Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Default Grief weekend Instead of EXP weekend

Hello, non-green player here! Was reading a little about the pains of the regular player on your new server and I couldn't help but to think how gay it all seemed, petty, cheap people treating this game as real life. i.e. reporting to authorities, not letting more group members in to maximize exp and generally not being good Christians.

I played on classic launch and we had such a great way to deal with this pathetic nerd attitude, we trained people or called out neighbourhood wizard to KS named mobs for hilarious results.
Back then GMs had a strict no interference attitude. I know this would cause extreme havoc with the extreme rise of sociopathic behavior due to silly child rearing techniques, but now the sociopaths have simply infiltrated the other end of the stick, playing the victim.

So to reach a equilibrium, allow, once or twice a month vengeance to be served, get your monks and wizards ready and do what ever you want! Cause the pain you feel to these greedy fat cats!
IRL we can run them over with our car or poison their dogs, but here we are bound by the legislation of autism!

What do you say!? After all it's true classic!
/Margo of Veeshan, once voted 3rd most hated player.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

I was with you until you said “poison their dogs.” Not cool, dude. Just TOO far.

As to the other drivel, GM’s definitely did not have a “no interference” policy. I remember people being suspended fairly frequently for repeated training and griefing. EQ live nowadays is almost the complete opposite. Daybreak gives few fucks about hiring GM’s or policing in-game, and as a rule, maintain that the majority of problems in-game be solved by players.

Would be interesting to see a situation like “The Purge” in EQ, for one day out of the year. Flag all players on Green as PvP, GM’s take the day off, and let chaos reign on the bloodied fields of Norrath.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Yes, please, but make it a week because the fatties will just not play for a day.

I want the trains to come in waves. I want puny elven blood to fill my cup.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycohunden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, non-green player here! Was reading a little about the pains of the regular player on your new server and I couldn't help but to think how gay it all seemed, petty, cheap people treating this game as real life. i.e. reporting to authorities, not letting more group members in to maximize exp and generally not being good Christians.

I played on classic launch and we had such a great way to deal with this pathetic nerd attitude, we trained people or called out neighbourhood wizard to KS named mobs for hilarious results.
Back then GMs had a strict no interference attitude. I know this would cause extreme havoc with the extreme rise of sociopathic behavior due to silly child rearing techniques, but now the sociopaths have simply infiltrated the other end of the stick, playing the victim.

So to reach a equilibrium, allow, once or twice a month vengeance to be served, get your monks and wizards ready and do what ever you want! Cause the pain you feel to these greedy fat cats!
IRL we can run them over with our car or poison their dogs, but here we are bound by the legislation of autism!

You should get your accounts suspended, not just for the RL threats, but because you are an utter and complete imbecile.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

OP is an idiot and GMs did not have a no interference attitude, they were far stricter than the staff here if anything.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was with you until you said “poison their dogs.” Not cool, dude. Just TOO far.

As to the other drivel, GM’s definitely did not have a “no interference” policy. I remember people being suspended fairly frequently for repeated training and griefing. EQ live nowadays is almost the complete opposite. Daybreak gives few fucks about hiring GM’s or policing in-game, and as a rule, maintain that the majority of problems in-game be solved by players.

Would be interesting to see a situation like “The Purge” in EQ, for one day out of the year. Flag all players on Green as PvP, GM’s take the day off, and let chaos reign on the bloodied fields of Norrath.
Yea not cool about the dogs. I’d kill somebody and face prison time if they ever fucked with my dogs. Kill the human because they’re the problem, not the dog!
(Just joking I don’t condone killing humans, unless they fuck with my dogs)
Old 02-24-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycohunden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"back then" meaning the first few months after launch when the rules didn't exist because no one knew they would be needed since MMOs hadn't been a thing before. Once we realized assholes like you exist, we quickly put rules in place and there absolutely was not a "no interference" attitude. I personally banned countless people back in the day for the stuff you're talking about.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:45 PM
Kobold

AHAHAHA weirdos...
I just took dog poisoning as a less dramatic example than actual assault, should've said key someones car... Jeez, you NEETs and your dogs... PLEASE don't wanna know what goes on with that one! Just get kids if you wanna care for something... Oh wait
Old 02-24-2020, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should get your accounts suspended, not just for the RL threats, but because you are an utter and complete imbecile.
This here, this "guy", that's the reason why you need a grief week, ask him to join his group, he's a cheap MF with a shitty childhood and goes: NO! I WILL NOT HAVE ANOTHER PERSON IN THIS GROUP BECAUSE I DESERVE MOAR EXP! *burp*

You say: Oh that's fine and then train his camp and take it over on your alt and then let him into that group because you're not a moron like him.

I'll see if I find the quote on why good people don't need rules because they act well either way and wicked people always find away to exploit the rules to do their evil.
Fuck it, I'll just paraphrase it!

Ya'll are sick loser and probably all boomers. SHAME!

Also:
Of course I don't threaten anyone, I'm simply making and observation and using examples.
There!
Old 02-24-2020, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Very unexpected 'okay, boomer.'
Closed Thread