Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

^^A completely great goal.

Im gonna say something controversal but Im really hoping for Blue dumps after a server cycle ends. I think it'd be nice to toss a character like a woodelf ranger with a guise onto it, to presumably play 3 or 5 years from now, just gearing up for fun.

Knowing I could always have the "long term goals" server, while also having a wide variety of green/purples/golds/russets/idkwhatever servers to play on (or not maybe Ill skip one that Im not a fan of and Ill put in some time working on my little darkelf ranger.) Seems like a really cool future for p99 to me.

idk, those are my hopes for green+ But I'm perfectly happy with whatever too.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Do my best to have fun until Velious. I am guessing when Velious comes, I will have fun no longer because I feel I have mostly done the things that I wanted to do at this point and I really don't care to try it all over again. I am interested though in the Vanilla experience and I have always liked Kunark.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Easy.

When sleeper awakes, then server shuts down and resets next day.

Your characters life is now in the hands of raid guilds. They can either let him sleep and keep the current server alive, or wake him and kill everyone's character and reboot back to Classic for another go. For added fun Sleepers becomes PvP enabled zone.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by karekiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy.

Your characters life is now in the hands of raid guilds. They can either let him sleep and keep the current server alive, or wake him and kill everyone's character and reboot back to Classic for another go. For added fun Sleepers becomes PvP enabled zone.
This is a great idea! Also fits with the storyline where the Sleeper just kills everyone and destroys the world.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

It would be neat to get some ZEM in some of the less popular exping zones.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by karekiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy.

This is a terrible idea. Top guilds will just race the be the ones who kill the server. It's not like Velious is new, or like the players who will kill in ST to start with will be new to the zones and looking forward to killing their first warders. It would just turn Velious into a race to burn the server down for bragging rights.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisrak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great idea! Also fits with the storyline where the Sleeper just kills everyone and destroys the world.
But not if we can escape his wrath by hiding on, say, the moon!
Old 08-28-2019, 01:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

To answer a whole lot of posts that did not include any questions:

EQ PvP worked reasonably well on Live servers before the merge of the Zeks, and for a while afterward.

There were always lots of balance issues, and the merging of the servers killed the distinct engagement rules each server had, leading to a more Quake-arena type of environment, definitely not good for server population in the long term.

But every class was either viable in SOME solo PvP situations and/or SOME group PvP situations, and as long as there were good guilds to join, people had teams of a sort to side with.

OoW/DoDH/PoR was probably the last era when PvP encounters had reasonable durations. TSS/TBS was probably the last era when they were remotely enjoyable. After that, too many classes could be too easily one-rounded by too many other classes. The increasing proliferation of pre-compiled hack programs was a serious nail in the coffin, too.

It's not clear to me that Red99 ever had a non-antisocial phase. We are talking about a server where the best guild was banned for a very stupid troll gesture.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Easy.

this would spice things up. to wipe or not to wipe its all in the hands of the players..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisrak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe some guilds would defend the sleeper?
Old 08-30-2019, 07:20 PM
Large Rat

Something more then just a reboot of blue would be cool. If not it might as well not exist because, well, I already did it.
Closed Thread