Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 06:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was pretty disappointed when I first joined AM to be honest. I was promised Detoxx Rants™ I've yet to experience one, and it's been a few years now.
we got a good one after we wiped to pd last week

wish i could remember some of the choice quotes
Old 09-18-2020, 03:54 AM
Banned

This shit is hilarious, you have guide mandated hand holding sessions for dragons.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:15 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways this thread was about the perils of 'executive decision' recruitment, not about whether guild X or Y or person Z is toxic. Any time AM or Riot go down that path it never ends well. But it's part of being a top guild, feeling you can be exclusive until it bites you.
Look guys, I'm not going to be overbearing on this one, but I'm probably going to make an executive decision and, knowing the rarity and availability of me being here and us actually getting this mob, this one's going to be a grats Bladefrenzy.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lemme help ya out:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also! Real important point to mention! The p99 beta ended and they opened the green server.
Green Lifetime
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023).

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...16&postcount=1 sounds like you didnt read that the beta server will merge into the blue server

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 09-19-2020, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Detoxx was great to play with, gave folks chance that normally wouldnt. Talking shit is fun but guy was always good to his folks.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 09-19-2020, 02:25 AM
Banned

First off, I don't hate on anyone on the server and I firmly believe people do change over time.

With that being said, there is really only one reason that is relevant in the raid scene on why Riot will always be better than the opposition, and that reason is Leadership styles.

To this day, 'Deny Everything and Concede Nothing' is the attitude that Detoxx and Freedom Leadership constantly present while continuing to kill a mob in dispute. When guild officers want to discuss a violation of the raid rules, when has Freedom ever said "Okay we'll hold on a second to address your concerns"? They don't. There's a couple of reasons for this, I believe, and the foremost reason being the 'kill 1 and concede 2' rule is beneficial and an acceptable loss ratio for them at this point in their Guild stage while teaming up with AG. The other reasons are subsequent to this rationale.

Riot leadership, on the other hand, continuously tries to play by the rules implemented by the GM's. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Arcler or other officers say "we're dropping this and conceding" if there is even a hint of impropriety. They do this voluntarily and immediately, such as when we had 5 racers for the first Kael FTE race rule change. Their vision is that it is not worth a raid ban and there's always next week.

Sure we all fuck up from time to time, but one side admits it and moves on while the other won't even participate at the table for negotiations, it's always "FRAPS or it didn't happen." This mentality is the problem.

That's all it really boils down too. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about something that you love to do, and I don't believe that Detoxx is the Devil. But the devil is in the details and it's just so much more enjoyable, for me, to raid with people that I know are trying to do the right thing.

I've learned in my life that doing the right thing is just far easier than trying to do the wrong thing and I want to be with people of like minds, fucking ARMY indoctrination at its finest. /shrug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd like to see more communication from both sides working together to better this server without being so selfish, but that's just me. I think we can have a competitive raid scene on blue while still following this ideology and make it more enjoyable for all raiders.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, I don't hate on anyone on the server and I firmly believe people do change over time.

With that being said, there is really only one reason that is relevant in the raid scene on why Riot will always be better than the opposition, and that reason is Leadership styles.

To this day, 'Deny Everything and Concede Nothing' is the attitude that Detoxx and Freedom Leadership constantly present while continuing to kill a mob in dispute. When guild officers want to discuss a violation of the raid rules, when has Freedom ever said "Okay we'll hold on a second to address your concerns"? They don't. There's a couple of reasons for this, I believe, and the foremost reason being the 'kill 1 and concede 2' rule is beneficial and an acceptable loss ratio for them at this point in their Guild stage while teaming up with AG. The other reasons are subsequent to this rationale.

Riot leadership, on the other hand, continuously tries to play by the rules implemented by the GM's. I can't tell you how many times I've heard Arcler or other officers say "we're dropping this and conceding" if there is even a hint of impropriety. They do this voluntarily and immediately, such as when we had 5 racers for the first Kael FTE race rule change. Their vision is that it is not worth a raid ban and there's always next week.

Sure we all fuck up from time to time, but one side admits it and moves on while the other won't even participate at the table for negotiations, it's always "FRAPS or it didn't happen." This mentality is the problem.

That's all it really boils down too. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about something that you love to do, and I don't believe that Detoxx is the Devil. But the devil is in the details and it's just so much more enjoyable, for me, to raid with people that I know are trying to do the right thing.

I've learned in my life that doing the right thing is just far easier than trying to do the wrong thing and I want to be with people of like minds, fucking ARMY indoctrination at its finest. /shrug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd like to see more communication from both sides working together to better this server without being so selfish, but that's just me. I think we can have a competitive raid scene on blue while still following this ideology and make it more enjoyable for all raiders.
DAMN that koolaid must taste good! If you actually believe everything you wrote here, You are either very very misinformed, naive or both. Enjoy being a sheep.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sums it up very well.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

This pretty spot on, except you got the guild names reversed.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Please post statistics on how many mobs each entity has conceded since the emergence of AG/Freedom, thanks.
Closed Thread