Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should we change classic-mechanics here to allow more guilds access to raid content?
Yes 75 42.13%
No 103 57.87%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am still interested in hearing proposals for better end game systems. In the past, I have tried to comment on the ones I thought were good and still in the spirit of classic, non-instanced raiding.

If there was a perfect system in which raid targets spawned simultaneously within a certain window:

• Would guilds still poopsock?
  • Would a single guild still get most of the targets?
From what I've seen, raiding guilds on p99 have far greater numbers than were historically on my eqlive server. I would hate to make a system that somehow made things worse :T

Anyways, keep up the proposals. Hopefully something is suggested that supports more guilds getting targets without diminishing competition.
Not so much a solution to poopsocking, but more of a solution to offload "referee" burden from the guides/GMs:

Is there a compelling reason (except for "its not classic1!!1") why a zonewide shout by a raid mob indicating FTE and return to target seek mode could not be implemented? Then, the guides dont have to waste time trying to sort out what happened and transferring loot around, and no one can rules-lawyer FTE. Or even a death message that indicates who had FTE during the encounter that led to its death (although the preference would be knowing FTE at the beginning of the encounter so you can pull your raid force and let your opponent reap the consequence of their premature engage.)

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

If the 1-hour window was known to everyone, then a lot of people would be online for it. Sure some people will be at work or otherwise busy IRL but this is the best chance I see for multiple guilds having raid forces ready to go when stuff pops.

And then say we've got that 1-hour window and every mob is going to pop at some point in that window. There's all kinds of room for things to play out in a ton of different ways with that, I think.

Guilds could make a choice to try to find out what's up and then mobilize quickly, or they could pick 1-2 targets that they really want and sock them (guess you can't call it poopsocking when it only takes an hour, lol). Guilds could get lucky with spawns and log in to their highest priority target being right there, guilds could get unlucky. Etc.

The idea someone else mentioned about you always log back into a zone at the zone-in after the server is down for this repop thing seems to have merit too. Can't log in fear, it boots you into feerott. Can't log at ledge (or even have coth there), it boots you to zone. Etc.

Trak is a less appealing target suddenly because of the work to get down to him. But at the same time, you can't just leave him alone and go kill other stuff because someone else might come down and fight for him. Sure TMO can get back over there and probably leapfrog to trak, but in the meantime how many other bosses have died?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Banned

We've tried to make a ruleset that would benefit everyone and promote healthy competition. (Read: not poopsocking zerg-style)

TMOs current members are part of the guilds who refused to follow these guidelines made by the players and actually made the situation worse. Now that VP is open season for them to exploit and train away without punishment, there is little hope of any legitimacy being regained via any player-made agreements.

GMs need to do it, and not limpwrist any punishments handed out for offenders. (Such as suspending a guild for exploiting Nagafen, rather than banning them permanently as they should have been...that kind of limpwristing)
Old 05-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be all for forced rotations on this server
Of course you would, because you and everyone else seem to have zero motivation to do anything for yourselves. Just do yourself a favor and reinstall WoW. This game is obviously far too competitive for you.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Banned

Jimes thinks training and poopsocking is competition...lol

You're so bad at EQ. I wonder who your character is.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

HIYO, I'm sorry you feel the need to troll me. If you have any issues with my posts on a private forum, please post them there. I will state that I am no more committed to applying to TMO than I am to any other raid guild, as is clear where it matters. Right now, my #1 priority is my upcoming wedding, so any raid guild would have to wait until I'm done with that stress (ugh, wedding) and joy (yay, honeymoon), because I will not have the time to devote to the game with those two major events in my life.

My posts have resulted in outright trolling and I've already offered my suggestions to the original topic.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callnoutthenewbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be nice so 1 guild doesnt take all the endgame dragons
Cause after all most of us are here to experience things we didnt get to on live right?

or a rotation on trak to start

KEEP DREAMIN GIRLY BOY
Old 05-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're so bad at EQ. I wonder who your character is.

herp de derp dur

ironic
Old 05-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course you would, because you and everyone else seem to have zero motivation to do anything for yourselves. Just do yourself a favor and reinstall WoW. This game is obviously far too competitive for you.
I take offense to your remark. Please don't be insulting.

I like EQ as a cooperative game, the game it was designed to be. Killing a dragon with your friends is fun. I don't play WoW, because I just don't like it. It's too repetitive and the encounters just aren't that engaging.

What I don't like is how content to the end game is arbitrarily blocked by one guild because they want "competition" in a game that was designed by nature to be cooperative.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

All i see in this post is fucking whining from people who never put in the work to compete. You want something? BOO HOO I WANT VP LOOT. fucking take it and stop complaining. We did. Honestly no sympathy at all for anything said by the other side. And no, this game isn't supposed to be 100% cooperative. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron.

You know what would fix the QQing? Keeping new content rolling close to the original timeline. Guilds move on and older raid/end game content is then made more easily accessible for other players. EQ is supposed to be an EVOLVING game. Any hinderance to it's evolution will cause problems and kick up server drama like this. TMO has handed several targets over on a silver platter over the past month, and all I see is more whining. Take your handouts with one hand gladly and QQ some more with your other hand.
Last edited by Fountree; 05-08-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Closed Thread