Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

If you want to reimmerse yourselves, don't level your alts to 60... keep a good range, wait for winter and re-explore Velious properly.

KC is terrible, especially if you're an LFG tank.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Probably my favorite end game zone because the crawl is so fun and the loot is pretty decent. Not the best drops compared to other dungeons, but quantity makes up for quality, plus there's still a couple upgrades for people there.

But if you're the sort who goes to KC sits down at the zone in and types /lfg, The Hole probably isn't for you.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never been too fond of The Hole.
Why?
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgazm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Hole is great, but the fact that you may need a key if you're not a spell caster makes it a turn-off, I think.
My friend and I just spent 20 minutes making erudite alts with funny names and went and bought the key. Sat the guy next to the door and we just let each other in. Simple if you plan on going in a few times. Plus if your a small race yourself you can let your group in and go in after getting back on your main.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish but the zone actually takes skill and plays out like a video game since you have to crawl through the zone. The player base here is too lazy to actually go places that have some challenge and would rather have the path of least resistance.
/end thread

The Hole is actually the easiest/fastest dungeon to get to (pretty much tied with HS if you have an OT hammer.) If you have a crew together you can be moving the XP bar within 15 minutes instead of the classic "yeah man, lets get a Seb group together" and you don't start to kill anything for (at least) an hour.

The zonein and dropoff is great for high 40s/low 50s xp with nice Loam drops and potential but rare goodies off the first Rock Golem. It is often open. Its an excellent grind spot.

The city is dangerous and the XP seems a bit slow mid 50s cause pulling lots of mobs isn't really the best idea there. If you get to the Dock you can set up a nice spot for some pulls and move the bar. Getting past the cleric that CHs through walls in the city is a challenge that will catch nubs off guard. Also a challenge is safely single pulling mobs on the way thru the city to the docks (Flux Staff FTW) The issue here is that compared to HS the XP is slow.

The undead tower is excellent XP and loots for high 50s and easy to get to if you drop in the hole. I jump in on Wizard and I never die, I duck before I land (everyone seems to have their own trick lol) Again, you are at the tower in 15 minutes after you get your port to Tox.

The two easiest and fastest zones to reach are also the least populous. Like many elements of P99, it doesn't make much sense. People can share all the secrets they want about the Hole but it will never blow up because you have to port there and it is dangerous (I.e. it is not LCY). HS is a bit more busy these days, but still has low population and it won't blow up because nub.

TL/DR - Hole is awesome and it greatly rewards the few who are brave and skilled enough to successfully navigate it. It will never be overcrowded because it keeps the riff-raff out by design.

<The A-Team>
Old 02-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Skeleton

Hole Secrets:
1) Even melee can get out without a porter - It takes a good group (not great just good) to get to the teleport room.
2) Bring an enchanter that isn't afraid to charm. There are a couple named mobs that are rogues and backstab for 400+.
3) Bring a warrior that isn't afraid to pull. 8 mobs is not too many.
4) CRs are easy - A level 1 rogue that worhips Brell Serellis can make it all the way to the bottom of the Hole. Only rats and ghosts are aggro and they do not see through sneak/hide. With the right macro, you can drag the whole group up in one shot.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to reimmerse yourselves, don't level your alts to 60... keep a good range, wait for winter and re-explore Velious properly.

KC is terrible, especially if you're an LFG tank.
I made this thread since my ranger hit 51 and actually have been saying I should probably just hang him up till velious so I don't waste my time being jaded when I could be having fun in winter wonderland.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

yeah, fuck all those lazy pieces of shit in KC! the reason nobody goes to the hole is because everyone else except me is lazy!!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, fuck all those lazy pieces of shit in KC! the reason nobody goes to the hole is because everyone else except me is lazy!!
Your post history is incredibly toxic and snarky. I think you'd be a lot happier if you started acting nicer towards others.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Sarnak

As a fan of The Hole, this thread is pretty great. Tuljin and Raghnar particularly had some great info on the zone I did not know. I'm thinking we should get this group going! I have quite a few friends who I already go to The Hole with regularly but we always seem to have a few spots open.

With that said, anyone who wishes to try to get a group together feel free to message me anytime !