Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up Rad: My Experience~

Hey all,

I just wanted to take a moment as a new viewer of Rad and share my experience.

I had done some reading here on the forums on what to expect visually as differences between BMX and Motocross (something I recommend)... but most of all what piqued my interest was the awesome cover art of this film.

So I watched it. From my perspective, I couldn't be happier.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The film's story focuses on Cru Jones, a young BMX racer who lives in a small town with his mother and sister. Cru is faced with a tough decision: the qualifying races for Helltrack are the same day as his SATs, which he must take in order to attend college. However, winning Helltrack means $100,000, a new Chevrolet Corvette, and fame. Cru chooses the latter option, ignoring his mother's wishes.

The Helltrack race is endorsed by the city and a duplicitous Duke Best, president of The Federation of American Bicyclists and owner of Mongoose bicycles. Best keeps adjusting the rules in order to keep Cru out of the race and to ensure BMX star Bart Taylor (1984 Olympic gymnastics champion Bart Conner) has an easy road to victory, thus providing a financial windfall for Mongoose Racing, Bart's sponsor.

Racers from all around come to the small town for the Helltrack and Cru meets Christian Hollings, who becomes Cru's romantic interest. Christian and Cru meet at the local high school dance where, instead of dancing like the other couples, they perform freestyle bike stunts on the dance floor to the awe of many. After being blocked from the race due to a last minute rule change on participant sponsorship, Cru is ready to give up his dreams of winning Helltrack, until his younger sister Wesley gives him a shirt to wear at Helltrack reading "Cru is... RAD." Cru and his friends then come up with an idea for him to still enter the race. Using the $10,000 Cru won from qualifying, they start up "Rad Racing," a small T-shirt business. However; days before the race Best changes the rules yet again claiming any company sponsoring a racer must be worth $50,000. When the towns people hear about this they rally around Cru and his friends and with their contributions along with a generous donation from a wealthy local, Mr. Timmer, Rad Racing comes up with enough money and Jones is finally able to enter Helltrack.

During Helltrack, Duke Best gets the Reynolds twins to try to take out Cru, to no avail. In the final lap, Bart, who leads the race, slows down so that he and Cru can face each other one-on-one in the final stretch. Cru ultimately wins Helltrack, and Bart Taylor is kicked off the Mongoose team. In the final scene Cru offers Taylor a spot in Rad Racing.

I would honestly recommend others to come give it a watch as well~
Old 10-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Aviak

I see what you are doing and I like it.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

I really enjoyed that movie in the 80s. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] RAD! YEAH!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:15 AM
Skeleton

Hang on now, I didn't know Red could be referred to as RAD. Honestly can't put into words what a game changer this is. FUCK

Rad server: My experience. Shut the fuckin forums down.
Closed Thread