Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 04:27 PM
Banned

no compromise or turns ever happens otherwise ppl couldnt 'own' a spawn
Old 05-22-2021, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are right, "The rules have not changed." ... and we know exactly what they were like back in classic, because we have the Kunark era GM Guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_...ice_Guidelines [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a war zone out there, like you didn't just go to the Sarnak Fort and kill some Sarnaks, lmao. You actually actively had to fight other groups for your mobs. I remember getting a Wurmslayer when Kunark first came out and I was basically a God, if people steal my mobs, I will like just show up and start KS'ing their entire group without ever dreaming about a GM showing up and banning me.

If you actually played EverQuest under this notion that someone is going to get in trouble for KS'ing you, and that you should just fill out a petition and wait for a response then people would walk all over you.

And it would usually be 3-4 hours before a GM would even look at a ticket, and by that point, the issue had usually resolved on it's own.

I was a Guide and my job was basically just to tell these people to fuck off, and then find real issues to forward to a GM.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:32 PM
Banned

ya it took like 90 mins for the gms to show up then u ended up sometimes taking turns, most of the time the guy who couldnt ks just left and often wasn't awarded the first turn, by then everyone was done and had to work in the morning

ppl here at fbss camp for a month straight is total bullshit because they would have been dps'd and trained off the server on live and refused andy guild invites
Old 05-22-2021, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya it took like 90 mins for the gms to show up then u ended up sometimes taking turns, most of the time the guy who couldnt ks just left and often wasn't awarded the first turn, by then everyone was done and had to work in the morning

ppl here at fbss camp for a month straight is total bullshit because they would have been dps'd and trained off the server on live and refused andy guild invites
One thing I remember about GMs on EverQuest is ... they didn't know the community like they do here. You could talk to the same GM a dozen times and they still wouldn't remember ever talking to you.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I remember about GMs on EverQuest is ... they didn't know the community like they do here. You could talk to the same GM a dozen times and they still wouldn't remember ever talking to you.
yep and they were paid not to give a fuck and fired from a kush job if they did show bias in any way.

1999% of people here would have been griefed off the box b4 sleeper even spawned

so lol wtf at ppl saying they are cool cuz they got sleeper loots
Old 05-22-2021, 05:46 PM
Aviak

Sorry you don't have Sleeper loots
Old 05-22-2021, 06:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR Joe is pretending to be a military special ops guy again. He was already proven to be lying about this by real military members when he tried it last year. I’d just ignore anything he says about it
Ah okay this makes sense now, after catching up through the thread. Joe I've deployed to two combat zones I can help you nail down your story. Hope this helps.

Old 05-22-2021, 06:22 PM
Banned

Pretty sure he was actually deployed tho
Old 05-22-2021, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure he was actually deployed tho
If joe was actually deployed he was nothing more then a Fobbit. Anyone who actually served knows his type and what I’m talking about.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a war zone out there, like you didn't just go to the Sarnak Fort and kill some Sarnaks, lmao. You actually actively had to fight other groups for your mobs. I remember getting a Wurmslayer when Kunark first came out and I was basically a God, if people steal my mobs, I will like just show up and start KS'ing their entire group without ever dreaming about a GM showing up and banning me.

If you actually played EverQuest under this notion that someone is going to get in trouble for KS'ing you, and that you should just fill out a petition and wait for a response then people would walk all over you.

And it would usually be 3-4 hours before a GM would even look at a ticket, and by that point, the issue had usually resolved on it's own.

I was a Guide and my job was basically just to tell these people to fuck off, and then find real issues to forward to a GM.
Yo, if u were the guide that helped me reciver corpse from a pickup naggy back in like 1999, thanks bro... Er, recondobro
Closed Thread