Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Default What would be a good box combo for Zek?

I'm thinking of going Cleric and Rogue and having a Necro that could kind of box with either of them..

Thoughts?
Old 08-06-2018, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

Join zek discord dude
Old 08-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Banned

It depends on who you want your main to be. Cleric/rogue will probably be one of the worst combos for leveling and being self sufficient. If you are set on a rogue as your main then maybe shaman. You won't have gear so stat buffs, speed and slow on mobs will help the rogue survive.

If you are wanting to level your main as fast as possible then pick a class that can charm. Charm is OP on this server and you don't really need much cha gear for max duration. You can hit 50 with an enchanter in a few days.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Problem with rozek is now I am considering not going to the range and playing 9 holes today to go home and box pixelated characters. Fucking Everquest.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends on who you want your main to be. Cleric/rogue will probably be one of the worst combos for leveling and being self sufficient. If you are set on a rogue as your main then maybe shaman. You won't have gear so stat buffs, speed and slow on mobs will help the rogue survive.

If you are wanting to level your main as fast as possible then pick a class that can charm. Charm is OP on this server and you don't really need much cha gear for max duration. You can hit 50 with an enchanter in a few days.
That's why I was going to throw in the necro, necro could box decently with both of them I imagine. Also I've never played a necro passed level like 12 so I wanted to try it out.

I could just skip the rogue altogether and do necro/cleric too.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Banned

Well you can only play 2 characters at a time so having a 3rd necro won't help you level the rogue/cleric. Necro/cleric would do very well with necro charming undead all the way to 50.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you can only play 2 characters at a time so having a 3rd necro won't help you level the rogue/cleric. Necro/cleric would do very well with necro charming undead all the way to 50.
Sorry, I meant either. Like Nec/Clr would be fine and Nec/Rog would probably be decent
Old 08-06-2018, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

The Cleric would be the central piece in most cases, with the Necro and Rog swapping out.
But being able to pick locks, drag corpses, and Rez from 2 different toons is pretty powerful.
nec/ rouge may be OK outside. Inside it would depend on gear level because necro heals on their own aren't all that.
Last edited by Kastro; 08-06-2018 at 11:29 PM..
Old 08-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

r99 has several experts on the matter

the 8 of them combined represent 92% of the pop online during prime time

in every timezone
Old 08-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm thinking of going Cleric and Rogue and having a Necro that could kind of box with either of them..

Thoughts?
It’s doable because of the exp rate, my very first duo way back on vztz was paladin rogue, and I would recommend that over rogue cleric for leveling purposes as the paladin can tank a lot better than a cleric while your rogue backstabs. Also a bit more sturdy in pvp and paladins fare decent in classic with mithril 2hander or the ole ghoulbane bash for casters. That being said I rolled a cleric/monk but am having second thoughts towards a shaman for my monk