Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue is going to be wiped and/or become a beta server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no
Well I mean technically Blue already is a beta server (and has been since the beginning), so Menden's half-right because there won't be any future wipes, and half-right because Blue can't become something it already is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:25 PM
Banned

All I know is I can’t wait for the HHK nobles camp to open up on Blue. Really hope all the frustrated ones between 49 and 54 are gonna jump ship so I can bask in the ZEM for once. Things are already hard enough for us gnomes, beleaguered by words like ‘bigly’.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Remember you can 1-box all the servers at the same time, so technically I could camp nobles on blue while leveling something on green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2019, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember you can 1-box all the servers at the same time, so technically I could camp nobles on blue while leveling something on green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But then, the second a spawn pops, I can jump on it - claim it was an ill-attended camp situation - and then we keep RNF afloat for a bit longer. Ya know, really “give em somethin to talk about.”
Old 08-24-2019, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But then, the second a spawn pops, I can jump on it - claim it was an ill-attended camp situation - and then we keep RNF afloat for a bit longer. Ya know, really “give em somethin to talk about.”
HHK meltdowns in /ooc are often hilarous
Old 08-24-2019, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find there is often a correlation between players that do not believe that blue will fail and that everyone is going to stay there and that green is not a good idea, and players that are on their way to achieving their first level 60 BIS character.

I just am throwing this out there, if if that is you, you might not be right about your feelings and in a few years will change your mind about the idea of a fresh server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I predict a big turnover to green, bigly.

But then again Im bad at predicting so I have 0 idea what to expect. Besides me enjoying whatever green is, discord, or time locked progression!
started about 2.5 years ago, basically BiS and happy with my loot and wealth, confidently predicted that none of the previous p99-killers would even dent p99, which they didn't. also confidently predicted that Pantheon was doodoo vaporware, which it was.

definitely still think Green is going to be awful and will also not dent Blue, unless Green's launch like, causes the staff to abandon Blue CSR or something dramatic of that nature.

however, I can understand upcoming Blue players expressing this sentiment, reflecting the fact that Blue is legitimately good and fun for people with love for the game, in spite of certain elements who lost their passion years ago's insistence to the contrary. the most delightfully absurd thing about P99 is that the "beta" server inadvertently ended up showing how to make classic everquest an essentially infinitely replayable game that's fun, easy to learn, yet hard to master -- even to people who didn't play classic everquest.
Last edited by zodium; 08-24-2019 at 03:56 AM..
Old 08-24-2019, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the most delightfully absurd thing about P99 is that the "beta" server inadvertently ended up showing how to make classic everquest an essentially infinitely replayable game that's fun, easy to learn, yet hard to master -- even to people who didn't play classic everquest.
It proves this:

True: Game developers can make good games and gamers will be happy indefinitely
False: You must create new content to sell your customers [frequently] or they will stop playing your game.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also confidently predicted that Pantheon was doodoo vaporware, which it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise
Mark my words, Pantheon will never come to fruition.
Something we have in common Zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2019, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HHK meltdowns in /ooc are often hilarous
QFT
Closed Thread