Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to post on the Pantheon forums, they're sealed pretty tight tho :/
Y'all wanna see your boy ATG on the pantheon forums?

Lmk

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-13-2018, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

We don't even want to see you on these forums.

Yet here you are.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

These forums are way more hostile than usual as of late

What’s the deal dudes
Old 08-13-2018, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

I'm untouchable. A handful of nerds don't dictate policy

Old 08-14-2018, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

I watched the recent carnage stream and it's amazing how much farther along this game is compared to camelot unchained. Pantheon looks amazing, but I wonder how much content they will try to cram at release versus releasing additional content over time.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 08-15-2018, 11:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watched the recent carnage stream and it's amazing how much farther along this game is compared to camelot unchained. Pantheon looks amazing, but I wonder how much content they will try to cram at release versus releasing additional content over time.
Yeah I mean it seems to be coming along nicely. I get a vanguard vibe from it, and that's a good thing. I haven't supported it monetarily, but the beta pledge seems reasonable. I don't really like to play unfinished versions of games I might enjoy tho. It ruins my immersion when it goes live.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol

the vg tools are archaic no other devs from any other house could even work on the game its not worth the time investment. the scripting is something from 1995 and the DB tools are archaic making the labor cost too high.

this was known in 2007

you're late
Vanguard used a version Unreal 2.5 and didn't even bother to utilize the UnrealScript tool which is one of the reasons why the game was such an unoptimized piece of shit that ran so horribly. Still a bad taste in my mouth but damn I remember the posts from ex-employees and the entire collapse of Sigil. I don't think we'll ever see Vanguard come back in any form. A shame really how all of that went down, but also the very reason why I'm very cautious to ever hype anything that Brad Mcquaid comes up. Proof is in the pudding with how this game turns out in the final product.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanguard used a version Unreal 2.5 and didn't even bother to utilize the UnrealScript tool which is one of the reasons why the game was such an unoptimized piece of shit that ran so horribly. Still a bad taste in my mouth but damn I remember the posts from ex-employees and the entire collapse of Sigil. I don't think we'll ever see Vanguard come back in any form. A shame really how all of that went down, but also the very reason why I'm very cautious to ever hype anything that Brad Mcquaid comes up. Proof is in the pudding with how this game turns out in the final product.
yep its a real head-scratcher. i was there during that time and was the first person to break the story on the brad drug theft that happened in the Sigil offices on another forum.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak probably made 1000% return on their SOE purchase price and good for them, they put tons of life into amazing old games.
Yeah that's why they just laid off 70 or so people in the past few months and are ending the expansions for Everquest 1 along with their numbers dropping drastically for games like h1z1 (their bread and butter) and Planetside 2 slowly dwindling.
https://tagn.wordpress.com/2018/05/0...-of-everquest/

I don't think the SoE lineup was worth much in the first place if some random investment company from Russia bought it rather than actual credible Videogame publishers. How much did they purchase it for? And what returns have they made? Again, they laid off 70 people and they continually laid off people since the company became DBG in 2015.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that's why they just laid off 70 or so people in the past few months and are ending the expansions for Everquest 1 along with their numbers dropping drastically for games like h1z1 (their bread and butter) and Planetside 2 slowly dwindling.
https://tagn.wordpress.com/2018/05/0...-of-everquest/

I don't think the SoE lineup was worth much in the first place if some random investment company from Russia bought it rather than actual credible Videogame publishers. How much did they purchase it for? And what returns have they made? Again, they laid off 70 people and they continually laid off people since the company became DBG in 2015.
DBG is part of a virtual currency money laundering scheme for a Russian oligarch. Its been reported to the State Dept and me and a few other fellows were trying to make sure that Daybreak's parent company and all assets were frozen as the law states they should be frozen.

No link offhand as its a bit in the past now. If I come across the thread later I'll post it.

Closed Thread