View Poll Results: Reopen Teal?
Yes 662 72.27%
No 254 27.73%
Voters: 916. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loot would work the way it always has, the group agrees beforehand to free roll OR need before greed, everyone randoms, winner takes it per group consensus. If there is bullshit or dispute THIS is where the GM/Guide can step in and the only part they should ever enter into these player drama-fests.
If I'm the only person in zone camping a mob for 3 hours solo and you forced yourself by policy I have to group with you - no way I'm giving loot to you before I get mine. And the second person would say the same to the 3rd. Essentially you still have a list but the added complication someone might ninja it or dispute rules. Versus me just holding camp tilI get item and leave.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I'm the only person in zone camping a mob for 3 hours solo and you forced yourself by policy I have to group with you - no way I'm giving loot to you before I get mine. And the second person would say the same to the 3rd. Essentially you still have a list but the added complication someone might ninja it or dispute rules. Versus me just holding camp tilI get item and leave.
You wouldn't be in a zone camping a mob solo for 3 hours anymore though because if the policy I am talking about was in the game from the start and established most popular item camps will have constant group or rotation of people going in and out.

You think the way you do because of the stupid broken camp policy that enables SOLOers to even have the mentality you do now to be so blind to any other point of view, even the one the game actually worked based on in live 1999-2001 servers for 30+ servers across the world.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forcing people to group for content is a key factor in classic EQs success. There are several ways loot could be handled. Could be like AC. That rule is there so the same person can't farm the ring over and over. Precedence for these types of camp rules are already in the game.
You guys are crazy. The only way a game should force you to group is via difficulty. The ideas you have would make things way more volatile
Last edited by jerryR; 05-16-2020 at 01:46 PM..
Old 05-16-2020, 01:44 PM
Banned

You clearly never played on live, this solo mentality is not normal, it never existed anywhere except these EMU servers with their broken and counter-intuitive play nice policy and rules.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You clearly never played on live, this solo mentality is not normal, it never existed anywhere except these EMU servers with their broken and counter-intuitive play nice policy and rules.
Hmmm this is just completely incorrect. As an in era CSR, the rules here are not far off from the rules on live at all. Granted, there was a brief period of time where there were no rules (for a few months after launch) simply because we had no idea how much people would grief each other and abuse mechanics online lol. And even then there were still some sort of “rules” it’s just that they were different for each server depending on which GM covered them. However after a few months we had uniform rules put in place. Also none of those rules ever prohibited someone soloing a camp so your whole claim is just false and confusing.

By several months after release, online resources had come out detailing drops and camps, people had high level characters, and camps were constantly occupied (I remember all the complaining petitions very well). So your memory is either flawed or you are purposefully being dishonest.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:51 PM
Aviak

Didn't you get banned ? Look at your mentality and tell me that I'm going to let someone like you be foisted on me by some policy - when you'd probably end up causing some other loot drama because you could only stay for 3 hours so you deserve first loot rights. Give it up
Last edited by jerryR; 05-16-2020 at 01:54 PM..
Old 05-16-2020, 01:54 PM
Banned

Camps were occupied 24/7 by a single soloer? Not true. I had several toons that I was able to roll on and win several items myself in a group as a monk - FBSS and then Tstaff.

Good luck getting FBSS or Tstaff on this server on your own if you are not a Shaman/Necro/Enchanter or supertwink random class that can solo it too.

You will be forced to farm only the shittiest PP dropping mobs because the others are overcamped as well and grind your ass over 100+ hours and then run to EC to buy your FBSS or Tstaff OR roll your own necro/enchanter/druid/shaman to camp the items you want for the class you actually want to play

Live EQ was never like this sorry, don't care what you think of my memory or judgement but for 100% the server never existed in this way and was never meant too.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't you get banned ? Look at your mentality and tell me that I'm going to let someone like you be foisted on me by some policy - when you'd probably end up causing some other loot drama because you could only stay for 3 hours so you deserve first loot rights. Give it up
No I didn't get banned, I got a suspension, maybe 1 or 2 week? I don't even know or care, I uninstalled willingly 1 - to not have an active trojan on my PC anymore (the eq.dll file itself) and 2 - server is unplayable - the incident or camp in question, the players were there from 4PM on a Sunday, to 11PM same day, and then in the morning they were still at the camp until 11AM and no intention of leaving in sight. Why? Because the policy allows you to essentially 2box on 1 IP and hold any multi spawn camp indefinitely just going back and forth between your accounts.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:57 PM
Aviak

If an item takes 8 hours to drop and no one is getting xp... essentially it's just a list complicated by 6 people having loot rights when it does drop
Old 05-16-2020, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
If an item takes 8 hours to drop and no one is getting xp... essentially it's just a list complicated by 6 people having loot rights when it does drop
How is this different than AC?
Closed Thread