Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-13-2020, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Default UI suddenly changed for some characters (not green server) + file location question

Logged on after not having done so for over a year and found all of my characters except one to suddenly have a different UI. These are Red/Blue characters, so it's not a Green server issue.

This is how my inventory UI is supposed to look, which just one character still has - https://imgur.com/a/QqnVlMU

This is how my inventory now looks for every other character - https://imgur.com/a/68lnaev

There are a few windows and such that are different for the other characters as well. What would cause this and how can I fix it?

Also, I have a question about where my EQ files are being stored. Previously it seems my screenshots and some other files were saved to a "User/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/Everquest p99" location. Now when I take a screenshot it's instead being saved directly in the Everquest folder (which I now have as its own folder on the drive rather than under Program Files). Should I be doing anything with those older files?
Old 08-13-2020, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

In the game type /loadskin default

see if that bring sup your old skin.

To change UI's, open your \EverQuest\uifiles folder.

In that folder should be a 2 or more folders, Velious being one of them, default being the other.

If you download other skins they will come in the form of a folder, and you can type /loadskin UIname and you will then load that UI

That should work fine on blue red idk.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

I did that and it sort of worked, but now the text on my hotkeys is black instead of white, making it harder to read (and there's no option in the "colors" tab to change it). I also got a message saying "Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use /loadskin Default 1 to load the Everquest default skin." Should I be worried about that? Why would this have changed in the first place, and especially for only certain characters of mine? Was there some kind of update to the client in 2019 or 2020?
Old 08-16-2020, 12:09 AM
Orc

The devs and a few members of the community made quite an effort before Green launched last Fall to make its UI resemble the Classic/Velious transparent UI. The black hot button text and XML errors were both introduced on the Default Titanium UI at that time. Fortunately, it's quite simple to fix both problems.

I've attached a zip file with two XML files. Copy EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml and EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml into \EverQuest\UIFiles\Default, replacing the existing two files. Then either relog or do the "/loadskin default" command Jibartik mentioned.

The backup folder has the two original xml files from the last P99 patch for comparison or if you need to revert for some reason.
Attached Files
File Type: zip P99 Titanium UI Fixes.zip (10.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-16-2020, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

<3