Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 01:50 PM
Orc

Looks like mages couldn't summon Waterstones til kunark Era.... Should make kedge real fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2019, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Odds are yeah, but I'm still holding out hope otherwise.

ZEMs have been a bit of anomaly here since the early days. When it comes to pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE ENTIRE PROJECT, with virtually every other decision they make, the devs weigh in on "make it work like it did in '99, regardless of player knowledge".

ZEMs are virtually the only thing where the devs depart from their normal standards and instead decide "let's make this one aspect unclassic!" So I'm hoping against hope that they use Green as a chance to revert that and go with actual classic ZEMs ... but I'm not holding my breath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the classic ZEMs? What links do we have to prove them? They may just need to be brought up again by enough people.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the classic ZEMs? What links do we have to prove them? They may just need to be brought up again by enough people.
I'm no ClassicQuester, but I believe the stock EQEmu ones (ie. the ones listed in the wiki) are those ZEMs.

As I understand it, back in the day people used the cheat program ShowEQ on live to determine the exact ZEM of every zone. The original EQ Emulator people had access to that data, and based the stock EQ Emulator ZEMs on them.

Because those ZEMs were widely known, and because on live ZEMs were only known by ShowEQ users (ie. relatively rare, fairly technical, cheaters), Nilbog changed them on P99 to restore mystery.

But with the hindsight of all these years of project decisions, that choice really feels out of sync with all the rest of the decisions that have been made.Almost universally they've all favored "the actual way classic was" over "re-creating a classic feel". See CH items, Midnight Mallets, obtaining OT Hammer via Puppet Strings ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

I know you are very "give us the ZEMs" or "use ZEMs we know" loramin, but it just doesn't seem like it's for the best for the game. Already, without knowing the ZEMs, on blue there is usually only 1 dungeon people will do per level range, and not due to lack of population (30 people in upper guk or mistmoore is a bit much). I think a rotating / or new, unknown ZEM that encourages people to spread out and try new dungeons would be a lot of fun, and really give a more classic feel(which the devs want), since people in 1999-2000 did not know which zones were best and did not try to min-max so hard, as you seem to be in favor of
Old 09-21-2019, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

It feels to me that the wiki ZEMs are fairly close to what is actually in game. So that is technically classic isn't it?

I would love to see rotating ZEMs but that didn't happen until Luclin era or was it even later?
Old 09-21-2019, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

People will be spreading out in Classic by sheer necessity, no ZEM adjustment needed. You will see groups in Permafrost, CT, Najena, Splitpaw, etc... It will be glorious.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you are very "give us the ZEMs" or "use ZEMs we know" loramin, but it just doesn't seem like it's for the best for the game. Already, without knowing the ZEMs, on blue there is usually only 1 dungeon people will do per level range, and not due to lack of population (30 people in upper guk or mistmoore is a bit much). I think a rotating / or new, unknown ZEM that encourages people to spread out and try new dungeons would be a lot of fun, and really give a more classic feel(which the devs want), since people in 1999-2000 did not know which zones were best and did not try to min-max so hard, as you seem to be in favor of
The point is, it's not about "what's best for the game". What would be best for the game would be for the mob that gives OT Hammers to be immune to puppet strings ... but P99 doesn't do that.

In virtually every other decision made, P99 sticks to what's classic, not what's best for the game. And no matter what ZEMs get set, players are going to swarm to perceived high ZEM zones.

All that using well known/classic ZEMs would do is at least let players swarm in a slightly smarter and more classic way to the popular zones.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

The Qeynos Aquaducts is one of my favorite zones. I don't know if ill be down there though but since I was Rallos Zek qeynos murderer I learned the ins and outs. Delicious cubes to kill.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:05 PM
Kobold

LFG for Gorge of King Xorbb! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstyle3454 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LFG for Gorge of King Xorbb! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
low key will be hottest zone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread