Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-01-2022, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

The only truly game changing weapon is cracked staff. The rest is just vanity.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to agree, it is an incredible combo.

Devil's Advocate: rangers have access to a fairly easy to acquire slow before the epic, and there are other decent worn haste items. From that perspective, do the epics really give that much extra in terms of solobility?
I recently got my earthcaller after waiting for 3 years. Almost got my sky cloak the same week which would have been insane, but sadly missed the raid by 15 minutes.

It’s pretty nice. No doubt makes life easier soloing when it procs. I wouldn’t necessarily call it game changing though. A swarmcaller/woodsman’s staff can still do pretty well.

Personally I’d prioritize the haste cloak over the earthcaller. And If you can manage to get a good 2h like the tov one then I’d just ditch my epics.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently got my earthcaller after waiting for 3 years. Almost got my sky cloak the same week which would have been insane, but sadly missed the raid by 15 minutes.

It’s pretty nice. No doubt makes life easier soloing when it procs. I wouldn’t necessarily call it game changing though. A swarmcaller/woodsman’s staff can still do pretty well.

Personally I’d prioritize the haste cloak over the earthcaller. And If you can manage to get a good 2h like the tov one then I’d just ditch my epics.
Whoa, earthcaller is that hard to get? 3 years? Hearing that makes me so glad i ditched my ranger as soon as i hit 50 and realized i was never gonna get either the sky cloak or the earthcaller, as a casual player
Old 10-02-2022, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

its hard because once the Shattered Emerald of Corruption (and other epic pieces) move to mini drops and Inny loot table changes to mostly suck, most raid guilds don't spend that much effort doing PoHate. and like 1/2 the server has some ranger alt and wants one.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjonesp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its hard because once the Shattered Emerald of Corruption (and other epic pieces) move to mini drops and Inny loot table changes to mostly suck, most raid guilds don't spend that much effort doing PoHate. and like 1/2 the server has some ranger alt and wants one.
I don’t think things are as bad as they used to be. Previously there was an attitude against helping Ranger’s get their Innoruuk heart / epic - rangers were considered aggro stealing bad dps raid wipers. A waste of a character slot which could have been a war/rog/cler.

These days, with speedy engages and tank swaps rangers are held in higher esteem as highly effective and important bumps to let chains stabilise on tanks.

The result of this means guilds are more likely to go after non-magi minis in hate, and clear any mini PHers up when doing a hate run. The decrease in ranger antipathy means far more SEOC (so Earthcallers) are likely to be created.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

If by game changing, we mean that it significantly alters the game play of the class, then I would say the top three are Cleric, Bard, Wizard in that order.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I think the druid epic is underestimated by many because it lacks raid utility. It changes what you can accomplish and the solo encounters you can complete due to the efficiency of the mana free dot/snare.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only weapon u need is a trusty dwarven battle axe. Anything else is just for milk drinkers
Old 10-03-2022, 12:04 PM
Orc

Ranger epics look the coolest therefore are the best epics/most game changing. Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2022, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

The Bard epic is the only mechanically unique ability that fits the "game changer" argument.

Yes, Puretone exists, but it has a 4 minute duration and a 72 minute cooldown.

The Bard epic will give a singing modifier to these songs:

-Level 20 and 32 mana songs (currently bugged on p99)
-All of the Psalm lines, increasing both the resists and DS components
-Charisma song (helping with DI)
-Jonthan's line of self haste, improving the strength and attack components
-Niv's Harmonic - increasing the AC and the damage absorb components
-Largo's Assonant Binding - increasing the AGI and AC debuff component
-Verses of Victory - Improves the AGI, AC, Str components (everything but haste)
-Elegy - improves the INT/WIS buff, for skill ups
-Anti-Magic - improves the strength of the dispell

cheers,

Astuce