Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Default Classic Servers for All Other Games

I thought it would be a good idea to post up some "other" Classic Servers that are out there, and if anyone wants to add to this list just post below and I'll keep it going! Let's try to keep the servers to "quality" shards & servers that have a few hundred players on a regular basis, and good Dev/GM support.

Also, if you play on any of the other shards, post your name so we can hook up and play on those games during downtime here at P99.

"CLASSIC" GAME SERVERS & SHARDS

-----------

EverQuest (EQ)
Project 1999 - www.project1999.org
Legit Classic Progression Server (the way it used to be in '99!)
500+ Players Online Daily

Ultima Online (UO)
Second Age - www.uosecondage.com
Classic T2A UO Server (the way it used to be, like P99 attempts to emulate EQ)
600+ Players Online Daily

UO Gamers: Hybrid - http://www.uogamers.com/
T2A UO Server (modified T2A to be more casual/solo friendly w/ increased skill gain speed & balanced PvP)
800+ Players Online Daily

Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC)
Uthgard - www.uthgard-server.net
Classic DAoC (No Expansions) + SI Classes & Crafting

Star Wars Galaxies (SWG)
SWGEmu - http://www.swgemu.com
Pre CU, NGE - No Housing or Ships (yet)
600+ Logins Daily

Meridian59 (M59)
Meridian59 - http://meridian59.neardeathstudios.com/ -- Game is dead from Near Death
But being kept alive for free here: http://www.gilcon.net/meridian/
One of the First MMORPG's, Online in 1995

-----------

Enjoy!
Last edited by FatMagic; 05-10-2010 at 04:40 PM..
Old 04-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Aviak

Hmm for Ultima Online I thought that UOGamers:Hybrid was the largest/most popular with t2a content being the limit there. But they have taken a population hit, usually only around 800 clients logged in at once when I check now, used to be 1100ish. But you can multibox there too. Just thought I'd mention it

http://uogamers.com/
Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

BLASPHEMY!

Hey whats this, a classic Everquest server?

Project 1999 - www.project1999.org
Legit Classic Progression Server

..oh says the server is down, screw that.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Sarnak

Hybrid is better then that second age shard :P
Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

I believe Hybrid has allowed modifications and changes that stray from the Classic UO:T2A model. But I don't know this for sure, as I haven't played on that server. It was all hearsay from the guys on Second Age (so probably not even true). I will list Hybrid as a Classic Server as well.

I know that Second Age makes it absolutely as close as possible - including some of the original sucking points, such as having to cut up bandages one-by-one instead of in a stack. To me, that is what makes Classic... even the sucky parts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT:
I just read Hybrid's intro, and they state up front that they balanced PvP and have increased skill gain speeds - so they aren't trying to emulate classic 100%. They took the T2A era, and made it more casual friendly.
Last edited by FatMagic; 04-06-2010 at 10:09 PM..
Old 04-06-2010, 10:37 PM
Aviak

Ya thats true - Actually there used to be this server called Metropolis - This was like Second Age and had slow skill-gains and no t2a content as far as I can remember.

It was heavily pvp-focused - Unfortunately that server ended up dying out, but they held pvp tournaments weekly from what I recall. It was fun times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Aviak

UO Second Age is far more accurate than Hybrid.

Hybrid is kind of stupid, people got Beetles and Unicorns and there lumberjack warriors.

I'm interested in trying that Uthgard DAOC server if P1999 will be down a while.

Right now im playing PEQ.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Orc

http://meridian59.neardeathstudios.com/

Meridian 59, Love it.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
UO Second Age is far more accurate than Hybrid.

Hybrid is kind of stupid, people got Beetles and Unicorns and there lumberjack warriors.

I'm interested in trying that Uthgard DAOC server if P1999 will be down a while.

Right now im playing PEQ.
That's what I had heard as well about Hybrid, hence why I didn't feel it was too classic. But I'll keep it on the list for now unless everyone votes them off the island [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Banned

As a DAoC veteran that played since beta (when every mob was a nisse and all nukes had the fire wizard graphics) all the way until Labyrinth... Uthgard is a pretty cool server except for the fact it's literally as slow, if not slower, than original DAoC. Something there seems a bit fishy in that aspect.

If anyone actually is interested in playing there and leveling up, I'd be down for a Midgard group. Would need a shaman and tank class at the very least. An ideal group for PVE would be a war/thane, healer, skald, shaman, rm, sm.
Closed Thread