Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Can we race and use cancel magic stick from vp since goes through wall?
Old 09-17-2020, 06:34 PM
Kobold

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people don't know you can be banned from individual servers.
Consider Red
Theres too many people on red lately
Old 09-17-2020, 07:10 PM
Banned

Can't even believe the retardation on the beta server

This is real
Old 09-18-2020, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Again, I only read nirgons last, guildwars not allowed. Also, red not allowed, only yt? Don't get me wrong I'm not worthy, ok sorry imma go make a list.

Ok I made a list, didn't read so it doesn't mean anything.

Please don't take this as a bash against th staff I'm a supporter of all angles.

*SiP*
Old 09-18-2020, 04:07 AM
Banned

Jesus, just pull the reigns off and let them train each other into oblivion for raid loot, who the fuck cares and it might make things actually interesting.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:38 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Serious question, though, @Gallach. If the goal is to both allow people who are socking Dain for Ring 9 to have a chance for turn-in AND to make sure that the Dain FTE race is as fair as possible — what is the major objection to having a 3 or 5 minute lockout on spawn before racing from the normal raceline in Icewell? I'm just not understanding this one.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious question, though, @Gallach. If the goal is to both allow people who are socking Dain for Ring 9 to have a chance for turn-in AND to make sure that the Dain FTE race is as fair as possible — what is the major objection to having a 3 or 5 minute lockout on spawn before racing from the normal raceline in Icewell? I'm just not understanding this one.
This does seem like the most straightforward way of doing things. To be honest, I'd be in favor of a longer lockout, even if only occasionally, to reduce the need to be socking the entire Dain window for people trying to turn in, but 5-10 minutes would be a reasonable amount of time for someone logged out in the throne room to get in game and turn in, if they're free to do so.

Only obvious drawback I see would be the same as the drawback with the delayed race starts in Kael - this would relieve guilds competing for Dain of the need to actively sock him. You could be socking VP or TOV and the delayed start would allow everyone and their brother to be on the race line before the race starts. Not having to actively prioritize the spawn just means more stuff will be socked even harder. Should be some thought given to counterbalancing this, in some way.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This does seem like the most straightforward way of doing things. To be honest, I'd be in favor of a longer lockout, even if only occasionally, to reduce the need to be socking the entire Dain window for people trying to turn in, but 5-10 minutes would be a reasonable amount of time for someone logged out in the throne room to get in game and turn in, if they're free to do so.

Only obvious drawback I see would be the same as the drawback with the delayed race starts in Kael - this would relieve guilds competing for Dain of the need to actively sock him. You could be socking VP or TOV and the delayed start would allow everyone and their brother to be on the race line before the race starts. Not having to actively prioritize the spawn just means more stuff will be socked even harder. Should be some thought given to counterbalancing this, in some way.
Ya, there are definite better systems that could be employed, to achieve the same net end result. All without modifying any coding. And if they want to modify coding, make a Dain ghost that spawns when he does, doesnt move, and dies when he does. And people can turn into the ghost, or something.
Closed Thread