Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-05-2023, 09:30 AM
Orc

Default Devs - Why Can't This Be Fixed/Implemented?

If my spell is interrupted, fine. No complaint about being interrupted in general.

If my cast bar starts and completes, the spell has not been interrupted, else the cast would not complete. If my spell casting has been interrupted, then the cast bar should stop to reflect this, else the spell should execute. It's actually that easy and reasonable. Having the cast indicator run the entire duration of the spell cast time only to say the spell is interrupted, when it hasn't, because it finished casting, is asinine. Please fix this.

Also allow locking bag in place. Everything else locks. Let me lock bags.

I can't fathom how making casting indication work correctly or locking bags would interfere with or wreck the idea of classic EQ.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

try not moving
Old 10-05-2023, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

This is not a game in development. The devs here, 99% of the time, do not make creative choices; they merely work to reproduce EverQuest as it was in 1999, which is full of awkward and finicky mechanics like what you’ve described. No amount of people posting about wanting this or that mechanic changed will influence them to do so.

If you having trouble getting interrupted while casting, one thing you can do is stand against the wall, or, better, in a corner. This makes it harder for enemies to displace you.

Each melee hit moves the target a little bit.

As long as you are in the same place when the spell bar completes as you were when it began, your spell will not be interrupted (unless you get stunned). This does not apply to warriors, monks, or rogues, as they do not have the Channeling ability at all.
Old 10-05-2023, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

To be fair, I would recall if casting was that wonky in Classic and I don't. Same shit with WoW Classic and spellbatching. Not all of us were playing on dial-up.
Old 10-05-2023, 06:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not a game in development. The devs here, 99% of the time, do not make creative choices; they merely work to reproduce EverQuest as it was in 1999, which is full of awkward and finicky mechanics like what you’ve described. No amount of people posting about wanting this or that mechanic changed will influence them to do so.

If you having trouble getting interrupted while casting, one thing you can do is stand against the wall, or, better, in a corner. This makes it harder for enemies to displace you.

Each melee hit moves the target a little bit.

As long as you are in the same place when the spell bar completes as you were when it began, your spell will not be interrupted (unless you get stunned). This does not apply to warriors, monks, or rogues, as they do not have the Channeling ability at all.
This version of EQ is not even close to "vanilla" or original classis and the devs have made many changes to the game over time.

Anyway, I am not talking about being interrupted actually. I am talking about the game allowing the cast to completely continue through the casting cycle, yet at the completion of the cast, a message says (to the effect of), "You begin casting XYZ spell, but your spell was interrupted." If that is true, the cast bar would and should stop at the point of interruption.

It does this when I am hit or stunned, etc., and the cast is interrupted. What I am talking about is casting a spell, not being hit, not moving, the cast bar cycles all the way through, but at the end, there is a mysterious, "you have been interrupted" and the spell doesn't execute. That is not correct.
Also see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, I would recall if casting was that wonky in Classic and I don't. Same shit with WoW Classic and spellbatching. Not all of us were playing on dial-up.
^This^

I am not being hit. I am not moving. I am not being stunned. I played wizard, a druid, a SK and a ranger in original EQ. Never once experienced the issue I am talking about.
Old 10-09-2023, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I believe this relates to channeling being non classic, which IIRC is an issue with the Titanium client and therefore out of the devs/staff's control. Could be wrong though.
Old 10-11-2023, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Anyway, I am not talking about being interrupted actually. I am talking about the game allowing the cast to completely continue through the casting cycle, yet at the completion of the cast, a message says (to the effect of), "You begin casting XYZ spell, but your spell was interrupted." If that is true, the cast bar would and should stop at the point of interruption.

It does this when I am hit or stunned, etc., and the cast is interrupted. What I am talking about is casting a spell, not being hit, not moving, the cast bar cycles all the way through, but at the end, there is a mysterious, "you have been interrupted" and the spell doesn't execute. That is not correct.
When you are hit or stunned, there is a chance that your spell will interrupt immediately. That is one component of spellcasting. Another component, is that you cannot move. This check is done at the end of the spellcast, so it is vital that the spell bar finishes. So they are two different things, and are both classic.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 10-11-2023, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

to add to the obvious "its suppose to be classic" answer, you can actually finish casting without interruption if you return (within tolerance) to the x,y location at the start of the cast.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

sitting/standing very fast and not moving stops that first thing you complained about, assuming you are kiting.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another component, is that you cannot move
You can move, so long as you return to the exact same spot before the cast finishes

Sometimes when I'm casting Shield of the Magi (my longest cast spell), I run all over the place for funsies, then return to the same spot before the spell finishes and it still goes off