Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

There are also Deluxe Toolbox which can be bought from one of the igloos at the pirate camp in Iceclad for around 1pp.

They're heavier than a backpack, but are 10 slot and can hold giant items. As the wiki says, they make great bank containers.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone. I am also a new player, so I don't have much in the way of useful information to share, but:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Medicine_Bag

These are only 1pp from vendors, and are essentially a .4 weight backpack. These can't be found in every major city, so you may have to do a bit of legwork to get to a vendor that sells them.
I was using Large Sewing Kits (bought outside Halas for about a plat, 8 slots, holds giant sized items), but at 3.0 wt each they were a bit much. Now with this information I have switched over and I am using these bags instead. The sewing kits are now in my bank vault, where they will remain useful. Many thanks for this information!
Old 08-15-2018, 06:47 AM
Sarnak

I had a little time to shop last night and picked up the following:

Orc Fang Earring - filled an empty slot
Granite Bracer - replaced Blackened Alloy Bracer
Spider Fur Collar - replaced Ringmail Neckguard

Overall I gained a small amount of AC, but 14 STR, 7 STA and some HP too. Now the only piece I want to upgrade before I continue adventuring is my Split Paw Hide Belt.

I also learned the hard way that even with SoW I could not outrun A Shadowed Man. They are incredibly fast.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone. I am also a new player, so I don't have much in the way of useful information to share, but:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Medicine_Bag

These are only 1pp from vendors, and are essentially a .4 weight backpack. These can't be found in every major city, so you may have to do a bit of legwork to get to a vendor that sells them.
Thanks. I replaced all my backpacks with those as I was going through Highpass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2018, 05:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Question I am new and have no idea where to start.

Hello all,

So I am new to EQ (like all of it). I have been doing some research into P99 and feel it will fit what I have been looking to play. I was wondering where do I have to start? Any help would be great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]!
Thanks,

Poh.

PS: Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. This just looked like a good place to put this.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohgren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all,

So I am new to EQ (like all of it). I have been doing some research into P99 and feel it will fit what I have been looking to play. I was wondering where do I have to start? Any help would be great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]!
Thanks,

Poh.

PS: Sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread. This just looked like a good place to put this.
Here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651
Old 08-19-2018, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

Hey there! I was in povar during that time, halfling warrior named Naerron, was likely in the guild Utopian or Forces Unknown =)
Old 08-27-2018, 07:10 AM
Sarnak

Minor update:

I went from barely into 35 to a good chunk into 37 this weekend. I spent the entire time in Mistmoore at the castle entrance.

35 was a drag. I can't believe how slow it was. Glad it's over.

However, I found most of my time at Mistmoore CE as both the puller and tank. I was able to really understand and make good use of Harmony for the first time, combined with snare it made pulling very easy. I received numerous compliments about how smooth and steady my pulls were [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am hoping to spend some more time at MM this week. I've got about 1100 plat saved up and wondering if I should be looking for new weapons.

PS - Sirken made a guest appearance to my group during my time at Mistmoore CE. First time I've seen him.
Last edited by bricke75; 08-27-2018 at 07:38 AM..
Old 09-04-2018, 06:15 AM
Sarnak

I was able to make 39 this weekend in a great Mistmoore castle group. Super happy to get my new spells, including Healing, See Invis and Levitate.

I also raised my fletching up to 135. Sadly, I failed on my combine for my Trueshot bow, and don't think I am going to do all the footwork over again any time soon.

Couple of questions:

1. Is Call of Sky worth the trek to get? I'm not even sure how to get to where it is sold at but if it worth it I will make time.

2. Where is good to group at 39? What's the next progression past Mistmoore?

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2018, 06:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricke75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. Is Call of Sky worth the trek to get? I'm not even sure how to get to where it is sold at but if it worth it I will make time.

2. Where is good to group at 39? What's the next progression past Mistmoore?

Thanks!
Call of Sky is a great little attack proc, however I avoided using it if I wasn't tanking in a group as it draws aggro.

I would stay in Mistmoore until 40 and then head to City of Mist.
Closed Thread