Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 12:11 AM
Banned

Imagine paying activision money to play wow lmaooo
Old 01-17-2021, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Turtle WoW. Small, dedicated team focused on putting out custom content, which most recently included high elf and goblin as playable races. Roleplay-friendly server, though the population is more noncommittal than EQ's fanbase used to be back in 99. Amusing all the same to see how another MMORPG plays.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:24 AM
Kobold

I'm on deviate delight server, still having fun progressing through naxxramas. I think it's the first raid where the content caught up with the version. Feels a lot more balanced and challenging compared to aq, bwl, etc.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
interested in play this one in a month https://hyjal.org/

we can pretend we're not talking about this on the project1999 forums, after all sony progression servers exist knucks, https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-...ression-server

lol you gotta be trolling, best form?
I'll be honest, from a leveling perspective there is only one glaring thing I hate that deviates and it's the variable spawning rate to handle server populations in areas. I haven't been following it very closely otherwise, comparing classic wow vs p99 to sony live which doesnt pretend to match classic at all seems a bit of a stretch dont you think?
Old 01-18-2021, 11:30 AM
Banned

How are these servers after the original hype is over?
Old 01-18-2021, 01:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How are these servers after the original hype is over?
Right now, a lot of the servers are low pop and mostly dead. Some of the bigger servers are still bustling though. Retail WoW just released a new expansion, and a big chunk of the players left to do that (why would anyone want to play that crap?) It's also the final phase of the classic timeline, and Naxx is a lot harder than most were expecting, so that's caused pop decline as well.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Classic WoW suffers from similar issues that classic EQ does, in that it's about 15-20 years later and the game and its meta have been entirely figured out by the playerbase, such that he wholesome classic experience which was partly based on mystique and naivete regarding the game mechanics, such as leveling at the sarnak ledge or playing knights for anything other than RP, can never again be replicated.

I'd say one of the most glaring ways this manifested was the paucity of dungeon runs while leveling, and when people did run them, they tried their hardest to run with only the most meta group possible. Everyone rolled the best classes and only wanted the best classes, boosts were rampant, etc. That aspect was quite sad. In that respect, when homeboy said "You think you do, but you don't", he was correct. A douchebag, but correct. Classic servers petered out pretty steadily as people realized this.

At least in EQ, although the core gameplay and leveling experience resembles actual classic EQ only a little, the result is debatably something fun and engaging. In classic WoW, it felt more soul-crushing and toxic.
Last edited by Lune; 01-18-2021 at 01:28 PM..
Old 01-18-2021, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Lol, I browsed that hyjal discord a bit last night, and the discussion was quite cringy. The levels of immersion for a project that is still in the ptr phase was quite interesting. A guy was bragging about being the first raid leader to kill Onyxia on the 5x ptr, and there was much debate about the meta of world buffs and speed running raid content. Classic wow community was seeming extremely toxic, and it does not bode well for that fresh server.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

On Herod <Corpse Run> is going strong - we have 2 40 man raids and the current xpac is Naxxramus - currently progressiong on Gothik the Harvester then on to 4 Horsemen.

As someone who played classic WoW, this is as good a recreation as I could possibly hope for
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 01-18-2021 at 04:07 PM..
Old 01-18-2021, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Sounds like you have a good squad doing it right!
Closed Thread