Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Default Mages, all 12 of you. dd staff + ds = full exp?

just wondering 46+ does "spamming" the dd staff along with the global damage from a DS do enough to get full exp?

I am lazy when I play my mage and would rather just buff/heal pet, i'm fine with the 50% exp loss but wondering later on if the staff can cheese my way into the real business.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

I believe DS is neutral damage but if i'm wrong about that someone please correct me. The reason I believe this is how power leveling works. DS self and let mobs kill them selves while lowbie gets 1 hit on each of them.

DD clickie staff does count as your damage. So if you're able to do more than 50% damage with the staff vs your pets attack you're good to go.
Not easy/fast and this is why grouping high levels or continuing to chain summon is the way to go.

TL: DR- DS won't help the 50% dmg done.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-18-2017 at 07:09 PM..
Old 10-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

It's really just easier to reclaim and re-summon pet. Ride the 44 and 49 fire pets for as long as you can, taking advantage of their DS. By far the most efficient method for leveling. Don't waste mana buffing or healing them, just send them in and spam Burnt Wood Staff. As you get higher level, you don't reclaim just to avoid the XP penality, you reclaim because it's much more mana efficient than spamming pet heals.

If you want to keep the pet just group or duo. The staff really shines best in duo/trio situations, in my experience. 25 DPS mana free is no joke, and that's on top of your hasted pet and traditional nukes. A Mage/Necro duo fear kiting with Mage also spamming staff can run through an absurd number of mobs in DL/BW from 40-low 50s. Mage/Shaman and Mage/Cleric both also go noticeably faster with Mage who can spam staff.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

From levels 44-54 mages are probably one of the best solo exp farming classes just from chain summoning fire pets. I would just do it that way. Fire pets are so strong and damage per mana efficient during those levels, theres no reason to use Cinder Bolt Staff.

You can sustain full mana and continuously non-stop kill for exp by chain summoning fire pets.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe DS is neutral damage
oh yea I had meant that when I said global damage, terms may vary!

I know reclaiming is the way to go but still not a fan, just like on my necro I know when undead charming is an option it's always the better one but I would rather fear kite any day of the week.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Grab a rando in EC, group with them, then go to whatever zone in norrath (leaving said rando in EC / different zone) and xp without worring about xp loss from pet ever again
Old 10-19-2017, 06:22 PM
Kobold

What if I do like 20% damage to a mob and reclaim pet when mob is like 10% and summon a new pet to finish off the mob. Do I get the full exp?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Kobold

Also in low 50s I found earth pet to be easiest solo. Just let it kill the mob and resummon when pet gets low on health.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:15 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grab a rando in EC, group with them, then go to whatever zone in norrath (leaving said rando in EC / different zone) and xp without worring about xp loss from pet ever again
really???
Old 10-20-2017, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impsy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really???
Yes. Even if theyre out of zone it will credit you with (solo) party xp
Closed Thread