Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get some patchwork (ruined wolf pelts or cat pelts depending on race + patterns) and get some nice person in the tunnel to put them together if you dont want to tradeskill it yourself...you'll get that leather look in no time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do that, hit 29, start porting people...and rake it in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah agreed. Actually druid is a really good class to work some tailoring skill. It's pretty easy to work up to studded leather, a little tailoring and metalwork. But to start, you can whip up some leather armor pretty quickly. More or less, all you'll need until lvl30, mixing in a few wisdom items along the way.

Weapons don't matter much. By 20 you are pretty much a pure caster anyway. Only recommendation for carrying a weapon past 20 is to keep a treant staff handy, if you plan to root-rot often or hunting lower level animals for pelts to do tailoring. Otherwise you are usually carrying 1h's just for their stat mods. About the easiest class to gear really, and little need for gear to start.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Kobold

You shouldn't be going OOM "after casting a few heals". Low to mid level druids shouldn't be that much worse at healing than either of the other priests. Someone already mentioned that even twinked character's mana regen is the same as yours, so that's not an issue. Something that helps, though, is knowing how that regen works. If you're not worried about taking aggro from a heal/sit, then try to heal immediately after your mana has ticked up, then sit back down so you're meditating for the next tick as well. This will optimize your mana regen, and is useful in many situations, even running somewhere.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:17 AM
Kobold

A little bit of wisdom gear isn't really going to help you much. The issue is Druid heals are just not very good. You get everything up to Greater Heal 5 levels later than clerics, and then after Greater Heal at 29, you don't get Superior Heal until 53 (clerics get it at 34). Thus your heals often aren't able to keep up with the group. If you have twinked, high hp people in your group, it's even worse since your heals will barely seem to move their HP bar.

I was having major mana issues with healing even on my cleric until I got Greater Heal.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Something I've noticed a couple of people do in their excitement whilst grinding xp is forgetting to train meditate. Now I imagine you haven't forgotten to do this, but if you have go put a couple points in at your class trainer!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Anyway regarding being "twinked", as has been said watching the ticks can help in a pinch, keep those ticks going as best you can, easy to do in wolf form hehe j/k. Also as you progress in levels the heal spells become more efficient; to do a little more healing with less mana.

I've never been outcast from a group over healing, but I've done it for years so it's second nature. On live I had basically two mains, a ranger and a cleric, so just got used to it. On PEQ: the grand creation, I have two druids, one specialized in alteration to heal and works really well. Here, I really try to avoid being the main healer (specialized in Conj) in groups with my druid, but generally it works out really well depending on the group makeup. A lot can be said for that, and sometimes group formulas are just really bad for a druid healer, and so isn't really the druids fault.

Firstly, twinking doesn't matter regarding wisdom, not all that much. In group healing, twinked or not, you will hardly ever reach FM, sometimes if ever. Wisdom only increases mana pool, not mana regen. Above lvl30 it'll help more due to longer med breaks requested by other casters, but below lvl30 not at all.

In any case, you are going to need to pick and choose who gets the buffs and who gets the heals. It's just not going to happen for the entire group. Often, your primary concern is going to be just the MT, the MT is your pet. Everyone else, well you just want to keep alive, even if you run them at low health 90% of the time, speaking of melees anyway. If you have an enc, that's your second concern, and keep their health full as best you can since they usually drop HP quickly. Then you just keep reminding the group to do their best to keep aggro on the MT.

Rangers are not MT's btw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I speak from experience. They should be up behind the mob that the MT is hitting, using sneak to keep their aggro low (yes it works). Rogue and monk are not really ideal for MT either, but they can usually survive better as assist and can run them fairly low on health, at least for the monk.

At this level, during breaks, if melees are not using bandaids, then they are fail anyway. They are not efficient past 25 or 30, but before then they are useful after a fight to keep them at 50% health. Unfortunately, it's a hard fact that many players seem to reject here, taking heal mana in groups for granted, draining you and slowing the pace of the group. Be it as it may, run them at minimum health if that is the case (30-40%), I consider it their own fault. If they are using bandaids, you can usually get them healed up pretty well. I don't carry bandaids on my druid, but I do on my cleric and will sometimes assist the MT for a moment to get to 50% during a break. But later levels, the bandaids become too slow (usually caps at 100 ntel lvl50) compared to just keeping med going.

MT you just want to keep up to 75% health during fights, more if you can. I consider below 50% on the MT becoming a situation, maybe need for a change in group tactics. Use DS to help the aggro on MT, only on the MT. Watch your heal aggro, even if you need to keep a lesser heal on mem so not to take aggro during a fight (bigger heal = bigger aggro). Less efficient but better than pulling aggro then all your melee assists not bothering to pull the mobs off of you and then wondering why the MT is starting to fail. If that starts happening, ask one of the assists to keep an eye on you, keep the mobs off you, you are not a heavy armored cleric, and they are fail if they don't. I always love doing that with my ranger, CC and those high aggro fire spells do the trick, makes healing them back up worth it.

Just takes practice, and helps if it's not always a pug where it takes time to be able to assess your strategies including buff and heal priorities.

Oh I'll add this, what I consider minimum buff pre-30's:
MT: Skin - DS - Str
Puller: SoW - Skin
Enc: Skin - Sow - Str if they start getting too encumbered as usual (keep them above 75 Agi)

The rest, skins if you can manage, but often not. Often they will all beg for SoW, but I don't consider it a requirement at all. It's not a mana hungry spell though, but if they are training a lot you'll need to work it in.

Then once you get buffs prioritized/adjusted compared to your mana demand in the situation (heals always priority for mana), you try to keep buffs on your timer. So generally I will skin the group all at once and skin myself. This way when I see it flashing, I know it's time to rebuff them, or the ones you have skin on anyway. Only exception is SoW if you are into the wolf form thing hehe, but you can time it with other buffs. But generally it goes a long way for you if they aren't asking for refresh after they loose the buff. Of course sometimes mobs take them down, especially on the puller or the MT, so you just need to stay aware of what mobs are casting etc. Your puller gets rooted, so obviously time to recast SoW on him etc. And learn how to use tracking, in case your puller gets rooted out some ways and need to get a rescue heal in, and heals work through walls, so just start clicking if you cant see them. It's not a time to be watching TV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Daywolf; 08-29-2014 at 07:15 PM..
Old 08-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This will definitly get you moving in the direction that you seek

http://wiki.project1999.com/Ultimate...ng_Money_Guide

hope it helps! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread