Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alifeyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is the only MMORPG that made me cry IRL. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's just sad...

Now if you're talking nerd rages... EQ is no.1 game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

guy ks's you... RAAAAAGE
guy trains you .... RAAAAAAGE
mob doesn't spawn for you ... RAAAAAAGE ...

you get the idea.

I enchant things...
Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For most people i think EQ was their first MMO, and it had a feeling that they no doubt tried replicating with other MMO's, but none came close. (whether this be because EQ had something special, or just because it was your first MMO i'm not sure)

Either way, the fact that so many people are back here i'd say that there isn't any [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Nothing else after EQ has left me with such a feeling of wonderment as I had back in 1999. DAoC was fun, heck WoW was fun for a time, but nothing has yet given me that old feeling and I don't think anything ever will again.

Corpse Runs are still misery concentrate, but I love the 14 classes and everything else about the game.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Loyalty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure why the current mindset is of these gaming companies are:
the casual gamer > the hardcore gamer
I mean, I think we are the more loyal ones anyway, don't you think?
Loyalty isn't what companies who sell online gaming are interested in. It's purely $$. Casual gamers are far more plentiful than hardcore and are therefore a much bigger source of $$.

I don't blame EQ, WoW, or any of the crappy knockoffs for catering to what the majority wants. I may not like it, although some of the stuff is actually pretty cool if you give it a try, but that's how it is.

A big part of marketing is convincing people that they want what you are selling. If old school EQ fans weren't so elitist and would try a more inviting and progressive approach they might have been able to shape the game into what they wanted and still increased it's membership. Instead they cried "ur making the game too EZ!!1!" and "WoW is for babies and ppl who dont wanna werk!". What exactly did those "bitch on the forum threads" tactics do? About 11 million WoW subscribers and EQ following in its footsteps to try and maintain a playerbase. Boy we sure won that fight...
Closed Thread