Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 02:05 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except when they are. Here are Imortaal and Mylk from Castle doing exactly that

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s43wHVqfwsw
Thank you for bringing this to light. We, in the Mayne Council, take these types of accusations very seriously. I want you to know that we spent many hours reviewing the evidence against these two. And we have come to the conclusion that you are a complete and total moron. Thank you for your time.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fail to understand why you guys jump at once to the conclusion that someone's boxing. May be they just did not want to deal with / ignore someone breaking their balls at their camp? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would assume we're talking 2 separate players and 2 different chars. Very easy for admins to check if that's the case or not

You'd need to ask and get an IP exception or run EQ on 2 separate computers and running one with a vpn to get a different IP to do so

I'm not defending anyone, but where are the evidences that those guys are not just minding their business and playing the way they want?
I'm not necessarily saying they are definitely boxing. It could be two people and the Mage is just letting the other guy leach EXP. However, I would echo the dude with the video as well as other commenters who have mentioned these guys on the forums in the past that they have absolutely been AFK EXPing with a pet which is against the rules on this server.

Unfortunately I don't have Frapps (I guess I should get it?) otherwise I would be able to provide videos of the shady situations I've seen these two in as well.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:11 PM
Banned

Good use of unemployment
Old 08-24-2020, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would assume we're talking 2 separate players and 2 different chars. Very easy for admins to check if that's the case or not

You'd need to ask and get an IP exception or run EQ on 2 separate computers and running one with a vpn to get a different IP to do so

I'm not defending anyone, but where are the evidences that those guys are not just minding their business and playing the way they want?
It's impossible for GM's to determine if someone is boxing or if one player has gone AFK for a long period of time. In neither case will they be able to pass a two box test so should they both be banned? My opinion is yes they should, if you have to AFK for so long then log out instead of leeching exp.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's impossible for GM's to determine if someone is boxing or if one player has gone AFK for a long period of time. In neither case will they be able to pass a two box test so should they both be banned? My opinion is yes they should, if you have to AFK for so long then log out instead of leeching exp.
And I believe that's what the rules are. If a staff member showed up I think they give you a certain amount of time for the AFK person to return to do the box test. If they don't return within that time frame it's presumed to be boxing and the hammer comes down.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must not have played a mage recently then because with all due respect your memory is very wrong about a level 39 pet being able to take a level 30 mob without any help. I assume the Mage here was using a focus item to boost the pet, so that pet could definitely handle a level 30 mob, and then be regened up enough to handle the next level 30 mob 3 minutes and 20 seconds later (assuming the two 6:40 mobs were split equally). It's absolutely possible and I've done it on my mage on Blue. Idk if you'd be able to do that with Kunark or Velious mobs, but two level 30 classic old world mobs with their low HP pools? Very easy to do
I don't doubt a mag pet can handle a blue one that is not too close to it' s level. I was expressing some serious doubts about a lvl 39 mag pet dealing with 2 blue con NK guards at the same time with it's master being 100% afk and doing squat to help (no heal, no nuke to burn 1 mob faster, no nothing)

Please, don't let other players on blue know that mages and their pets are OP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2020, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't doubt a mag pet can handle a blue one that is not too close to it' s level. I was expressing some serious doubts about a lvl 39 mag pet dealing with 2 blue con NK guards at the same time with it's master being 100% afk and doing squat to help (no heal, no nuke to burn 1 mob faster, no nothing)

Please, don't let other players on blue know that mages and their pets are OP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah gotcha. From the video the dude posted it looks like the pet was only fighting one at a time (which was why I presumed they split the camp for that purpose, to give the pet time to regen between spawns)
Old 08-24-2020, 04:04 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I believe that's what the rules are. If a staff member showed up I think they give you a certain amount of time for the AFK person to return to do the box test. If they don't return within that time frame it's presumed to be boxing and the hammer comes down.
So, you think people should be banned for going AFK in a group? Odd take.
Old 08-24-2020, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Well I guess we don't see exp leeching the same way.

No offense meant, but if I decide to share with a friend of mine half the xp my pet and I earn and he/she goes afk and I'm OK with it, this is nobody's business but ours.

If I decide to PL someone and only move once every 6 minute 30 to cast my 33pt DS on them and do nothing the rest of the time will someone accuse me of cheating?

The fact that I may or may not have a pet is irrevelant as long as one of us is actively playing while the other is having a shower, a dump, a nap, answering a long phone call or whatever and both players agree with that, nobody's cheating or denying anyone pixels.

OP may be mad because that guard who's supposed to be phat exp at his level was camped, but that's different from stating from a 30 sec video showing a fire pet fighting a guard that they're cheating.

PS I was in BW looking for Gylton a few days ago with a max level focused 53 air pet (so a lvl 46 mob), and I can confirm that the blessed days of mages' pet owning blue con mobs are already. over in Kunark:
Fluffy was doing great VS a Sarnak but it died very fast when another one joined the party and I had to run to SF zone line..
Will try again with a 57 earth pet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2020, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
No offense meant, but if I decide to share with a friend of mine half the xp my pet and I earn and he/she goes afk and I'm OK with it, this is nobody's business but ours.

If I decide to PL someone and only move once every 6 minute 30 to cast my 33pt DS on them and do nothing the rest of the time will someone accuse me of cheating?

The fact that I may or may not have a pet is irrevelant as long as one of us is actively playing while the other is having a shower, a dump, a nap, answering a long phone call or whatever and both players agree with that, nobody's cheating or denying anyone pixels.
The problem is not that you are letting your friend freeride off of you, it's that it is completely indistinguishable from boxing with a VPN. One of these things is a bannable offense. If the powers that be plan on enforcing a boxing policy, they can't allow things that look like something a boxer would do (have one character be AFK for prolonged periods of time while the other is actually fighting).

AFAIK, they've been pretty clear about actually needing to be at your computer if you plan on getting anything out of this game (XP, Items, Faction, etc.).
Closed Thread