Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehHobbit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep teal should of never went away, atleast till kunark. 1000 people in classic feels bad.
Damn if you think less than 1k people online at prom time is bad, I hate to see what you would’ve thought about classic back in the day with the server pops then lol
Old 06-30-2020, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Fennin Ro was continually split/movelogged during vanilla....always when it got to around 2200-2400 peak.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fennin Ro was continually split/movelogged during vanilla....always when it got to around 2200-2400 peak.
Yeah, and I believe it was like that and maybe one or two others that got split pre-Kunark. Other servers were pretty high but not 2200-2400, but high 1000s for sure. I always usually subtract 100 or so from a current server’s population since that’s usually around the amount of people that are sitting in EC and not out EXPing or farming
Old 06-30-2020, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

The current server pop is classic, it's just heavy on the level 50s because we all know what we're doing now
Old 06-30-2020, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider blue.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

The problem is you cannot compare Green to classic when it comes to populations. Green is unique simply because of player knowledge. 1k-2k classic wasnt bad because most people didn't know what to do, so that level of population did not feel this bad because lots of people were very spread screwing around figuring things out. You no longer have people 'figuring things out' on a 20 year old game, get a clue. If you have 500-1k people all competing for correctly appropriate content you get days or even weeks for waiting/queing just for exp or gimpy item farming locations. Apples an oranges people, when I was playing classic I wasn't waiting 5 days to get into Treants in south karana, ever. I wasn't waiting half a day for a 50th level character to stop camping orc 1 in east commons so i could level my main from 7th level. There wasnt a week long list for the Ancient Cyclops, this a bad experiment gone wrong. I never had to solo Highpass orcs an gnolls, there were appropriate level groups. The classic play just cannot exist in this day an age, so we cannot set the server up for classic play that doesnt exist. An this is not just a lower level problem, you have way too many 50th level char with nothing to do, more servers = more raid targets and less wasting time which will help maintain population as people will just leave for servers they can actually do things instead of waiting days an weeks with nothing to do, literally.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is you cannot compare Green to classic when it comes to populations. Green is unique simply because of player knowledge. 1k-2k classic wasnt bad because most people didn't know what to do, so that level of population did not feel this bad because lots of people were very spread screwing around figuring things out. You no longer have people 'figuring things out' on a 20 year old game, get a clue. If you have 500-1k people all competing for correctly appropriate content you get days or even weeks for waiting/queing just for exp or gimpy item farming locations. Apples an oranges people, when I was playing classic I wasn't waiting 5 days to get into Treants in south karana, ever. I wasn't waiting half a day for a 50th level character to stop camping orc 1 in east commons so i could level my main from 7th level. There wasnt a week long list for the Ancient Cyclops, this a bad experiment gone wrong. I never had to solo Highpass orcs an gnolls, there were appropriate level groups. The classic play just cannot exist in this day an age, so we cannot set the server up for classic play that doesnt exist. An this is not just a lower level problem, you have way too many 50th level char with nothing to do, more servers = more raid targets and less wasting time which will help maintain population as people will just leave for servers they can actually do things instead of waiting days an weeks with nothing to do, literally.
So what I’m hearing is you’re annoyed because people have knowledge now so you can’t just do super valuable things like camp Treants and the AC whenever you want because other people know about it too. Got it. Super compelling.

As an aside, while I’ve never seen a full group at Highpass Gnolls I’ve seen full groups at the Orcs most days over the past few weeks.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:23 PM
Aviak

That's all hyperbole. Leveling right now with any class solo or grouped is perfectly viable. A reasonable amount of patience and maturity will see you get all but the most lucrative camps in time - and none of those really stall your progression in any life altering way.

Don't listen to these people that want to have 4 empty servers because they can't contend with the notion someone has a piece of gear they can't instantly obtain themselves
Old 06-30-2020, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... as people will just leave for servers they can actually do things instead of waiting days an weeks with nothing to do, literally.
I have yet to see the great exodus to Red where raid targets are sometimes left up because there are not enough people on to take them down for a few days (or so I'm told :P)...
Closed Thread