Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default SK starting stat allocation

Is the wiki correct for each of the races? It says to just dump points int STA regardless of race, except the two races who require 5 AGI to avoid AC penalty.

Seems like even as Ogre / Troll: STA/STR is unnecessary and points should be spent on AGI/DEX/INT

For the other races maybe you need to dump STA?

Is this best formula for starting stat allocation?

Max(255) - Shaman buffs - Gear (Planar/Tier'Dal?) = Minimum number needed to reach max

This is entirely a Min/Maxing question. SO please if you more technical mathematicians could assist me with understanding that would be great.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Shaman buffs

Maniacal Strength - 68 STR
Mortal Deftness - 60 DEX
Riotous Health - 50 STA
Deliriously Nimble - 52 AGI
Old 03-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Taken from Wiki
Umbral Platemail is the planar armor set for Shadow Knights. It drops in the Plane of Fear. A full set gives +130 AC, +35 HP, +35 Mana, +28 STR, +14 STA, +5 AGI, +24 DEX, +5 WIS, +20 INT, +13 PR/DR, +10 MR/FR/CR.

Of course this gear might not be BiS. Although being a simpleton and asking this question of course I do not know what the BiS is yet.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not an SK, but I would think as a Troll/Ogre I would make sure I reached the AGI cap and dump the rest in INT.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Orc

From a pure Min/Max standpoint, make sure your agi is 75+ then dump the rest into chrisma. No im not kidding. It effects DI and is the single hardest stat to raise on an SK thru gear/buffs. Once velious hits, the other stats are much easier to raise thru gear.

Thats pure min/ max stand point though. Really get agi to 75 then do what you want, int = more mana + trade skills besides smithing, str = hit more, smithing, sta = more hps (but not really till end game)

Hope that helps.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Sarnak

Having played an Dark Elf SK on live from 1999-2004, I felt I had very little to no disadvantage at all compared to other races.

I am a non epiced 56 DE SK. With raid buffs in higher end gear, Umbral; (Missing Epic items such as bp and earring), I have no issues getting stats close to...

255str
153sta
145agi
140dex
180int

To me, where I lack the most is STA. I would put my points into it. And also if you look at the gear out there, Teir'Dal crafted, the Orge crafted, or droppable stuff, STA doesnt come in leaps and bounds.
Last edited by Roguejm11; 03-26-2015 at 03:13 PM..
Old 03-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anelion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like even as Ogre / Troll: STA/STR is unnecessary and points should be spent on AGI/DEX/INT
SKs don't need DEX for aggro.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

As a 60 epic troll Shadowknight, I maxed out my INT and never looked back. Just wearing a decent set of gear, plus shaman buffs, was always enough to cap STR and get 200+ STA. I never felt the returns on 40-50 STA (which is something like 130-150 HP at 60) would outweigh the extra mana leveling from 1-60. Granted, I did solo a lot so I did what I needed to do to make things easier on myself.

I can, however, safely say that in any situation where I would have died, an extra 150 hp would not have saved me but the extra mana gave me more leeway for one last FD.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 04-16-2015, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

ive got a 56 ogre sk. when you look at a lot of the really cool 2h they have procs and sometimes chain proccing makes me as happy as a great FD, and can change a 6 man battle by giving a burst of utility or damage.

the aggro is soley from shadow vortex and disease cloud, neither take real mana. the mana is mostly for FD and lifetaps and snares. emergencies, long term chain pull grinds, or CC.

when your hp is zero, it doesnt matter how much mana you have. also, there will be a ton of INT gear (more than you will want or need), and a decent amount of +dex gear. +25 STA on a item would be stronnng. literally the difference between lets say 1900hp and 2050hp at some point. probably a 5-7% boost in HP, which makes it look like youre a lot more tanky on the party box.

the other thing i notice is AGI on a ogre is very low, and any boost in this stat i notice im getting missed a lot more, and there isnt a ton of gear out there for agi. ontop of this some gear is -agi like fungi or rod of mourning. so this is my second pick after STA for that reason.

i did +20dex because i want to proc like a madman with rom, earthshaker, epic, gravebinder, and beyond. i also had a good twink set that allowed the other stats to be pretty decent besides AGI. theres something special about proccing for 1-2k with earthshaker in one fight.

for instance: i hit for 24-90 on a ebon mace
earthshaker procs for 246 dmg to ever mob nearby, so 2 mobs is 500 and 3 mobs is 750 dmg. how many times do u have to hit something with an ebon mace to =500-750 dmg? you will most certainly be counting those procs with glee and never forget them, especially if you break 1-2k dmg as a knight in one fight. the lifetaps with the epic could be sweet, too.

i also convinced myself at the time i did the dex dump that it converted the spell tap procs to increase, giving me hp/minute over just the raw hp of sta.

so, in short, go sta if you want to have 150 more hp, agi if you want to get hit ~1% less often, and dex if you want to do entertaining things with a 2h wayyyyy down the road and have the items to bolster your other stats while u get said 2hers.

and ogres and trolls are slightly different in stats allocation.

and yes eurdites and de's have about 500 more mana than me if they feel like being nuts and casting a whole bunch, maybe they need more lifetaps. but you can use blood ember boots and cut down on your mana consumption considerabley. once you get to about 100int its sort of gravey and for funsies.

enjoy the knight!
Last edited by holsteinrx7; 04-17-2015 at 12:01 AM..
Old 04-17-2015, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a 60 epic troll Shadowknight, I maxed out my INT and never looked back. Just wearing a decent set of gear, plus shaman buffs, was always enough to cap STR and get 200+ STA. I never felt the returns on 40-50 STA (which is something like 130-150 HP at 60) would outweigh the extra mana leveling from 1-60. Granted, I did solo a lot so I did what I needed to do to make things easier on myself.

I can, however, safely say that in any situation where I would have died, an extra 150 hp would not have saved me but the extra mana gave me more leeway for one last FD.
very true. the extra mana is much better for soloing and FDING which is so needed when soloing as things get down to the wire. when in a group the CH from cleric likes the 150 hp for efficiency and you have clarity, too. clarity is like infinite mana with a sk, esp with the blood ember boots.