Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I petitioned the 20th for my husband and I. I even bugged Rogean with a PM, but nothing has happened, so I guess we'll just have to continue on being patient. In the meantime, I'll work on leveling my cleric, I guess. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Large Bat

Does your account sync with an IP and you can only login from that? I don't think that is the case as most people don't have static IPs. I ask as I just talked my brother into playing. He is going to come down to Texas to spend some time with me and the wife. She has an exemption submitted for herself but would we need to request a temporary exemption for him for the week he is here?

I don't know how this works and I don't want to make a petition and cause more work for the dev's than is required.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by valorborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She has an exemption submitted for herself but would we need to request a temporary exemption for him for the week he is here?
AFAIK yes, you need an exemption for whatever account is being accessed from the shared IP - so if there's three accounts being accessed from one IP, get exemptions for all of them. This means you need to get him a eqemu login before he arrives of course.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad you asked!

Yes, there is. I've got all sorts of neat tricks, and most of them, I can do without you ever knowing that I did them. Most of those take ~5 minutes. If you fail those, I'm still going to watch 45 mins to 2 hours before doing anything.

Of the 5 or so reports today, only 2 failed. We don't just ban on suspicion, and there's about a page of documentation + multimedia evidence when we do.

It's not like we sit around hunting down 2boxers. TBH those, and camp disputes are the most epic wastes of time in the game. I stay logged in while I work on other things in case someone has an emergency. Most emergencies I can handle in seconds. But every time someone decides to break a rule, I spend an hour doing paperwork on the crap. Every hour I spend doing paperwork is an hour I'm not testing Kunark. Keep it in mind folks.
Just out of curiosity, does the staff need any other help testing Kunark? I'd be happy lend a hand in whatever capacity you need. Or, is it just guides you are using? -because I really don't have the time or interest to do that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just out of curiosity, does the staff need any other help testing Kunark? I'd be happy lend a hand in whatever capacity you need. Or, is it just guides you are using? -because I really don't have the time or interest to do that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ditto!

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nother [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone help mei want to 2box Eq p1999 but it blocks me playing . anyone know how to alow me to play 2 accounts at the same time?

Nother. 11 monk[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed.

I'm sure it's completely unfair that I automatically assume this is the case. But you have to admit, the likelihood that the number of "wives" who have been the subject of an IP exemption on this server is vehemently disproportionate to the number of females who actually play MMOs....let alone MMOs on Project 1999....

Also, Kevin Bacon WAS in Footloose.
Last edited by eqdruid76; 09-03-2010 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Added Kevin Bacon info
Old 09-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

well mine used to play an enchanter... in fact she met a french guy and stopped grouping with me lol

trying to get to to play again buy can't until we can both play at the same time. she wont solo
Old 09-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

I play regulary with my brother and most of the time only when he's on. For us, the fun of the game was playing together as we didn't really dig it too much solo felt like it was kinda dumb to pay for a mmo to play solo. So unless we really need to buy or sell something or are really bored we usually only play when esach other can to stay within level.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

My GF is an ex WoW player. I started on EQ back at launch. played until EQ2 came out then off to SWG when it came out. I was playing 1999 when my GF asked: "Since it is free foryou to play, can I get on and play with you?" Yeah so now i got my exception and all is grand we are both playing high elves. She is a mage and I a edit: Druid. However SHE told me that she will not be speaking with anyone else. (shes shy) However from our in game actions it should be obvious that we are not two boxing. besides when i play alone I solo a druid or a monk. I two-boxed my ex-wifes healer back in the day on LIVE but it was a pain in the ass for me to do so. while it has it's benefits. I think it is better to just play honest. Thinking about starting a Couples Guild.

hope it was ok to necro-post this

PS she talks to people now.
Last edited by Engraverwilliam; 10-04-2010 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: re-rolled from pally to a druid
Old 10-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Large Rat

OP - did you ever get the exemption? sorry if you said so and i missed it. I requested one 7 days ago.
Closed Thread