Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 12:23 PM
Banned

Default Enchanter and Druid walk into a bar

Scenario: Lev 50 Enchanter bumps into a Lev 50 Druid out in the wild. The enchanter instinctively casts C on the druid. The druid chooses to cast a spell back. Which does the druid choose?

1. Sow
2. Chloro
3. Skin like Nature

I personally get sow most often, regen somtimes, and SLN the least. I prefer SLN the best. Is C for SLN a good trade for this archetypal Druid or is the enchanter expecting too much?
Old 10-14-2020, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scenario: Lev 50 Enchanter bumps into a Lev 50 Druid out in the wild. The enchanter instinctively casts C on the druid. The druid chooses to cast a spell back. Which does the druid choose?

1. Sow
2. Chloro
3. Skin like Nature

I personally get sow most often, regen somtimes, and SLN the least. I prefer SLN the best. Is C for SLN a good trade for this archetypal Druid or is the enchanter expecting too much?
My vote is to sow!
Old 10-14-2020, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

skin like nature is a big mana spell, thats very friendly of a buff, c is like waving almost
Old 10-14-2020, 03:40 PM
Banned

all 3
As it is the duty of all druid to protect all
Old 10-14-2020, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

SLN is 300 fucking mana to the 75 you're spending on C, even with the extra regen you are eating into this dude's time and there's no assurance he even kept it loaded like both of you have with C and SoW. Chloro is more niche and short duration and also 200 mana. I can see tossing regen on a working necro if its loaded, but that's irrelevant since necros don't have any buff of similar value to clarity that they would do drive-by's with.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

4. Flame Lick!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 10-14-2020, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all 3
As it is the duty of all druid to protect all
Good on ya. Sounds like you should have C on all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SLN is 300 fucking mana to the 75 you're spending on C, even with the extra regen you are eating into this dude's time and there's no assurance he even kept it loaded like both of you have with C and SoW. Chloro is more niche and short duration and also 200 mana. I can see tossing regen on a working necro if its loaded, but that's irrelevant since necros don't have any buff of similar value to clarity that they would do drive-by's with.
Would you trade a 300 mana cast spell for 1620 mana over 27 min?
Old 10-14-2020, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Depends on if you expect a clarity in the future. =)
Old 10-14-2020, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you trade a 300 mana cast spell for 1620 mana over 27 min?
No because it means some entitled prick enchanter like you thinks I now owe him something. You rolled the class knowing full well that everyone's going to expect C all the time, go anon like the druid if you don't like it.

The most comparable spell of a druids, in mana cost, in duration, and in most common demand (not counting ports) is SoW.

Is it as impactful as clarity? It is not. That doesn't justify the expectation that the druid should spend over three times as much mana returning the favor of your friendly C out in the field. Especially since you'd likely expect SoW on top of the SLN anyway. Don't like it, don't cast the C, the druids will live with out it and you can go on about sniffing your own farts as is the class role of the solo enchanter player.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My vote is to sow!
TFW you sow someone and it says

Your spell did not take hold
Closed Thread