Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Aviak

Default Enchanter Efficiency

Hi all,

My Dark Elf Enchanter is now level 14 and I am just asking for advice on efficiency when soloing (unfortunately my play time is sparodic and so I grab time when I can which is making grouping difficult).

I've also got a Mage to about the same level and at the moment I feel like I am playing my Enchanter as a poor mans Mage.

I essentially us my small nuke to pull, let the pet get agro and go at it. While the fight is going on I'll tash and root the mob then reclaim pet when it gets low and finish the mob with a nuke. I've tried using my slow but at this level the mana cost and time it lasts feels a bit inefficient and my pet normally takes enough damage anyway to the point that it's quicker to reclaim it and cast a new one (it takes one dagger at this circle which is the only reason I'm doing it).

I can barely afford all my spells so Charming is like a tiny dot of light in a stygian abyss at the moment.

I've been thinking of heading to Faydwer and paying a visit to those saucy Sisters to farm some cash. Good idea? Or maybe wisps.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all,

My Dark Elf Enchanter is now level 14 and I am just asking for advice on efficiency when soloing (unfortunately my play time is sparodic and so I grab time when I can which is making grouping difficult).

I've also got a Mage to about the same level and at the moment I feel like I am playing my Enchanter as a poor mans Mage.
You are.

Quote:
I can barely afford all my spells so Charming is like a tiny dot of light in a stygian abyss at the moment.
Read my enchanter guide, then start charming. Problem solved. I <3 people who use phrases like stygian abyss.

Quote:
I've been thinking of heading to Faydwer and paying a visit to those saucy Sisters to farm some cash. Good idea? Or maybe wisps.
The sisters are great cash if you can find them uncamped; alternatively you can kill wisps.

I don't feel like I'm telling you anything you don't already know here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the response.

The problem with charming is this is essentially my first character so my charisma is currently whatever is base + what I put into it.

At this point, farming some plat might be in order. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Kobold

I camped the Sisters 3 Saturdays ago from 7AM to 8PM got a crap ton of cash and a lot of good XP.....had 36 people ask me about the camp. Good luck getting it uncamped!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Kobold

Depending on the mob you can charm at 12 with little CHA gear. I went from 12-16 at a rate of about an hour or two per level charm kiting minotaurs in Steamfont. They have extremely low MR and are all single pulls. Just tash and charm one, then tash and root the other. Make them fight, hide or invis to break charm, and use choke to finish them off. For some reason the xp is off the charts and they're never camped.

edit - the only CHA gear I had was a crude stein and a splitpaw necklace. The necklace you could pick up for free, and the stein is maybe 100pp or even free off someone killing Oggok guards. Frankly I don't think it would have made much difference anyway.
Closed Thread