Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green and Teal Community > Green and Teal Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-08-2020, 01:38 PM
DMN DMN is offline
Banned


Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 2,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well kor pops are engaged before they self buff, and yes if I go down to the camp and itís fully spawned with Kor wizards(highly unlikely), I would walk away.
I don't see how you can consistently kill them even if there aren't multiple up at the same time. Even if you do get them before they buff their MR, it's still gonna be a 20% o so resist rate. And you are sometimes going to be rooted via the spell or ghoul root.

This whole adventure seems like an exercise in wishful thinking.
  #42  
Old 03-08-2020, 01:40 PM
magnetaress magnetaress is offline
Planar Protector

magnetaress's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Inside of you.
Posts: 1,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see how you can consistently kill them even if there aren't multiple up at the same time. Even if you do get them before they buff their MR, it's still gonna be a 20% o so resist rate. And you are sometimes going to be rooted via the spell or ghoul root.

This whole adventure seems like an exercise in wishful thinking.
Everyone is remembering how to do this stuff with kunark BIS at 60.
  #43  
Old 03-08-2020, 03:45 PM
DMN DMN is offline
Banned


Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 2,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard can definitely pull off AM but requires 200+ Int, something to reset cooldown, good luck on root breaks, peridots for skin, and ideally wort pots for those times you need to heal not to die. It might be more than an Enchanter or Necro need, but feels way cooler.
I highly doubt it at level 50. Now, you could always claim that you get super lucky with the RNG and AM just spammed dispel on you or you simply resist all the spells. But that is just dumb. Might as well say a warrior can solo it too and the AM will miss all his attacks/spells.

You might be able to get AM reasonably low on life if you get a little lucky on roots and popping in and out from LOS to land a stun-> nuke, repeat when stun recharges. But I'm guessing you are gonna run out of mana like that unless you got super lucky with stuns landing/roots holding. Even then you might not have enough mana for it with 200 int, since you will still get a decent few full and partial resists on nukes.
  #44  
Old 03-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Bigsham Bigsham is offline
Banned


Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: World 1-1
Posts: 1,084
Default

No one is doing this at 50 period
  #45  
Old 03-10-2020, 11:12 AM
DisbeAsos DisbeAsos is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 91
Default

Lol, you guys are too funny. I know several people doing this at 50, Nec, Mag, Ench and Shammy do it easily. And ill get a video of me doing it as a Wiz at 50 here soon to and post it for you. My disclaimer remains, I need the camp broken up.
  #46  
Old 03-10-2020, 11:23 AM
derpcake2 derpcake2 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get about 20% resist on kors with tash going. A bard is looking at 30% resists on fear, snare, mez.

Do explain how you deal with kor(S) -- that's plural, without RNGesus giving you a dirty sanchez before you curse out your first moonstone ring?

Edit: they also have a very fast casting stun. And a solo bard isn't going to have much in the way for magic resist. Their stuns land on me a bit less than half the time but i have something like 123 mr. I imagine they wlll be landing at least 75% of the time on a bard.
Let me help you with some bard basics.

Against a caster mob you'll be casting mez, and recasting it every time its 1 second into the cast, unless the mob starts casting, in which case you finish the mez, which means 2 seconds of free dps and an interrupted spell for the caster.

Using mez / melee on caster mobs is far easier then on melee mobs, because you can interrupt a ton of the spells being cast, and there is no real downside.

Of course on every successful mez you'll be moving towards the mobs back arc, for that extra bit of dps.

Keeping a resistant mob mezzed while healing up is trivial. A succesful mez will let you get off 4 mezzes and a heal song, the chances of a mob resisting 4 mezzes in a row are low, even if that happens you skip the heal song for a 5th try. 5 resists in a row in lguk is extremely unlikely to happen.

Have fun.
  #47  
Old 03-10-2020, 11:31 AM
derpcake2 derpcake2 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisbeAsos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need the camp broken up.
You can use social aggro to split the 3-spawn at frenzy.

You aggro a random mob, and bring it close to one of the outer spawns. The outer spawn will assist the random mob, but since the outer mob itself won't "call for help", the other 2 spawns won't assist.

Ideally you'd get the roamer low, recover while rooting, then do the split and finish the roamer so you can work on the PH.

You'd need clarity and good buffs, but it certainly isn't impossible.

This is also how fungi king gets singled with a full throne, without relying on pacify or FD.

This also works on live to split "linked" mobs, you just peel one of the linked mobs from its group through social aggro, then run it far enough away from the other linked mobs, which causes the mechanic to stop working.
  #48  
Old 03-10-2020, 11:43 AM
DMN DMN is offline
Banned


Join Date: May 2016
Location: My own special hell
Posts: 2,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me help you with some bard basics.

Against a caster mob you'll be casting mez, and recasting it every time its 1 second into the cast, unless the mob starts casting, in which case you finish the mez, which means 2 seconds of free dps and an interrupted spell for the caster.

Using mez / melee on caster mobs is far easier then on melee mobs, because you can interrupt a ton of the spells being cast, and there is no real downside.

Of course on every successful mez you'll be moving towards the mobs back arc, for that extra bit of dps.

Keeping a resistant mob mezzed while healing up is trivial. A succesful mez will let you get off 4 mezzes and a heal song, the chances of a mob resisting 4 mezzes in a row are low, even if that happens you skip the heal song for a 5th try. 5 resists in a row in lguk is extremely unlikely to happen.

Have fun.
keeping something mez'd and healing up is a nice way to waste a lot of time but it's not an effective strat for KILLING the kor. I might also add that this stalling strategy could also end up being quite a bad idea because of how slow aggro ticks often are. If you've damaged the kor any amount you will occasionally be healing the kor back for 6% of its total life because it will get memory wiped within a second of a tick as you will be spamming mez. Functionally the kor is going o be outhealing the bard.

And unlike the bard, the kor can get off a stun before a mez could land. in the span of that stun and by the time yo have the chance to land anything on the kor you could have easily eaten over 1k damage.
  #49  
Old 03-10-2020, 11:52 AM
derpcake2 derpcake2 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
keeping something mez'd and healing up is a nice way to waste a lot of time but it's not an effective strat for KILLING the kor. I might also add that this stalling strategy could also end up being quite a bad idea because of how slow aggro ticks often are. If you've damaged the kor any amount you will occasionally be healing the kor back for 6% of its total life because it will get memory wiped within a second of a tick as you will be spamming mez. Functionally the kor is going o be outhealing the bard.

And unlike the bard, the kor can get off a stun before a mez could land. in the span of that stun and by the time yo have the chance to land anything on the kor you could have easily eaten over 1k damage.
You've obviously never done this.

The Kor won't be healing, since even if you memblur it, and the next song in your cycle is healing song, you can land your next mez in 6 seconds (slightly less actually, since you can stop casting a song when the bar is 95%ish, depending on latency, for me its more).

This gives scenario:
3rd second: mez lands and memblurs
6th second: heal song finishes
9th second: mez lands and stops the memblur

This is the worst scenario, since once you want to heal you'll be twisting heal, followed by 4 casts of mez.

And no, the Kors won't be getting off stuns. Feel free to link the disruptive wizard spell they can cast with a 2 second or lower cast time.
  #50  
Old 03-10-2020, 12:03 PM
derpcake2 derpcake2 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
keeping something mez'd and healing up is a nice way to waste a lot of time but it's not an effective strat for KILLING the kor. I might also add that this stalling strategy could also end up being quite a bad idea because of how slow aggro ticks often are. If you've damaged the kor any amount you will occasionally be healing the kor back for 6% of its total life because it will get memory wiped within a second of a tick as you will be spamming mez. Functionally the kor is going o be outhealing the bard.

And unlike the bard, the kor can get off a stun before a mez could land. in the span of that stun and by the time yo have the chance to land anything on the kor you could have easily eaten over 1k damage.
The kor functionally outhealing the bard simply isn't correct.

Hymn with a lute of the gypsy princes gives 23.1 hp / tick regen, or 138 hp / minute. Guesstimating that comes to about 8% / minute for a 1500 hp bard.

The situation you are describing is never going to happen often enough to make the bard lose the healing contest, not even close.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.