Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:36 AM
Banned

Unhappy

Really thought this thread was about spell memes

I am disappoint
Old 10-17-2017, 07:55 AM
Kobold

I started a character on P2002, and can confirm that on their server, writing new spells into the spell book take a lot longer. Might be classic, but since I am used to P1999, frustrating.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The jokes on you cause your the acting as a troll. MY first gives reasoning on why this should be implemented, I will re-quote myself and say it makes the game more original, wasn't that the whole point of the server? Your probably too busy laying on your lvl 60 trying to be someone. It's just a game I gave my 2 cents take it or leave it. Thanks
Thing is there are many non-classic features on p99, and this one seems pretty benign.

I guess my thought is even if this feature isn't quite 100% classic does it really alter the gameplay in a way that makes the game unenjoyable? That's all my point is.

Seems pretty insignificant to me and I think the server emulates the classic experience regardless that spells aren't memmed exactly perfectly the way they were on Live.

I never even noticed this non-classic detail, in fact.

Oh well, glad people like you notice the finer details like this, I guess that's what helps set the server as close to possible to the "classic" experience.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

I think its fine. There's no point in the delay at all really, except maybe in PvP or an unfortunate bind spot. It's long enough to notice and be slightly irritating on new spells, and that's all the classic I'd want out of it.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowner411 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started a character on P2002, and can confirm that on their server, writing new spells into the spell book take a lot longer. Might be classic, but since I am used to P1999, frustrating.
recently? or a long time ago? because 2002 used to use a different client but now uses the same client as p99. if it was recently though, that implies p99 could fix it too, if it was a long time ago, it might've been a quirk of the other client (which was far worse and barely ran.)
Old 10-17-2017, 05:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
recently? or a long time ago? because 2002 used to use a different client but now uses the same client as p99. if it was recently though, that implies p99 could fix it too, if it was a long time ago, it might've been a quirk of the other client (which was far worse and barely ran.)
I just tried it a few days ago, using the client that they recommended me to download. The other thing I noticed from that client (and I might have been doing it incorrectly) is that I couldn't change my UI, so some things I've gotten used to in the UI I use here, I couldn't do there. In particular, I didn't have a second button bar and couldn't map strafe keys to my keyboard.

So, more classic? Perhaps. With the distance from 1999 and 2002, they are just different, thankfully free, and both fun to play.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The jokes on you cause your the acting as a troll. MY first gives reasoning on why this should be implemented, I will re-quote myself and say it makes the game more original, wasn't that the whole point of the server? Your probably too busy laying on your lvl 60 trying to be someone. It's just a game I gave my 2 cents take it or leave it. Thanks
My apologies if I misinterpreted this, but are you bashing someone for having one or more level 60 EQ characters while at the same time quibbling about spell memorization timers in an 18 year old EQ emulator?

Either way, the good folks involved in Project 1999 have plenty to do, and I am sure their development backlog is quite robust. I seriously doubt spell memorization timers are at the top of the list. There is also a bug reporting forum, I believe.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Dean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Re write the client and stop giving excuses and making your players pirate illegal software
it's not illegal at all... for one everquest1 is free to play and for two daybreak games gave p99 permission to exist, while it might still be not allowed from project1999.com to host the files, I'm pretty sure pirating titanium client is actually legal based on tacit permission to do so from daybreak games.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My apologies if I misinterpreted this, but are you bashing someone for having one or more level 60 EQ characters while at the same time quibbling about spell memorization timers in an 18 year old EQ emulator?

Either way, the good folks involved in Project 1999 have plenty to do, and I am sure their development backlog is quite robust. I seriously doubt spell memorization timers are at the top of the list. There is also a bug reporting forum, I believe.
Basically he is being extremely anal about something quite irrelevant and went postal after I questioned exactly what the reason was for him wanting this change.

"It's not classic!" was basically his response on top of a bunch of unnecessary insults.

Whatever.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

lhance getting too soft

I actually agree with op despite his inability to use a contraction

Many similar inconveniences have been implemented to fit the "classic" feel of the server. I would not be at all surprised if this was corrected if possible

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread