Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 10:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dussle27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin models are fucking disgusting. OP should be banned on his lack of aesthetic taste and for being a 40 year old man throwing a temper tantrum over an issue that was decided in 2009.
lol
Old 10-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

I think most of the Luclin models are better. I used them before they were disabled and I'd still use them if I could.

But I'm not going to quit or throw a bitch fit about it because I'm here to play classic EQ. If the graphics were what I care about I'd be playing a different game.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Wow OP is a real Fire Giant
Old 10-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemaas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now before you get up and arms about luclin models I would like to provide some backstory for myself.

My childhood was filled with amazing memories of a game called EQOA, it was very similar to this game. That game is long gone and the effort to emulate it is not going anywhere. P99 bec ame my new home. I considered myself an EQOA refugee.

You all made me feel like I was at home, the classes and spells and zones all brought me to my forgotten home that I miss dearly. I am sure this is how you all feel about the clasisc errra of EQ. You hold it dearly.

But I just do not understand how me using newer models to make me feel more like I am back playing EQOA can be negative for other people.

I am quitting p1999 today after more than a year of playing and bringing multiple friends/family to the server. You were all amazing and thank you for the community. But if I have to look at the terrible classic eq pixels after playing with luclin models for over a year I will puke. (NO offense just opinion). I have no nostalgia from Classic EQ, because I never played.

Feel free to scream and rabble about "not classic" now.
Play the ak'anon project. There is sufficient population and you get the updated models. Problem solved.

I play on p99 exclusively because of outs mission statement of classic look and feel as close as possible. When I'm done with that I'll move to another EQ emulator south a different mission.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:21 AM
Banned

Default Gate Keeping, The Role Playing Adventures of Elite Redditor Brantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're still here? Thought you quit? You were offered two responses that you claim were sufficient, yet you are still here fighting with people....
He might not be in here because of luclin models at all.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He might not be in here because of luclin models at all.
Might be onto something here.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:24 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2019, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the hilarious thread, OP
Old 10-17-2019, 10:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play the ak'anon project. There is sufficient population and you get the updated models. Problem solved.

I play on p99 exclusively because of outs mission statement of classic look and feel as close as possible. When I'm done with that I'll move to another EQ emulator south a different mission.
I will check it out, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the hilarious thread, OP
Welcome.
Closed Thread