Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Default Thule Corrupts Lesser Faydark

https://web.archive.org/web/20010622...erlore.com/#11

Quote:
Edit/Delete Brell--Thule's touch corrupts the Faydark
Serrean Darkleaf [6/20/2001-2:21:15 PM] Comments[5]

Soon after the mother was summoned to Lesser Faydark as well as the Princess Firona Vie ,to the sorrow of Felwithe and Kelethin, bound to the mercy of the faceless himself, the Lord of Fear's influence has corrupted all of the lesser Faydark forest...all of the sky has become a deep blood-red, and the races closest to Tunare's light, the noble Faeries and Pixies, have been contorted and twisted into hordes of undead, practically bursting with evil and murderous intentions. The Pixies have been transformed into Frightlings, tiny skeleton creatures who swarm and attack anyone they see. The Faeries have become Undead Sprites, led by the evil sprite Bloodboil, and thirst for the blood of all elves. An even greater sorrow though, the holiest of Tunare's Creatures, the holy unicorn Equestrielle, has become a savage black stallion with a ravenous hunger for flesh, and has vanished into the woods somewhere, leaving evil Blighted Mares in her wake. The Brownies have been outcast from their village, and now roam the forest, slaughtering anything that steps into their path... and if the evil were to spread to the greater woods or the steamfont mountains... who knows what the effect could be?

The following is marked Out of Character
Along with these changes are some Uberiffic quests, such as the frightling skull quest, which rewards a light-races only earring with AC, HP, and many resists-there are also quests for dark races (the light quest NPC is at the fae drake ring, the dark NPC is at the old Dark Elf camp)-the quests take a LONG time to do, as most of the drops are rare, although the NPCs are sometimes level 4 or less. Also, the Pained Unicorn is still around, so no worry for epic quests, but the Blighted Mare, which looks like a large black horse with blood-red eyes, wanders the forest and is DEEPLY K.O.S. with everyone, and also in the higher 40s in level, I believe... anyway, the forest is worth seeing, so if the firiona-cazic event has happened yet on your server, check it out....

Thanks for spending time reporting this Serrean!
Xott
https://web.archive.org/web/20010710...how&BID=445248

Quote:
Beast Name: Blighted Mare
Known Level Range: 23 / 33
Quest Related: No
Magic Caster: No
Faction Hits: None
Loot: None
Description
Black horse that spawned in Lesser Fay. Hits in the lower 50's and was blue to me at 34. Seemed to have about 800hp's or so and a hefty regen rate.
Submitted by: Aelfric Wolfheart
Quote:
Submited by: Luanbin On: 7/6/2001 7:59:11 AM
One person stated that the Hide was Lore, another stated that it was quest related, and that you had to turn in 2 hides for a bag. Interesting trick. anyone have any more info? I need to get a good weight reduction bag, and this seems like a decent one. I'm only LV 30 Human so is this a quest i can do?
Quote:
Submited by: Phorrest of Terris T On: 6/22/2001 7:11:44 AM
I started fighting one today...blue to a 27 bard. She ran after me and hit me once ... I stepped back and snare song'd her. while fighting her, I saw in my combat window that I was more resistant to magic (like someone cast resistant to magic on me) ... I went to third person, and didn't see anyone around. a little while later in the fight, it happened again, but I never saw any kind of text saying that someone was casting a spell. I think the mob is bugged in that spell, as I think they messed up on the burinibane spider in the FoB a while ago, where the mob was suposed to poison you, but they got the spell number coded in wrong for the mob, and instead of getting poisoned, one would get the level 60 earth elemental pet.

I think they just messed up in the coding of this mob and it is actually suposed to disease you or something wierd like that.

The way mobs "poison" you inherantly (snake poison, bixie poison etc) isn't them casting a spell, it's actually you casting the spell on yourself, with no mana usage, no display message, and no delay of casting time. all spells have a "number" ID...they must have just swapped the numbers, or someone fat fingered the number in wrong and now it's casting a spell that benifits you, rather than hurt you.
Quote:
Submited by: DalamarD On: 6/20/2001 7:41:53 PM
Greetings all. This beast is for a quest for evil races that results in a 30% weight reduction bag. The quest is started at the DE Camp in LFay. You must collect 2 blighted mare hides and 2 enchanted plat bars. You then turn these items in to the fiery dressed DE at the camp, and you get the bag. Good quest for evil races. Not sure what the hooves are for though. Hope this helps. Farewell

Tarlanus Ordeith
30th ring Dark Elf rogue
Saryn
Quote:
Submited by: Sham On: 6/12/2001 11:08:41 AM
It's a she...a mare is a female horse!!!
Does this creature seem linked to the now-red skies of Lesser Fay? How and when did that happen, anyway?
Quote:
Submited by: Gudweis DeSaque On: 6/11/2001 2:33:12 PM

Gudweis DeSaque 48 Ranger
Met this curious mare in LFay looking for the Thistle Brownie. He conned green and ready to attack. I approached to hail, to see if there was someway to possibly help it. Apparently it is kos to all and hits for 1-50+, mid lev regen. Once it was down to about two bubbles I recieved a cast of Magic Resistance from somewhere for approx 50+ svMAG. I thought someone passing had done this but saw no one. When I killed a second mare later, the same thing happened. I met a DE SK looking for the mare and he told me he needed two hides for a quest in Neriak. This is all I know of it so far. So apparently this mare has two things going so far, 1) for some race/classes - 50+ svMAG, 2) drops quest hide for DE's. No idea whose quest hooves are for yet. Mare is Black, very beautiful horse. More later if I find out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good hunting
Be safe, exp much, kill many, prosper.
Gudweis 48th Ranger
High Plains Drifter
Xegony
Quote:
Submited by: Anonymous On: 6/11/2001 12:53:01 PM
Killed him too, dropped blighted mare hide. any clue plz thx?
Quote:
Submited by: Anonymous On: 6/8/2001 7:44:53 AM
Just a little info:

I received a blighted hide and a hoof ( off separate kills ) so far off this mob. Both items are Magic, Lore, No Drop. Most likely quest related, but I have no info on that
Likely unintentional, the blighted mare often buffed combatants with (+50?) Magic Resist. The result of the hide portion of the quest, for those aligned with dark elves, was a 30% weight reduction bag. No info as of yet on the hooves.

The dates of the earliest comments match the Everlore News pasted above, which details some of the changes made to Lesser Faydark in June of 2001, roughly six months before Luclin's release. There were at least three items added as a result of this change/event, two of which are included in the linked thread below.

As for the other NPCs, more will be included in this thread as relevant information is found.

Aspects of the quests involved were reported previously here in 2010, however such changes then wouldn't have been sequential with the classic timeline and, as there were still more significant fixes in the works, the thread closed.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-09-2019 at 05:39 PM..
Old 08-09-2019, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20011224...447594&mode=35

Quote:
New Dark elf lady, quest giver
Lutzzirg | 6/13/2001 5:31:38 PM

She is at the Dark elf camp. He name is Zyrria I'Vanres and wears the orange and purple velious outfit. Druids love to kite her around for some reason but anyway she gives these two quest.

Number 1: She wants three spores from frightlings. I killed about 500 frightlings and found none. Reward: unknown

Number 2: She wants two blighted mare hides and two enchanted platinum bars. I killed nine of those black horsies and got zero hides. Reward: unknown

There is also a named Iksar that gives quests but as i was starting to talk to him a druid came by and started blasting... thx jerk dr00ds
Quote:
Submited by: pich blach On: 6/27/2001 4:38:43 AM
wow
you guys spent hours looking for spores but you couldnt spend 2 more mins and read carefully what she asks for
Quote:
Submited by: MB On: 6/22/2001 1:34:11 AM
I spent a week near the fairie tower killing frightlings, frightling horrors, I even faught the Frightling bone charmer (a necro imp with a pet skelly, conned green at 40), and got rusty weapons, some gems, some kind of flesh scroll, and a bottle of darkened fluid of some kind. I probably killed close to 1000 of those, and nothing. Is this the only place the frightlings spawn in this zone? If anyone has any more info on this quest, send me a tell on vasaelle.
Quote:
Submited by: Ximm On: 6/19/2001 10:07:38 AM
Just completed the blighted mare quest and the reward is bagpack weight reduction 30%.
Quote:
Submited by: Wades On: 6/17/2001 9:19:32 AM
The Iksar is a necro blue at 53. I was not able to chat with him in any illusion, so I charmed him. When I asked first question "What curiosities of Dread, Fright and Terror" or something close I got: Cannot Open TXT_FILE.txt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quest broken for Iksar at least [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wades 53 Illusionist
Karana Server
Quote:
Submited by: Mefario of Druzzil R On: 6/16/2001 7:09:00 AM
I have gotten a hide off one of the blighted mares. They do drop, rare as heck though. As for the frightling spores..no dice. I have gotten 4 earrings now for my characters and my firiends, and still have not seen a spore one drop.
Quote:
Submited by: Darcis On: 6/15/2001 4:25:35 PM
I dont think this quest is finished, cause I share the same opinion as above, I killed Frightlings for an hours, no spores. I've killed about 5 horses traveling through Faydark, and no hides. I believe it might be and "unfinished" quest.
Darcis Rage
Shadowknight of Innoruuk
Vallon Zek Server
More information on Zyrria, along with quest dialogue and faction hits below. Still no name for the 30% weight reduction bag, but apparently it held medium items.

https://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/...d-of-innoruuk/
Old 08-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

More evidence for the blighted mare indicating that it had high hp regen, (potentially) high resists, and would often cast/proc of a magic resist buff onto players attacking it. Also included, mention of a spawn point and pathing in the southernmost region of the zone.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6592

Quote:
lesserfaydark - a blighted mare

Uploaded July 24th, 2007
Updated July 25th, 2007
Extinct

Appeared in the Lesser Faydark after a late-spring 2001 patch, and vanished by early 2002.

Formerly of Lesser Faydark.

Original Submission by: Gadon Daggefal

Minimum Level: 25
Maximum Level: 26
Known Loot:
icon Blighted Mare Hide
icon Blighted Mare Hoof

Known Habitats: Mob Graveyard
Quests: Child of Innoruuk (Removed)
Quote:
Stop its regen
#Jun 27 2001 at 1:16 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
Bring a shaman, necro, or sk with a disease based DOT. No more regen, easier to kill.
Quote:
Proc
#Jun 26 2001 at 8:21 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous
Casts resistance to magic on you....
Quote:
Regen
#Jun 23 2001 at 8:34 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous
I found this while i was wandering around in the new look lfay. Conned blue to my lev 30 druid, but wow it had regen! It almost outregened crud and immo so I just started nuking it to death with combust. It worked pretty well. This horse has a ton of regen but it doesn't have a great amount of hp's (enough though) so best to keep regen down with DoTs and just blast the thing.

I got a blighted mare hoof, though, and I don't have the foggiest idea what it's for.
Quote:
Spawn
#Jun 21 2001 at 1:02 AM
Darkmour
1 post
Spawns at 0,0 at Lfay, and i think another place..i know this bu i think the spawn time is obsenyl long, killed him once, never got the hide
#Jun 20 2001 at 12:25 PMRating: Decent
Galeras
5 posts
I am a 31 druid. I was medding in LF when this thing hit me. It resisted all my roots, and took two tries to snare it (My primary specialty is Alt). I stacked Immolate and Creeping Crud on it at least 3 times, but it was still at 90% health when I had to zone due to lack of mana. Either this thing is way underconned, it has an incredible regen rate, or it just plain resists taking full damage from dots. Dot kiting doesn't seem to do anything to it. Very high magic resistance.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010710...how&BID=443246

Quote:
Beast Name: a blighted mare
Known Level Range: 20 / 27
Quest Related: No
Magic Caster: No
Faction Hits:
Loot:

Description
She conned "ready to attack" even though I am a ranger. She was blue to me at level 28. I followed her wandering close to the southern edges of Lesser Faydark. Seems to have appeared at same time as "Undead Spirits" when the sky turned blood red in LFay.
Submitted by: Zizywa Moonglow
Quote:
Submited by: Laror On: 6/19/2001 2:41:14 PM
Conned a medium lvl blue to a lvl 32. Very easy kill, it hit like a pansy, highest in the 5o's I think, but that only once. She did seem to have a bit of poison resistance, had to use numerous dot's on her, but that would make sense on something htat is "blighted" wouldn't it? Other than that easy xp.
Quote:
Submited by: Celestya On: 6/7/2001 4:42:12 AM
This mob was green to a lvl 42 druid, and was KoS, both in human and wolf forms.
She dropped a 'blighted mare hoof' lore, no drop, magic item.
No idea yet, as to what it's purpose is.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1268

Quote:
#Jun 27 2001 at 12:30 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
"What factions do you need for this quest? Since the quest NPC is a dark elf, is this something dark elves can do?"

Any race w/ good Neriak faction (more precisely Ebon Mask faction) should be able to do this.

"why would some one want to turn an unicorn in to an worthless thing (the only thing its good for is geting a backpack)yeah you are turning it but why whats the point the unicorn is not a threat to innoruk right ?"

You don't turn in unicorn horn parts...you turn in two blighted mare hides and 2 bars of enchanted plat. I gave the unicorn horn parts to her just in case and got nothing.

Also...backpack is 30% weight reducer w/ 6 slots and only holds medium and lower items.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...86;source=lucy

Quote:
Blighted Mare Hide Satchel
LORE ITEM NO TRADE
WT: 1.0 Weight Reduction: 30%
Capacity: 6 Size Capacity: MEDIUM
Item Type: Container
Stackable: No
Lucy Entry By: SwiftyMUSE
Old 08-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1268

Quote:
#Jun 17 2001 at 1:53 PMRating: Decent
Ryanlynx
Scholar
65 posts
The undead sprites drop a bunch of stuff, I know the cloak, twice woven cloak, and power of the earth, are for a caster quest, but they also drop a "bone fragment" (proc fear looks like a tooth), The item of "fear" Ytharisth Nerishar wants could be from them, also on Xev theres been an npc called the "Dreadlord" who may drop the item of "dread" (a rare drop most likly), and the item of terror "could" be from the frightlings (another word for terror) maybe the skull, or the spores mentioned by Kank (I've never seen spores drop either) There is a frightling bone charmer that could drop the spores (another rare drop).
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6606

The Dread Caller
Level: 50
Spawned in front of the pixie tower in Lesser Faydark. KoS to all but those whose deity was Cazic Thule, in which case it considered them dubiously. High hp regen. High magic resists. Could be rooted, snared, and feared. Did not cast or summon. Dropped a globe of fear and an idol of petrified koada`dal flesh.

Quote:
#Jun 30 2001 at 6:52 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
I snared him and kited him awhile while i waited for some guildmates that wanted to see him.

Snared him twice, 2-3 resists per, saying he can not be snared is quite incorrect.

Just had a cleric fear him(49 cleric dread was yellow, feared very well considering).

Monk and paladin beat on him while i doted him no problem.

Lenymar 53 druid
Tunare
Quote:
#Jun 29 2001 at 12:33 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
summoning of dread in paineel produces a friendly avatar of dread in the temple of terror--not this guy. however, factionwise, this guy is only dubious to cazic-thule cleric. unfortunately, he doesn't talk
Quote:
#Jun 19 2001 at 4:35 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
I killed him last night. Pulled with snare (at 57) and root / doted him. Had a LOT of hp. Had a cleric and chanter with me. Looking for info on the Idol of Petrified Koada'Dol Flesh I got off him.

Akom
57 Preserver
Quote:
I submitted it.
#Jun 16 2001 at 6:16 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
I am the one who submitted this, I will post links to the 2 quest items we go once I put then on my guild site. Snare was resisted like mad from me, assumed nosnare since Verant likes that now in Velious. I have no idea what the items are for.

One was a globe of fear type item, one was petrified koada'dal flesh! eep!

I'll bring more info...when I have it.

http://www.geocities.com/anungunrama/royalsofthex.html

Anung Un`Rama
57 Evoker, Leader of Royals of Thex, E'ci Norrath
Quote:
#Jun 15 2001 at 5:30 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
i just killed it with a 55 druid. It can be snared, it resists about 3 out of 4 roots so i had to med up for roots and dot it with elder vam's for 20 minutes. He just has really high magic resist, doesnt summon but hits for around 120ish...doesnt cast either. I found him infront of the pixie tower standing there, He dropped a nodrop idol with no stats on it...cant remember what it was called had a fairly long and unpronouncable name. No one seems to know about this monster much less what to do with the idol he drops (
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=60168

Quote:
Idol of Petrified Koada`Dal Flesh
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
WT: 0.4 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Item Type: Misc
Lucy Entry By: Abraxax
Old 08-13-2019, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6063

Quote:
Jagged Shard of Bone
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PLACEABLE
Slot: SECONDARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 32
DMG: 5 Dmg Bonus: 28
Effect: Fear (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 15
WT: 2.0 Size: SMALL
Class: WAR RNG MNK BRD ROG BST
Race: ALL except ERU HIE
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)
Item Lore: A jagged shard of bone
Item Type: Piercing
Lucy Entry By: Kerasota
Item Updated By: Oxgoad

Drops: This item is found on creatures.
Mob Graveyard
lfaydark - an undead sprite horror
lfaydark - an undead sprite spook

Zone(s) Found In:
Mob Graveyard
No longer drops as the undead sprites in lfay were taken out of the game.
Initially a Primary weapon, the rare Jagged Shard of Bone was quickly nerfed to be Secondary only. However, according to numerous comments, all classes were able to wield the weapon before then and some only unable to afterwards for lack of having the ability to dual wield.

So far there are no mentions of this retroactive change in any of the patch notes around mid- to late-2001, but posts on Allakhazam suggest it occurred in a July update and that the zonewide event itself ended before August, at least on a few servers.

Quote:
No longer drop
#Dec 14 2001 at 4:13 PM
Gohda
224 posts
no longer drop incase people are still racking brain trynna find them
Quote:
#Dec 02 2001 at 12:16 PMRating: Default
mcroc
70 posts
Bleh, this item would be great for my ranger. Imagine duel welding a wurmslayer as well.. So I started looking for this undead sprites, and after an hr and after getting slaughtered by some lvl 60 unicorn someone tells me undead sprites no longer exist in lfay and presumably neither does the item. Hehe guess I will stick to my shaman until there exists a v nice item for a ranger
Changed from Primary to Secondary.
Quote:
cant use anymore!!!!
#Oct 23 2001 at 4:17 PM
Linorf
Ive had jagged shard of bone for quite awhile now and have always used it untill just lately. I cannot equip the item anymore and i make sure im not holding anything, also it doesnt say the text when u cant use an item(class race diety cannot...). does anyone know if there was a patch to change this item? Im really in need of help on this on since even teh gm' couldnt help me. and btw it says all all, peircing, which would let me use it.
Quote:
RE: cant use anymore!!!!
#Mar 13 2002 at 6:48 PM
Mekora
Scholar
34 posts
This was changed from primary slot only to secondary slot only. You can't use it anymore because shamans cannot dual wield.
Quote:
#Aug 28 2001 at 12:53 AM
KyiriRavenwing
70 posts
Well, my ranger, my shaman, and my druid have one of these. =) Only useable by my ranger. It's GREAT for soloing... it usually procs once or twice a fight, then I switch back to something better. I think a fear-proccing dagger for all classes would have been a liiiiittle too uber for a mere drop.

Druzzil Ro no longer drops these.

And may I say this: Dude. I dunno what you were smoking, but I used this the day I got it, when Lfay was still undead.. and, hon, it did not proc any 150DD + fear. The things that DROP it harmtouched for 180+ a shot and were very green at L 24. (though they did drop randomly off of all the undead sprites.) It procs a simple L 4 necro's fear.. and it is very nice, especially for a weapon I just picked up in my travels. =)

Just my 2cp.
Quote:
#Aug 23 2001 at 6:02 PM
Miriamele
Sage
268 posts
This item is not available anymore. It was changed to Secondary slot only, so only dual weilding classes who already own one can equip it.
Quote:
#Jul 26 2001 at 1:40 PM
Icemaned
9 posts
Do these even drop anymore since the change back?
#Jul 12 2001 at 6:04 AM
siegr
7 posts
i, for one, used this a lot. it has saved my group lots of HP, and saved my **** a couple times. On the patch on July 10th, i think, they made it off hand only. No more free fear for casters=(
Quote:
RE: NERFED!!!
#Jul 14 2001 at 9:49 AM
jpnorth
10 posts
That saddens me a great deal that this was nerfed (and I am sure many of you feal the same way) I was thinking my shaman could now solo like a druid can, so much for class balancing.

my question is if you had one before can you still have it in your primary slot or did they force the change with out an item turn-in.

On Drinal, the undead sprites no longer spawn so the item is not dropped anymore. (As of July 14, Do they have different versions of the game on different servers, I know that befallen was different on MithMarr and on Drinal, one had dark elves in befallen two weeks before the other.)
Quote:
Magicians
#Jul 09 2001 at 9:35 PM
zonkfactor
10 posts
WOOHOO magicians can use this I am glad about that because I really need fear sumtimes =)
best of all I can get this finally sumtin good my lvl=0P
Been getting these left and right
#Jul 06 2001 at 8:47 AM
Malaclypse
Sage
207 posts
I've been hunting frightling skulls at lvl 12 (I'm suicidal. Deal with it.) and I can't STOP getting these. I've only killed like 5 regular undead sprites and 3 of em had these. I actually had to leave em behind because they were lore. Maybe I'm just lucky *shrug*

Now if only those bleeding frightling skulls spawned like this...

Faelawen - Povar - Fnord.
Proc duration.
Quote:
Proc lasts 24 secs
#Jun 20 2001 at 9:18 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous
Was over in L Fay tonight hunting for frightling's to try and get a skull (and an earring of course) and got one of these early. Snazzy for lower levels, and I can see a use for a lot of classes, but some just wouldnt need it, or it wouldnt be viable.

BUT... Imagine a rogue using this, and switching to a superior weapon once it proc'd... Free back stabs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I timed it tonight in EC and the proc lasts 4 pulses (24 secs) so that would give the rogue 2 or 3 backstabs. Nice for a low lev rogue.

Oh, I was hitting for 25's max that I noticed with it. Is a novelty item for me, being a bard but an entertaining one. Allready have a 55 ranger in the area wanting one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It proc'd for a 23 druid (regularly btw), so a proc lev of 15 doesnt sound too low. It dropped for me off an undead sprite horror, so it seems that it can be any undead sprite that drops it.

For those that want one, good luck. And take into account what it will be replacing. It IS primary only.
Droprate and one spawn location for the undead sprites.
Quote:
Yes LvL 5, Yes Undead Sprite
#Jun 19 2001
at 3:24 PM
foreverquester
Scholar
39 posts
This item dropped for me after a few hours of chasing undead.

68 kills later, 58 of which were the newbie Undead Sprites, the shard dropped, on an undead sprite.

These are LvL 5 - 6 mobs, and so yes a LvL 5 can acquire the item. I have found that LF definitely has patterns in the spawns of the different undead types. One area spawns Horrors almost exclusively, another spawns mostly guardians. In the S-SE area of the zone near the shadowmen and along the south wall of LF, I found nothing but sprites, and this is where the shard ultimately dropped.

Put an SBD in one hand, and the Shard in the other, or switch off between the two in Primary & you have the recipe for a rogue's wet dream come true!
No class restriction.
Quote:
#Jun 14 2001 at 5:41 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous
The weapon PROCS the effect, it works fairly decent proccing about as much as a PGT goes off, Druids can also use this weapon too.
Quote:
#Jun 13 2001 at 6:16 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
So when does it start to proc? Won't proc for my level 8 rogue or lvl 14 shaman...I'm guessing 17? 25 maybe? Anyone? Anyone?
Quote:
Mob who drops this
#Jun 12 2001 at 5:55 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous
is usually the Undead Sprite Guard or Horror, and you couldn't kill one of these with 100 lvl 5 players. They harmtouch for 171 and took about 2-3 rounds of combat for my 51 earth pet to wipe.
Quote:
#Anonymous, Posted: Jun 11 2001 at 5:08 PM
Alright! I can finally get my monks Piercing skill up. I'm glad to see Verant has finally decided to blur the lines further between classes, maybe they'll give monks a back stab ability next, and I'm sure the warriors would love to get feign death. In fact, I think it's high time that Enchanters were able to track, their time is long overdue! And while we're at it, let's give bards the ability to harm touch, heck they have the illusions and mez ability that chanters have why not? Shadow Knights shoudl be able to SoW, Pallys should be able to summon a Were Wolf pet and last but not least, Gnomes should be able to tinker.
Quote:
#Anonymous, Posted: Jun 13 2001 at 7:31 AM
Monks do not have the piercing skill at all. Yes monks can use this dagger but their skill will never be higher than zero. I have this dagger and use it with my monk just for the looks. I have not been able to gain one single skill point because monks do not have piercing skill. know your facts before you post garbage like this.
Approximate droprate.
Quote:
#Jun 05 2001 at 7:00 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous
I got it off an undead sprite last night (out of 200 kills maybe).
It seems to be a very rare drop, but it's really worth it.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-13-2019 at 06:26 AM..
Old 08-16-2019, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6192

Spawn location of The Dread Caller corroborated, plus another description of it being a mini version of Cazic Thule, but nothing specific. It seems plausible the mob was no bigger than the Avatar of Fear. Will search around for additional screenshots.
Quote:
Miny Cazic
#Jun 19 2001 at 11:19 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
I killed The Dread Caller last night. He was at the frightling tower. Cleric friend of mine had the crap scared out of him when he spawned and mentioned it in guild chat, so I came and killed it with some help from the cleric and an enchanter. The Dread Caller dropped an Idol of Petrified Koada'Dol Flesh, which I have yet to find out the use of. Had Identify cast on myself while holding it and all it told me was what was listed on the item already.
Iksar Quest NPC spawntime, placeholders, and dialogue bug workaround along with mention of turn-in item to The Dread Caller.
Quote:
The Quest
#Jun 18 2001 at 9:07 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous
Ok, here's the deal with Equestrielle the Corrupted. Ythslath NXXXXXX (Can't remember the exact name, but it's the named Iksar Necromancer that spawns around 8, 12 in Lesser Faydark, to get him to spawn you have to kill the Brownie Scouts as they're on the same spawn table.)

Ok, Ythslath's quest file is bugged as well, if you hail him he talks about Fear, Terror, and Dread, however if you use the trigger word it will say CANNOT FIND TXT FILE "FILE TXT.TXT" or something along those lines. To get him to continue with the quest, you have to pull an undead sprite near him and somehow force the sprite to taunt you which than trigger's Ythslath to speak of the rest of the quest. (I did this buy feigning and then sitting, causing the sprite to taunt me).

Ythslath speaks of Equestrielle the Corrupted, and how you have to kill her, and take her blood (Blood of the Corrupted) to The Dread Caller (I have never seen this spawn in lesser faydark, but apparently it is a miniature Cazic Thule in the Frightling Tower... probably a triggered spawn from Equestrielle's death, unsure of this point).

Ythslath tells you to take her blood, also refers to the blood as "the gate" and take "the key" to the Dread Caller and you will be rewarded handsomely.

I hope this helps, and/or clears up any confusion on the matter. I've got the Blood of the Corrupted, but have yet to see The Dread Caller. I'll keep trying and keep you guys posted.

Tsudanosh <Insanity's Edge>
Rallos-Zek 51 Gnomish Necromancer
Gnome > All!
Earliest date on the page mentioning the arrival of these quest NPCs.
Quote:
Quest?
#Jun 15 2001 at 6:29 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
This might be tied in to a new Dark Elf NPC in the area...Here is some text from a recent quest posted:

Zyrria I`Vanres says 'Excellent... oh, wait, damn. I can't use these. The properties I was searching for seemed to have vanished in the death of the creature, although they are not entirely useless. I cannot let you go without reward, it would be a foolish loss of investment. Here, at least these hides should be of some use to someone. It is truly a pity that I cannot obtain Equestrielle's horn

Seems the last line might indicate she would be interested in the fragments...
Old 08-22-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

A screenshot of Ytharisth Nerishar and his supposed faction, Cult of the Arisen.

No other classic information about either, only a revealing bit of lore from EQ2:

Quote:
This would not last, however; Venril had erred. In his lust for power, his lust for divinity, Venril Sathir had cast aside the Iksar religion, putting aside the old traditions and replacing it with the Cult of the Arisen--the Cult of Syllokk. Syllokk, he claimed, was the Eternal Spirit of the Iksar, a mass of souls in the Plane of Fear that all Iksar would join upon death. With this religion, Venril planned to make himself the god of all Iksar; but Cazic-Thule, newly returned, had other ideas.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://web.archive.org/web/20120309...owl/misc2.html