Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Default Questions on new ToV rules

There are a few questions I'm sure A LOT of people have on how the new raid rules work. I'll try to list a few of the questions I can think of here. Please limit discussion in this thread to legit questions about the rotation and how it works; keep value judgments out of this thread. There are about 20 R&F threads where you can complain about the rotation. I want this thread to be for getting questions asked and answered.

Quote:
If you are unable to kill ToV dragons, then you will be removed from the list.
What counts as being unable to kill ToV dragons? Do you have to kill all of them? Do you only have to kill one of them? Somewhere in between?

Quote:
On your guild’s turn, ToV will belong to your guild, and your guild will be granted 72 hours from time of the first dragon’s death to finish the zone
Quote:
If a guild does not make an attempt within 7 days, they will be skipped and risk losing their spot.
So what exactly constitutes a guild's turn? When does the 7 days start? Does it start 7 days after the previous guild's turn ends? Does it start 7 days after the first new dragon spawns? Is this a Monday - Sunday thing? What happens if a guild waits until day 7 to kill their first dragon? Do they still have 72 hours after that, or does their turn end at the stroke of midnight on the 7th day?

Furthermore, what happens if a guild kills their last dragon at the very end of their window, and due to spawn variance, it doesn't respawn until after the next guild's 7 days are up?

Quote:
In the event of an earthquake/simpop, ToV will be FFA until the following cycle
So it's possible for a guild to be on a 9+ week rotation and just flat out lose their turn due to an earthquake?

Quote:
This does not apply to HoT.
This is extremely vague. What doesn't apply to HoT? Earthquakes? The entire rotation? Is your intention here to allow guilds to do HoT as they please, or are you also keeping Doze on permanent FFA status, or is HoT also on a rotation now?
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:05 PM
Aviak

in b4 labeled staff bashing
Old 02-05-2019, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Don't worry the students at Erudin Palace Law School are busy digging up all precedence related cases as we speak in order to codify the new LawerQuest rule set.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Kobold

These seem like the sorts of things you'd want to know before the rotation is actually running, but here we are.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

I love how poorly executed this was. 72 hours for this 7 days for that no HoT these are the guilds RDY GO. Oops we messed up forget we said anything and continue as you were
Old 02-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how poorly executed this was. 72 hours for this 7 days for that no HoT these are the guilds RDY GO. Oops we messed up forget we said anything and continue as you were
It's like they built a bridge, and just as cars were starting to drive over it, Roegan turned to Braknar and asked 'did you remember to put guard rails on it?'
Old 02-05-2019, 06:27 PM
Banned

It seems like a good solution to me. A little complicated. If only there was an in game hard coded mechanic that allowed players to battle over the content without the use of GM enforced rules.......
Old 02-05-2019, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like a good solution to me. A little complicated. If only there was an in game hard coded mechanic that allowed players to battle over the content without the use of GM enforced rules.......
roll 100?
Old 02-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Play nice policy?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, you are now hungry and angry.

So here you go

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's better. But now you have to take turns
Last edited by Saludeen; 02-05-2019 at 08:04 PM..
Closed Thread