Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-26-2021, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

Nah, un nerfing guards and merchants isn't a small thing (which is something covered by the wide charm immunity of iksar). Both these types of mob have a wide environmental role for all players.

This isn't about game balance though - this is more like experimental archaeology. Trying to recreate how things were done in the past. You don't go to an iron age village and tell them to use steel and concrete instead of wattle and daub.
Old 11-26-2021, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to recreate how things were done in the past. You don't go to an iron age village and tell them to use steel and concrete instead of wattle and daub.
A bit of a tangent, but I'd never even heard of experimental archaeology (a great term for this) until I saw https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secrets_of_the_Castle. If you ever want to see modern day archeologists (literally) building a castle to figure out how people did so back in the day, I highly recommend it (and it's free on Prime).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Why would Iksar not being able to be charmed even considered a feature? Is it Lore based or some time of balance they were hard coding?
Old 02-04-2022, 08:42 PM
Orc

I ran around on Live's Test server this week trying to charm some Iksars on a 60 ENC.
Ssolet Dnaas, Shezlie Furscale, Zazlan Furscale, Sarth Scarscale, Sirtha Scarscale were all easily charmed with Allure.
Himart Kichith outright resisted every Allure and mez attempt. Dictate lasted for its full duration.