Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-24-2023, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 is 1/20th as toxic as Classic EverQuest was. You can trust any single player in the tunnel to xfer gear for you, Classic EQ, it was getting stolen 9 in 10 times.

Raid content was for the sweatiest of sweat lords on live. People didn't even complete VP on most servers until after Velious. They changed servers to join better guilds.

Instances are bad, and so are rotations. Project 1999 itself is almost 15 years old. The content is forever locked. Competition is needed to keep interest. There's only so many times a person can clear uncontested mobs before it gets too boring to log in.

What we need is racing with lockouts.

Also i love how you cry about unclassic racing and then immediately say instances like Loramin dude wtf
There is toxicity, but it is in different places. You raise some really good points though, especially about trade scammers (or lack of).

Guilds are a lot more open too. I think exclusivity can be symptomatic of a kind of toxicity. But we don’t have that here. It seems pretty much any guild will accept any applicant. There isn’t the club culture from live. People are also much more willing to share knowledge here.

You’re post is really appreciated Twochain, it has helped break my groupthink on the toxic aspects of p99 and realise p99 is better than it tends to get credit for.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-25-2023, 10:04 AM
Banned

Blue has half the population of green whenever I check

and most of it is afk people in tunnel, or people in tunnel with huge WTS lists of shit that never or barely sells
Old 05-25-2023, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is toxicity, but it is in different places. You raise some really good points though, especially about trade scammers (or lack of).

Guilds are a lot more open too. I think exclusivity can be symptomatic of a kind of toxicity. But we don’t have that here. It seems pretty much any guild will accept any applicant. There isn’t the club culture from live. People are also much more willing to share knowledge here.

You’re post is really appreciated Twochain, it has helped break my groupthink on the toxic aspects of p99 and realise p99 is better than it tends to get credit for.
Yes, good points by Twochain.

I would add, in original, server changing was hard and not even an option I think until later expansions. (Velious? It cost like 50 bucks I seem to remember)

So one could kill one's reputation. Which did happen. Usually would just find a Dragons of Asia guild to run with lol. No one knows nothing ~la.

p99 toxicity is unique because this is it. Everyone knows exactly what the zones are, can research the loot, can study the strats, can poopsock for days. Or do the quake shuffle.

I do not think it is inaccurate to say, p99 has a special toxicity, not nearly as many-dimensioned as in original (remember looting corpses you got consent for?), but tightly focused due to the mind-fucking stupidity of thinking "that's it! we're done!" mentality of this project.

Yeah, this project is done alright. Done to death. ATTICA SERVER 2024 No exp loss if rezzed. Upon death corpse spawns in random zone including planes. No GM's. No pvp.

Then the game becomes about being able to efficiently just level and be able to focus enough to do a sky clear maybe over a month long time span. Get those necros parked and those wizards porting.

Necro coffins are not baggable, and weigh 200 pounds. Better have an ogre coffin mule gtg.

ATTICA
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2023, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also i love how you cry about unclassic racing and then immediately say instances like Loramin dude wtf
Huh? I made exactly three posts in this thread, none of which even mention the word "instance".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're out of your fucking mind if you actually believe this. What I think you meant was 20x as toxic. You just got the fraction the wrong way around.
100000% agree. Though I played only ever on Erollisi Marr. I will say Kill stealing and loot stealing happened. But it was stupid rare, our server was all about name and shame. It wasn't long until that "Ibackstab" ninja looter was called out and pretty much the server knew he was scum. Congrats that player pretty much forced to reroll/ play euro times. Guilds pretty much worked together to do raid bosses. Shared info about awful players. And when it became an seriously issue where no sides could prove other correct/wrong /guildpvp. There was no racing, dragons pretty much stayed up until 5-11pm est when guilds worked together to down them. I know my memory isn't the best but I can only think of a handful of times shit got toxic and it was usually due to some RL drama that bled into game. IE guild leaders GF banging someone in guild. Camps were never as bad as on p99. You'd walk up and a group of 3-8 players would be camping say FBSS, and you'd just ask to join or get on list. Didn't matter guild tag anything. On p99 how many people try to avoid adding you to list so their guild members 30th guild bot rogue can get the camp instead?

Other memories was KC. Now I can say trains there were a bit toxic, but most had macros for running out. But its EQ and lag. trains happened. But generally afterwards those who wiped others helped others recover.. on p99 lmao....

PS no loramin this isn't see 3-8 players omg nerf solo enc...
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-25-2023, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Its not toxic until the lawyers get involved.
Old 05-25-2023, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS no loramin this isn't see 3-8 players omg nerf solo enc...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-25-2023, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Man, people sure like to read things I never wrote in this thread ...

Old 05-25-2023, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, people sure like to read things I never wrote in this thread ...
You brought up the 70's Celtics dude. You had to there.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

I've raided in large guilds for a few years on P99. Raiding really isn't that bad on P99, and is generally enjoyable. There are just some people on these forums who will complain non-stop about raiding and make it seem like a huge problem. Often times these people don't even raid lol.

Most people in big guilds are nice and want to help players out. There's always some drama going on, but you don't have to get involved in it if you don't want to. I've never even visited the UN discord or any affiliated pages, and I can raid just fine. If the UN talks aren't your thing, just don't go there.