Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Banned

Everything Clazxiss says is retarded. It actually reads as if the dancing banana cartoon in his avatar is typing it.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll tell you a story. It's a true story. When I played live, it was on the Fennin Ro server. That is the original home of the very TMO guild you reference. I played from 1999 to 2003. During my playtime and beyond, TMO ruled over Fennin Ro. And when I say they ruled, it didn't matter if they were farming the top monsters of expansion X. They still back tracked to raid monsters in past expansions and original EQ. You either used your current guild as a stepping stone into TMO to see endgame in Everquest, or you just didn't get access to the content you paid $12 a month for.

When I joined P99 in June and visited the forums, I had a good laugh. Looks like some of the old members of TMO came to P99 to relive their glory days, after all, WoW humbled many of them as players.

TMO was not run off the server without a reason. They were run off the server because they wanted to create the same choke hold over content on red that they had blue. THE DIFFERENCE HERE IS THAT RED COULD FIGHT THEM BACK AND STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING!

People not in the top guilds of blue have multiple threads of being denied even the chance to experience end game. They would've killed for the chance to even the playing field against a guild like, TMO. Red has such a great story of the players preventing an invading force that sought to consume their world. Doesn't that make for a great story in an MMORPG?

Happy to have this new member join our server and offer an honest review of the community.

EDIT
Forgot a word.
I was there through all of that. I remember hearing about TMO, but not in any soul crushing way. But then, I wasn't in a guild that was competing for top end. We rarely saw them in our circles.
ROL GRATUL SKORCHERS
Old 10-18-2017, 09:56 PM
Fire Giant

Little lonely early in the night, but at least they have each other.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Later on they found some old friends.

AND BEHOLD!!!

The mythical Red 99 twink(Conspirator) arrives to ruin the day.

However the scales were not in his favor. He was only able to delay our heroes for a few minutes, before he had to run off; and so they moved on to bigger and better things.

Try Red, not as bad as they want you think.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:31 PM
Kobold

in my experience, the twinks are not the problem. the problem is the twinks who are accompanied by higher level healer/buffers. also eq pvp sucks.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:42 AM
Skeleton

i've been playing a week, and i've only been killed by a twink once. it's not as "off-the-chain" as everyone makes it out to be. i realize this isn't a large time sample, but from reading these forums you would think i am constantly camped as a low-level player.

i've leveled in g-fay, crushbone, and unrest. it's not like i am avoiding popular zones.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whom-pah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've been playing a week, and i've only been killed by a twink once. it's not as "off-the-chain" as everyone makes it out to be. i realize this isn't a large time sample, but from reading these forums you would think i am constantly camped as a low-level player.

i've leveled in g-fay, crushbone, and unrest. it's not like i am avoiding popular zones.
This isn't surprising... you know why this doesn't happen? It probably has something to do with the fact NO ONE PLAYS THERE
Old 10-19-2017, 09:27 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't surprising... you know why this doesn't happen? It probably has something to do with the fact NO ONE PLAYS THERE
the point of my response was not to debate whether there is or isn't "anyone playing there". my response was to all of the, "lul. red is a twink gank fest!" posts.

as for your post - it's all perspective. you may consider less than 500 people "no one plays there". you may not like that scenario. that's completely fine and you have a right to your opinion. from my perspective, i need a handful of people for a group and a few dozen for a raid to enjoy the game. i couldn't care less if we achieve 500+ players in peak because that just makes experiencing all of the content more difficult.

all said, 200-300 would be great. try red!
Last edited by Whom-pah; 10-19-2017 at 09:32 AM..
Old 10-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

33 atm. think numbers are actually down! Normally ~45 at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whom-pah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all said, 200-300 would be great. try red!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
33 atm. think numbers are actually down! Normally ~45 at this time.
Even though numbers are down, it's still fun to play. Sanctuary is a great levelling guild who wants to get enough people in their fifties to do some lower level raiding. No real low level PvP, especially if you stay out of the griefer zones, and the language/taunting has gone down on the global OOC.

So if you are want to level quickly, have a choice of zones mostly to yourself, or group with whoever you can find through Sanctuary, come try red!
Old 10-28-2017, 12:23 AM
Kobold

all im gonna say is make sure you pick a porter class or your gonna have to coordinate with your "girlfriend who only plays druid" frequently
Closed Thread