Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this totally out of date by now? http://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge
Did golems not have abilities back before they had drops? I didn't raid then. Funny to see two mobs with Cazic Touch and one with a 9 slot dispel under Solo God.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talendor would be impossible in my opinion, but Sev.... maybe. I think you are right that one warrior/monk couldn't dps fast enough due to regen but if they had a charmed pet with puppet strings then possibly.

Is OP's question theoretical or are they asking what is the most powerful mob that HAS been solo'd on blue server?
I'm asking what has been solod. Theoretical is an interesting question as well
Old 10-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this totally out of date by now? http://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge
The page has some Velious additions suggested. I don't think it's out of date, so much as it could just use more interest.

I feel like the challenge is one motivated person + one good discussion thread away from having a fully up-to-date (ie. Velious included) set of mobs.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

It's a fairly subjective question.

But I would say a rough list is
-emporer chottal because hes a level 60 mob that casts the best necro dots , is fairly resistant to magic , dispels, gates and Is behind 2 locked doors and is in proximity of 6 adds including one named itself.

-khelkar icepaw
Hits very hard, backstabs if you get summoned to him, enrages, and Is literally surrounded by adds almost all 50+

-Ayillish
High level dragon , CH's aoe dispel I think ? With new push changes it's likely you'll have to kill the dragon 2 or 3 times over if it's even possible anymore.

The servants in SG probably earn a spot too because they have a strong aoe DD+ dispel while also hitting in the 250s range.

Not exhaustive list but off the top of my head mobs that are soloable
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-14-2019, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's pretty out of date. Some fundamental mechanics have changed since the SAC was created (probably primarily invis pulling, assist mechanics, and summon mechanics), which quite change the difficulty of some of the mobs on the list. Plus the list was pre-velious. But overall it gives you the right general idea of an "easy" solo mob (like froglok king) and works up to the stuff that's nearly or actually impossible in the solo god tier.

The SAC thread (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...tist+challenge), if you have time to work your way through the thing from page 1, can help shed some light on it since it involves a lot of writeups and screenshots and stuff (maybe the SSs are defunct these days though) of how different classes managed different stuff on the list.

Ahh, fond memories. The SAC thread is what prompted me to create my first enchanter (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=183 very specifically, lol). I sent Loraen a tell in the teens telling him how I was looking forward to doing the challenge and iirc he gave me a polite "sure kid" response, and then a couple months later we were doing it up in A-Team. Good times.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=299 was my solo artist challenge sheet, specifically. I had links built in because I had a little story and screenshots for each kill on the list, but the links to other posts on the forums seem broken. Looks like at least some of the screenshots in my story posts are still there though if, like I said, you have the time to sift through the thread.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-14-2019 at 06:44 PM..
Old 10-14-2019, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty out of date. Some fundamental mechanics have changed since the SAC was created (probably primarily invis pulling, assist mechanics, and summon mechanics), which quite change the difficulty of some of the mobs on the list. Plus the list was pre-velious. But overall it gives you the right general idea of an "easy" solo mob (like froglok king) and works up to the stuff that's nearly or actually impossible in the solo god tier.

The SAC thread (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...tist+challenge), if you have time to work your way through the thing from page 1, can help shed some light on it since it involves a lot of writeups and screenshots and stuff (maybe the SSs are defunct these days though) of how different classes managed different stuff on the list.

Ahh, fond memories. The SAC thread is what prompted me to create my first enchanter (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=183 very specifically, lol). I sent Loraen a tell in the teens telling him how I was looking forward to doing the challenge and iirc he gave me a polite "sure kid" response, and then a couple months later we were doing it up in A-Team. Good times.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=299 was my solo artist challenge sheet, specifically. I had links built in because I had a little story and screenshots for each kill on the list, but the links to other posts on the forums seem broken. Looks like at least some of the screenshots in my story posts are still there though if, like I said, you have the time to sift through the thread.
the emperor story was broken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2019, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the emperor story was broken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=743

All the links on my sheet are busted for some reason. I probably have that screenshot laying around somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

edit - Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/9k2FWWq ... also wow, going through my like 1000 old screenshots. Now I'm all riled up for green. Looks like the oldest ones I have is early kunark though, me selling sacrifices to fund the rogue that eventually frustrated me so much with LFG that I made Tecmos. Lol.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-14-2019 at 08:07 PM..
Old 10-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty out of date. Some fundamental mechanics have changed since the SAC was created (probably primarily invis pulling, assist mechanics, and summon mechanics), which quite change the difficulty of some of the mobs on the list. Plus the list was pre-velious...
It started getting stupid when Daldeaean was using puppet strings and about 5-6 other clickies to say "I dun it!"

Similarly, that Phinny got killed solo by a druid who used pathing exploits to clear some of the mobs around it.

Add in that some players go in with a full suit of buffs from others, and things like that... I like the SAC concept but there's too many little shortcuts/clickies/minor cheats in there.

I say put up a new one for green server, require video evidence (not hard to run OBS or Fraps) and see what's possible during Vanilla. What would be the top realistic targets there for a level 50 looking to do things solo?
Old 10-14-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Eh. I get those complaints. But it's not like ploktor (I don't remember daldaen doing the challenge; he's not on the front page Hall of Fame anyway) with puppet strings breaking into fear wasn't still a hell of a feat, or Svenn dragging a useable pet all the way down to trak's lair to use against prot, even if it involves strings. I really don't remember soulfire spam or other things being very prevalent in general, except for patently silly stuff like clerics soloing stuff. And contributors did qualify their kills that required old invis pulls or strong clickies. Everyone who worked seriously on the SAC did it because it was fun for then and was up front about their kills.

Pathing exploits are lame for sure. I didn't remember Petros using those. I think it was Petros who solod Estrella, anyway.

I don't recall many/any people killing stuff with outside buffs and claiming it was solo. And again, if they did, they had to qualify their kill as assisted.

If I roll a chanter on green, I'll put in an effort to revive the challenge with new mechanics considered a d whatnot.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-14-2019 at 08:31 PM..
Old 10-14-2019, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Pretty much agree with what Tecmos said.

I think the clickies like Soulfire, Puppet strings are fine, because without those items some classes simply wouldn't be able to compete in the challenge at all. So unless you make a list of mobs for each class it essentially just becomes a list for Enchanters, Shamans, and extremely geared monks. Plus some of the encounters i'm not sure are even possible without clickies.