Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never been able to raid end game on Project 1999
Same here. I'd love to see a raid one of these days but I need to get over my chronic rerolling problem, and actually get a character into that range. I've probably done it literally a hundred times on Green thus far lols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally don't play a druid.
What's wrong with druids? I was told they were plenty viable in raids.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:59 PM
Aviak

Just get to 50 and apply to a guild: send tells to group with them during your application process. Even if you suck at the game and your class they will call you out and give you constructive criticism- if you don’t listen you’re not going to get guided and your only raids will be open naggy/vox raids so don’t level past 52.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same here. I'd love to see a raid one of these days but I need to get over my chronic rerolling problem, and actually get a character into that range. I've probably done it literally a hundred times on Green thus far lols.

What's wrong with druids? I was told they were plenty viable in raids.
Stop rerolling and get your fav full caster(preferably not necro/Druid because they’re most abundant and also they’re a Jack of all trades, master of one that isn’t useless but it’s not priority dps cause everyone’s Druid/necro seat is already taken due to the popularity of those classes. Why: necros and Druids are good solers while lfg so they’re kinda the easiest to level without turbulence. Necros are #1 dots and Druids are #1 snare) to 60 so you can attend raids to rack up dkp and farm gear for your alts in the free time.

If your favorite class to play is a Druid or a necro, do that. What’s most important is that you play a class you enjoy the play style of. IMHO most people who main a Druid or necro wanted to play either a ranger or sk but main a Druid/Necro out of circumstance.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop rerolling and get your fav full caster(preferably not necro/Druid because they’re most abundant and also they’re a Jack of all trades, master of one that isn’t useless but it’s not priority dps cause everyone’s Druid/necro seat is already taken due to the popularity of those classes. Why: necros and Druids are good solers while lfg so they’re kinda the easiest to level without turbulence. Necros are #1 dots and Druids are #1 snare) to 60 so you can attend raids to rack up dkp and farm gear for your alts in the free time.

If your favorite class to play is a Druid or a necro, do that. What’s most important is that you play a class you enjoy the play style of. IMHO most people who main a Druid or necro wanted to play either a ranger or sk but main a Druid/Necro out of circumstance.
The rerolling is just something I'm finding hard to help, been trying to find the perfect class that I can click with forever. I'd go, play a class for a few days to a month, decide to try something else, go to EC to sell my gear and buy new gear, and that's been my cycle since the beginning of Green, lols. I'm up to wheeling and dealing about 10k worth of stuff by now.

Druid was one of those classes I did consider for a while. It's got a lot going for it, it's fun, and very useful out in the world. What turned me off though was the sheer number of them and the fact that they can't really go into Neriak, my favorite city in the game. But I did hear that they do have their uses in raids, my only real concern was getting a spot due to the number of them out there.

Right now I'm playing an enchanter, but I'm finding it difficult at the moment and my brain is already screaming at me to stop and find something else to play.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rerolling is just something I'm finding hard to help, been trying to find the perfect class that I can click with forever. I'd go, play a class for a few days to a month, decide to try something else, go to EC to sell my gear and buy new gear, and that's been my cycle since the beginning of Green, lols. I'm up to wheeling and dealing about 10k worth of stuff by now.

Druid was one of those classes I did consider for a while. It's got a lot going for it, it's fun, and very useful out in the world. What turned me off though was the sheer number of them and the fact that they can't really go into Neriak, my favorite city in the game. But I did hear that they do have their uses in raids, my only real concern was getting a spot due to the number of them out there.

Right now I'm playing an enchanter, but I'm finding it difficult at the moment and my brain is already screaming at me to stop and find something else to play.
Not trying to preach too much cause I’m just returning myself: but a lot feels the same as classic. 10k plat is a lot but it’s not the same currency as the dkp you need for end game gear.

I’m probably still gonna have a piece or two of cloth when I’m 50: getting gear as you go is much more rewarding than what I remember of the insanity of liquidating my current main to peewee twink my new roll.

I’ve been in that cycle as a kid playing, rerolling and liquidating my current main for my reroll. It’s a tortuous cycle and I hope you get out of it. Maybe try making a new toon and not transferring any items to it and just playing it from the ground up.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:46 PM
Aviak

/toggleinspect off and think about the game and how it works and less about your pixel fashion show. That’s how I play and that’s my advice.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:58 PM
Aviak

From what I remember of my experience:

You roll a new character with 5-20k gear and it’s great untill 20’s and 30’s when the gear catches up to the mobs and you realize it was just nice to stroll on easy street and maybe another class will ring with you- and you start all over with the liquidating and acquiring the gear to retwink: you spend uncounted hours in ec that easily could have been a few levels even if you were soloing as a rogue. Then you realize how many classes and toons before this you’ve spent hours in ec retwinking new toons and you wonder:

“If I would have just stuck to one character I would be 60 and half atleast 3 alts with 10k gear”

Idk man that’s just my perspective, hope it helps you shake the lead out of your boots
Old 04-30-2021, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not trying to preach too much cause I’m just returning myself: but a lot feels the same as classic. 10k plat is a lot but it’s not the same currency as the dkp you need for end game gear.

I’m probably still gonna have a piece or two of cloth when I’m 50: getting gear as you go is much more rewarding than what I remember of the insanity of liquidating my current main to peewee twink my new roll.

I’ve been in that cycle as a kid playing, rerolling and liquidating my current main for my reroll. It’s a tortuous cycle and I hope you get out of it. Maybe try making a new toon and not transferring any items to it and just playing it from the ground up.
I've never really figured out how to get gear on my own. Say I was a warrior at level 30 or so trying to camp this guy trying to get this thing. How does one convince people to stay with you at the camp, or come help you once it does spawn before someone else comes by to snipe him?

The only way I really know how to gear is to take an overleveled mage to a city with guards, kill guards, sell weapons, buy gear from the tunnel. I'm doing the best I can in this game but it's all I really know how to do at the moment. At the same time trying to find that race/class/deity combo I can really sit down and click with. It's seriously difficult right now.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:48 PM
Aviak

IMHO warrior is hard: all the melees are hard to main without gear They can’t really solo besides monk and monk has a hard slow time too. That’s why I said main a caster, casters don’t really need gear. All casters 50+ can take mid lvl gear drops and farm a set of ro gear, crafted for warriors, for your warrior alt you might switch to your main one day.

I have two eyes stems for crafted bracers if you want them: I’ll be on in an hour or two. All you need is two 108pp sapphires from a vendor and you can have two crafted bracers for your warrior.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
IMHO warrior is hard: all the melees are hard to main without gear They can’t really solo besides monk and monk has a hard slow time too. That’s why I said main a caster, casters don’t really need gear. All casters 50+ can take mid lvl gear drops and farm a set of ro gear, crafted for warriors, for your warrior alt you might switch to your main one day.

I have two eyes stems for crafted bracers if you want them: I’ll be on in an hour or two. All you need is two 108pp sapphires from a vendor and you can have two crafted bracers for your warrior.
Well no, I don't have a warrior. I have to play something with a little bit of soloability. I have no friends in this game. I was just wondering how a warrior would end up doing that. I struggle to get to mobs as it is without the rest of the zone salivating to grab it before I could, and this is with a 45 mage by myself. I can't imagine how tough it is for a class that relies on having cooperative people at their back and call, like a warrior. I'm dealing with that right now trying to camp Quid Rilstone.

Mage itself is one I was considering maining at one point, and it is in fact my highest level character at the moment, but I worry about my soloability later on and I worry about being able to get into a raid, because how many mod rod vendors does a raid need? I still use him to farm guards and try to get gear for all the other characters I've tried and failed with though.
Closed Thread