Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Banned

Raid mobs are left up all the time on red

With some bard know how and that group xp bonus/open camps, rerolling there is very painless
Old 02-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly believe that movelog is the only legitimate option to get people on red. Blue players don want to start from scratch, especially when they have resources on the blue server to twink an alt or play with all their blue friends. Even PvP is the goal why isn't some sort of battle server available? You can move a copy of your blue or red toon into the battle server and have some fun. Crushbone battle arena was a fun distraction, same kinda concept would work.
I'd love a movelog option personally.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculousmoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got a good laugh about this part... yes and at ANY time anyone can just come right in with their better gear and take ANY camp from you! Sounds like so much fun!

Stopped reading... it's just your bullshit utopian view of eq pvp to try and recruit. There is a reason the server has so little population.
Like I said in OP, I started with nothing. With a couple pals I was able to farm whatever I wanted. Got pushed out a few times, sure but more often than not we were taking what we wanted.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said in OP, I started with nothing. With a couple pals I was able to farm whatever I wanted. Got pushed out a few times, sure but more often than not we were taking what we wanted.
See but I see that from the other side.. then you were taking from some other poor soul that was just trying to have a good time.

That said, nice post. First well thought out intelligent 'try red' post I've seen... but the unbalanced eq pvp scene just isn't for most people. Your solution to it's problems are 'travel with a group'...
Old 02-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone should move from blue to red. These red players have a good thing going for them and things might change if there are 2 or more people in each zone.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculousmoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See but I see that from the other side.. then you were taking from some other poor soul that was just trying to have a good time.

That said, nice post. First well thought out intelligent 'try red' post I've seen... but the unbalanced eq pvp scene just isn't for most people. Your solution to it's problems are 'travel with a group'...
I understand where you are coming for because that is how I viewed red... Until I tried it. The number or obstacle for blue players will be adopting the mindset needed to have fun on a pvp server. Even many players on red struggle with it. The key is to not be a poor sport. Someone pushes you out of a camp? Get better. They are higher level? Level up. They have better gear? Get better gear. They brought friends? Bring some friends. There is always a solution. Like pve those solutions require time investment. Unlike pve you can't cry to an authority or attempt to lawyer your way out of defeat. You lost? Accept it and resolve to do better ^^ Ask the person who defeated you for pointers. Invite them to your group. Have fun.

There are jackasses for sure, but I would say in no greater proportion (and likely lower) than on blue.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand where you are coming for because that is how I viewed red... Until I tried it. The number or obstacle for blue players will be adopting the mindset needed to have fun on a pvp server. Even many players on red struggle with it. The key is to not be a poor sport. Someone pushes you out of a camp? Get better. They are higher level? Level up. They have better gear? Get better gear. They brought friends? Bring some friends. There is always a solution. Like pve those solutions require time investment. Unlike pve you can't cry to an authority or attempt to lawyer your way out of defeat. You lost? Accept it and resolve to do better ^^ Ask the person who defeated you for pointers. Invite them to your group. Have fun.

There are jackasses for sure, but I would say in no greater proportion (and likely lower) than on blue.
So you basically said "git guud"

It still doesn't answer my question of what happens when you cap out and Empire is the barrier? Is "get better" still applicable? That's going to be the mindset of people coming from blue. If anything this is an advertisement for Empire life. High end uncontested raiding on a friendly schedule with PvP in your spare time wearing best in slot gear. That's the allure of red. Troubledour told me so.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

It seems 5 years of Kunark has done more damage to red than blue.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Some virgin created Legday on red already. I'm not rerolling name.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you basically said "git guud"

It still doesn't answer my question of what happens when you cap out and Empire is the barrier? Is "get better" still applicable? That's going to be the mindset of people coming from blue. If anything this is an advertisement for Empire life. High end uncontested raiding on a friendly schedule with PvP in your spare time wearing best in slot gear. That's the allure of red. Troubledour told me so.
Same thing that happens on blue when you cap out but rampage or forsaken is the barrier. Keep playing casually or contest. Plus, I imagine it would be pretty satisfying sinking an axe into Hokushin, Detoxx, or Chest instead of petitioning your next dispute.