Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 11:35 PM
Kobold

Look at this, I came to troll around and I'm actually getting quality info. Is this really RnF?
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just be thankful these windows no longer extend like they used to.
These noobs have no clue
Old 03-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

Put mobs in window 1h after they die. Save lives #endthepoopsocks2019
Old 03-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Kobold

Try 24 hours for magi
Old 03-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put mobs in window 1h after they die. Save lives #endthepoopsocks2019
Hey man if it was up to me, mob windows would be 10 minutes long and set in such a way that they didn't always center around the same time zone spawn after spawn. Instead of 72h +-8h, for example, they'd be 66h +- 5m.

Imagine if instead of showing up, buffing up, parking and/or socking for 16 hours before you get to race for the mob, everyone shows up, buffs up, and gets ready to race immediately. Sounds like a lot more fun to me.

As it is I'm not sure what the windows accomplish, 4h, 16h, or 72h. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell me more.
Some windows in classic velious was longer than 16 hours. Some were less. Setting them all to 16 just evens it out.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Sorry I forgot - make mobs in window 1hr after death and remove any rules about camping spawns/being past zonelines. Gotta get rid of coth races/train pulls as much as possible too. Now you can set up a Friday night NToV raid and maybe something will spawn you can clear to or are already near. Now the zones can be playable again. Also less petitions, GMs just auto-reply "Sorry you're feeling bad, but your raid mob is likely already in window again before we get to this" #makezonesfreeagain
Old 03-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Banned

The method the developers will apply isn’t the one where mobs spawn faster y’all are nuts. They make the variance longer till the crying stops. Did this in kunark, think one time seb didn’t spawn for almost 3 weeks.... think about it
Old 03-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The method the developers will apply isn’t the one where mobs spawn faster y’all are nuts. They make the variance longer till the crying stops. Did this in kunark, think one time seb didn’t spawn for almost 3 weeks.... think about it
Oh I'm not saying mobs should spawn more often, I'm saying the windows should be extremely short. That's the only way you'd effectively end poopsocking. 7 day spawns could still be 7 day spawns, just with 10 minute windows instead of 16h windows.

They'll NEVER do that, but it would end poopsocking and guilds that specifically avoid targets where poopsocking is a requirement wouldn't have that barrier to entry anymore.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool implement what I said and make it X day respawn with X day variance on both sides. Still achieves what I'm pointing out.