Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Yendor... Awesome lol. I went Ranger. Let the pain... I mean fun begin!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a fungi, rbg and other decent (gear)
You'll do fine soloing then, even on a ranger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thing we like to call mana
These things us SKs called Polished Obsidian Great Axe, Blood Ember Gauntlets and Boots.

You can get solo exp as SK, but grouping should always be your main goal when working towards 60. Personally have always played the absolute dead hours of the server, so getting to 60 on SK mostly meant fear kiting solo. Did Ice Giants in EF for a good long while, think 8h sittings of holding 2 spawns down got me like a yellow in a day or something. Higher 50s went on to do dwarves in BB docks, kinda similiar results.

Basically your dps (even with pet up) isn't much to write home about, so fear kiting can be pretty tedious. It's doable and all that, but other classes would long since soloed to 60 by the time you're still 54. I would advice against playing SK with the idea of "I dont wanna tank in groups" in mind.

Ranger on the other hand is just gonna be LFG all day since sadly you're a second rate druid, and druid is a second rate wizard/cleric. People can write their essays on how ranger has roots and whatnot small heals that make them a jack-of-all-trades, but sadly you're still third rate in all those fields. People prefer an enc to CC the mobs, just like they prefer a cleric to heal. People aren't going to be too excited to invite a ranger to their group since you take a spot, eat alot of exp, and don't bring much in return. Blame Verant.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

When I see a level 60 Ranger, I greatly respect them. When I see a level 60 SK or Paladin, I am mildly impressed. When I see a level 60 anything else, I don't give it a second thought.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A ranger is like having an erection in a doorless, windowless room. Fun for you, but no one else gives a shit about what you can do.
... But it is SOOOO BIGGGGGG. Rangers who make it to 60 tend to be pretty skilled players. Get used to designing a group around YOU! You'll get creative and it will be a blast.

Ranger + 4 enc + clr = the good times.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get used to designing a group around YOU! You'll get creative and it will be a blast.
this, either way you go.

Shadowknight
the perk of sk is you can solo while looking for groups or trying to form your own groups after 50 thats 2-4 mobs per mana bar. afk regen, come back and do it again. also depending on your place of soloing (KC ent for example) people will tag you with c2's, regens, etc. that speed your soloing along.

Ranger
You can do the same with a ranger just with a bit more level difference between you and the mob. Toe to toe with low blues or lightblues when waiting for groups, but i feel like i get 1-4 mobs per mana bar depending on mob level.

both are fun. I prefer my SK over my ranger, but it might be specifically related to SK being 60 and ranger being 50.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cuttlefish and asparagus or the vanilla paste?
Here I was expecting the first reply to be some dribble about how you should roll on red bc red is amazing amirite!?!

Instead We get this gem, bravo.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Just don't be the ranger who says "ok guys, no hybrids...lets try and find a warrior to tank", you're using up the hybrid slot that the LFG SK/paladin could be using to get the group started properly etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Iksar monks take note as well, you have 4% more of a penalty than any non-big race/iksar hybrid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

I already miss my Shaman lol.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just don't be the ranger who says "ok guys, no hybrids...lets try and find a warrior to tank", you're using up the hybrid slot that the LFG SK/paladin could be using to get the group started properly etc
Instead say "ok guys, no hybrids...lets try and find a shaman or enchanter to slow"
Closed Thread