Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Default Which class would best fill this last group spot?

Some friends have decided to try out EQ for the first time and roll on the Teal server. I told them to choose the classes they all wanted to play, and I'd pick one that would balance the group out. So far we have the following ...

Warrior
Cleric
Enchanter
Necromancer
Mage

Not everyone will be always be in the group because of time zone differences, sometimes we will have the full group going, but other times maybe only 3-4 of us. Considering that, as well as the classes they've all picked. Which class you would some of you guys suggest going to fill up the last group spot with?
Old 11-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Druid. mainly for ports and backup healing, occassionally DPS if it's warranted.

or

Bard. once you have manasong will make that group a lot more efficent, also selos instead of ports.

------------
Edit: i misread your post, thought it said you'd always be playing together. Then certainly druid for a second healer and easilly round up your teammates and get to wherever you want to go when you are on together. forget bard.
Last edited by DMN; 11-30-2019 at 11:03 AM..
Old 11-30-2019, 10:59 AM
Large Bat

Druid for the previously mentioned reason. Nothing better than getting the group in and out of places, espe ially if folks are gonna play at fairly routine times.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Druid
Old 11-30-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Wow, originally I was thinking maybe Monk or Ranger to add some more melee DPS in. Both classes could off-tank or pull, and both help burn the mobs down quicker. Ranger with the added bonus of root to keep my Warrior always having aggro.

Surprised to see most of you saying Druid, but I guess it does make sense. Ports would be nice, and again with root, could help the Warrior.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

You do have both pet- and spell-based dps with necro and mage and enc. druid would also provide SoW, too.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:32 PM
Kobold

That poor warrior is going to have a hell of a time unless you root. Druid can root, off heal and to an extent track. And porting will be really nice. Ranger could fill the role of warr when he’s gone but so could a root with pets. I’d go Druid.

I would also favor in what you wnat to play though; technically anything could go with this group.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Bard and Druid are good recommendation. Choose Shaman over Druid if you think stat buffs are more important than ports.

In the end, you should choose a class assuming that you'll be playing alone after your buddies go back to WoW.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Halfling druid. No other option for this group
Warrior - halfling
Cleric - halfling
Enchanter - gnome
Necromancer - gnome
Mage - gnome
Druid - halfling
Please update screen shots of this power group
Old 11-30-2019, 02:23 PM
Banned

enchanter = 2 charmed pet dps + someone who can root every mob for ezmode aggro on the warrior + a 2nd mezzer for oh shit pulls
Closed Thread