Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Nost was good, I probably had the closest to a vanilla experience on Emerald Dream long ago, but like vanilla wow, I got bored of it eventually. I’m not sure what eventually took that server down. It had a good pop when I was on it.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:39 PM
Kobold

Blizz sent a cease and desist order and Nost shut down.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are any of these servers still available, like how project1999 is doing it?
I'm a bit confused by this, if you want classic wow, I'd just pay for a sub, it's legitimate vanilla wow from the devs?
This question made sense prior, to launch but if you cant afford the $15/mo sub, pick up 2hrs somewhere a month to pay for it.

I'm 100% all for private servers when the devs are not delivering, going private for classic wow when classic wow is available in its best form is kind of weak.
Last edited by Knuckle; 01-14-2021 at 01:18 PM..
Old 01-14-2021, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Doesn’t “classic” wow run off of the new engine that they use for the new expansions? I had heard that it was even more nerfed than 1.12 version. My sources could be crack heads though.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

WoW Classic has been a pretty fun experience so far.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW Classic has been a pretty fun experience so far.
You must enjoy those instanced raids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2021, 01:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New vanilla in a few days check wow reddit private servers, played em all
interested in play this one in a month https://hyjal.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have ANY of those ever done actual early-era Warcraft, or have all of them been 1.12 nerfed-everything easymode like Blizzard's retail version is? I know most of the private servers were 1.12 based, but maybe one slipped beneath notice someplace? I wouldn't mind taking a tour of Warcraft again with original talents and original pre-nerf world and instance tuning.
I was just thinking something that follows the patch notes as they were, like how the project1999 staff does it, and was wondering the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think every wow private server I ever tried was 1.12.
I found the one above, and they seem to have done it before w/ Lightshope. Everything is progressively patched except some things like client and talents and maybe other things that are too embedded into the client. pretty active discord it looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a bit confused by this, if you want classic...
we can pretend we're not talking about this on the project1999 forums, after all sony progression servers exist knucks, https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-...ression-server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 100% all for private servers when the devs are not delivering, going private for classic wow when classic wow is available in its best form is kind of weak.
lol you gotta be trolling, best form?
Last edited by Shac; 01-15-2021 at 01:18 AM..
Old 01-15-2021, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must enjoy those instanced raids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quite literally the point of WoW, raid on your own schedule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2021, 02:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quite literally the point of WoW, raid on your own schedule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kinda wish classic eq was like this

but kinda ruins the competition and excitement!
Old 01-15-2021, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ys. There’s about 10 of us currently fucking with it.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread