Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 01:19 AM
Sarnak

I mean. He’s not wrong. Elf lawyering around or not, the drama that mob causes is ridiculous.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Going back to Loramin’s point, I do think charming Osargen to dps on goblins is an established normal zone experience on p1999, so trying to deprive someone of their Orsargen would actually be the one causing disruption.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going back to Loramin’s point, I do think charming Osargen to dps on goblins is an established normal zone experience on p1999, so trying to deprive someone of their Orsargen would actually be the one causing disruption.
I doubt the staff would take that stance.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:37 AM
Banned

everquest
Old 05-27-2020, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everquest
hell yea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 05-27-2020, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

I hope staff bans anyone that wastes their time with this kind of shit.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

If the pet you are charming is from a different camp than the one you are currently killing id assume you would have to pick one or the other. If its from the same camp i dont see an issue.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt the staff would take that stance.
Me neither, p1999 is generally a 'spirit of the rules' place, not 'rules as written'.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

I've seen Rogean himself step into Karnor's Castle and force an enchanter to drop a charmed pet. However, the mob was a Named spawn that can randomly spawn at many places. Since Osargen isn't a rare mob, nor has a loot table, I don't think this would be much of an issue.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me neither, p1999 is generally a 'spirit of the rules' place, not 'rules as written'.
Heh ... and they also write down as few rules as they possibly can in the first place: the word "charm" literally doesn't appear anywhere in the Play Nice Policies.

On the one hand, I totally get that the staff does that on purpose, and I don't want to have to read a "big book of elf law" to play either. But at the same time, if you make it harder for players to know the rules, by definition it makes them harder to follow.

When I think back on all the times I had issues with other players (whether or not a /petition was involved), the vast majority were not from someone genuinely trying to break the rules: they were players who misunderstood and thought they were in the right. Based on that, I think this place swings too far toward not writing rules down.

If they did more to iterate on the rules ... for instance, by adding a sentence or two on "how to charm while being respectful of other players" ... I really don't think it would create the "big book of elf law" problem, but it would reduce conflicts between players caused by no one knowing what's expected.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-27-2020 at 01:26 PM..
Closed Thread