Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You probably like luclin models too right
luclin models are great. at least the elves look like elves, not walking polygons with swords.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it wouldn't have.
Care to explain why? Seems like 100% rose colored glasses talk to me. If EQ launched with con color on target window and a compass and light blue cons would that have instantly made it a bad game? I think you're being dumb. Those things aren't what made EQ great. Prove me wrong?
Last edited by jcr4990; 06-27-2014 at 12:33 AM..
Old 06-27-2014, 12:31 AM
Banned

Wrong, the elves look like humans barbarians and half elves. All a bunch of high waisteddouche bags with different faces.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Care to explain why? Seems like 100% rose colored glasses talk to me. If EQ launched with con color on target window and a compass would that have instantly made it a bad game? I think you're being dumb. Prove me wrong?
You can't possibly argue that something would have been the same if it were different. Don't be stupid
Old 06-27-2014, 12:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong, the elves look like humans barbarians and half elves. All a bunch of high waisteddouche bags with different faces.
Nope, humans look like humans, elves look elvish and half elves look like the garbage they are :P
Old 06-27-2014, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
You can't possibly argue that something would have been the same if it were different. Don't be stupid
I can't argue that EQ would have still been an amazing game had a couple relatively meaningless features been changed? I'm pretty sure I can and I'm pretty sure I did. How is that a flawed argument?

Question for you super smart "classic" lovers. Would EQ have been a better game if there was no health bar on the target window and you had to hit X every time you wanted to see what % of health your target had left in the chat box? How about Z to see your own health % and get rid of the player health bar? Sounds classic as fuck to me. Sure would've made the game a lot "harder" thus "better" right guys? Devs plz implement.
Last edited by jcr4990; 06-27-2014 at 12:43 AM..
Old 06-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Thread continues to deliver.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thread continues to deliver.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't argue that EQ would have still been an amazing game had a couple relatively meaningless features been changed? I'm pretty sure I can and I'm pretty sure I did. How is that a flawed argument?

Question for you super smart "classic" lovers. Would EQ have been a better game if there was no health bar on the target window and you had to hit X every time you wanted to see what % of health your target had left in the chat box? How about Z to see your own health % and get rid of the player health bar? Sounds classic as fuck to me. Sure would've made the game a lot "harder" thus "better" right guys? Devs plz implement.
Hitting x for health is a lot different. The con system is supposed to simulate you looking at something and estimating its power. Much like you don't walk into a room and instantly know everyones ages, but if you consider them for a bit you can estimate, the con system was supposed to assist you with an enemies power.

It wasn't supposed to be all WoW style flashy bright instant knowledge. I think the reason a lot of people play P1999 is because we reject the wowification of games.

Its fucking boring.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Much like you don't walk into a room and instantly know everyones ages, but if you consider them for a bit you can estimate, the con system was supposed to assist you with an enemies power.
If were gona talk serious folks, this man gets it.
Closed Thread