Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Kobold

So I was bored this afternoon and I filled in the Velious parts. I grey'd it out of coarse since its all to be added stuff.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Ok anyone want to fill in some gaps for me, the map of Veeshan's Peak says it has portals out to East Freeport and to Plane of Sky.

This post here. http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=6672 States portals to East Freeport, Plane of Sky, Swamp of No Hope and Skyfire exist inside this zone.

Can anyone confirm/deny which portals to which zones exist here. Thanks.

Also I'm aware the safehouse forum is from 2004 so it may not be classic accurate.
Last edited by sivax; 06-03-2012 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: adding link
Old 06-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Lguk has a one way zone out to swamp. there is no zone out from pohate (though there isn't really any way to show this on your map). and the zone from OT to Charasis might as well be one way. I know there is a zone out, but unless you are a rogue or have a rogue with you, and can get to the zone out safely, its pretty much a one way ticket

edit: you could also add in a grey'd out surefall port, since it will be included with velious
Old 06-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Adding the port to surefall grey'd out.

as for Lguk zone out. the wiki states:

Quote:
11. Froglok King Room - The bad-assesed monster in Lower Guk, the King is a level 47 paladin, has at four guards, including boks and kors. He's got a ton of hit points, plus a lay hands. Behind him is a zone to upper guk, which takes you to the Innothule entrance of Upper Guk. It makes a very good escape from bad pulls or a king fight gone horribly wrong. It's faster than evacing, since the tanks don't have to run from South Ro. Occasionally, one of the guards spawns the Froglok Tactician, a high level wizard
Your right it is basically the Swamp, but gonna just leave it as is. Since its does not take you directly to that zone.

As for Charasis, I'm pretty sure there is a portal out in the south and east wings at least. Can someone confirm this.
Last edited by sivax; 06-03-2012 at 12:51 PM..
Old 06-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

not sure about live, but on p99 the lguk live side zone out takes you to the swamp, just outside uguk. i've camped the king a few times and used it.

i guess my point with charasis is that while they is a zone out, its nearly impossible to get to. i've only been to the end of north and west myself, so not sure where the south and east ports take you (north and west bring you back to the zone in). The east portal for sure has no key to the door. so technically yes, there is a zone out afaik, but it is very rarely used and if you zone into HS by yourself, you'll likely have to wait for a port to get out. its a special zone for sure. not sure how VP works, but I would guess its similar to that, where if the dragons are up, or you don't have invis, you won't be able to just easily get to the zone out. chardok/seb are sorta similar, but the zone outs are a bit easier to get to'

edit: maybe add a special marking for zones where the zone in and zone out aren't in the same place (seb, HS, chardok, vp, etc)?

you could also add a symbol for zones that require keys. i dont know how it works exactly, but i think you also need keys to be taken in some of the velious ports, no? this would help with velious especially, when it comes out.

PS great map [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Handull; 06-03-2012 at 01:26 PM..
Old 06-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Project Manager

Nice work.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

For the ways out of Veeshan's Peak:

PoSky, Skyfire Mountains, and Swamp of No Hope I will confirm do exist. I haven't personally tried any of the other 3 "out" portals.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure about live, but on p99 the lguk live side zone out takes you to the swamp, just outside uguk. i've camped the king a few times and used it.

i guess my point with charasis is that while they is a zone out, its nearly impossible to get to. i've only been to the end of north and west myself, so not sure where the south and east ports take you (north and west bring you back to the zone in). The east portal for sure has no key to the door. so technically yes, there is a zone out afaik, but it is very rarely used and if you zone into HS by yourself, you'll likely have to wait for a port to get out. its a special zone for sure. not sure how VP works, but I would guess its similar to that, where if the dragons are up, or you don't have invis, you won't be able to just easily get to the zone out. chardok/seb are sorta similar, but the zone outs are a bit easier to get to'

edit: maybe add a special marking for zones where the zone in and zone out aren't in the same place (seb, HS, chardok, vp, etc)?

you could also add a symbol for zones that require keys. i dont know how it works exactly, but i think you also need keys to be taken in some of the velious ports, no? this would help with velious especially, when it comes out.

PS great map [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright some updates, Since you can confirm the LGuk > Swamp zone out I added that. Added a indication that the zones are locked (aka you need a key to enter), I know the Hole can be entered by small races but figured I would just say you need a key to simplify things.

Also for the HS/Veeshan's Peak I added an indication that zone out is not easily reached so that should help. Seb/Chardok are easy enough to exit, if your going deep into a dungeon you know porting out is usually the only way. The exits on these two is easy enough for any solo player to reach and leave from.

Oh and as for Plane of Hate, so far the only zone that I can tell has no zone out what so ever. I put it in its own special circle. Now that I think about it I should prob add a circle around Plane of Fear like I did with HS/VP since its not a zone you can exit solo I would think. Though an exit does exist.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

with pofear, if part of the zone is clear, but the temple is popped, you can fairly easily agro the temple, kite them around, and run back into the temple and zone out...just don't make a wrong turn :P

and yeah, there is no zone out for pohate, but does that change with hate 2.0? i'm not sure

edit: one idea, maybe for zones with different zone-in/zone-out, instead of one line connecting them, put two one way arrows. then you don't have to really mark VP or HS as special, but it lets people know they can't just peak their head in to check out the zone without precaution...also the zone in for HS and pofear have agro, which is fairly unique.

sorry if it seems like i'm trying to make your map more complicated...it might be better just to keep things simple. its nice that the high end zones aren't all exactly the same, and that each has its own unique features/challenges
Last edited by Handull; 06-03-2012 at 02:04 PM..
Old 06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice work.
Glad to hear you like it.
Closed Thread