Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertname [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it seems to work ok, coning is way off lol, greens are white.... So far everything is white. I went and got a new laptop and is a fresh install. Dual core amd phenom ii, amd (ati) radion gfx chip 4250 (laptop chip). So far all settings maxed and such, hell i can even see the sky now lol.
Also noticed that cons are not ALL white however in the ferrot they are until a higher con (vs player level) however in gfay its not so prominent.

When inspecting a player the item "icons" are empty or completely wrong yet the mouse over is still ok.
Also any /who <variable> returns /who <all>
Old 07-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

/who is somewhat broken, yes.

If your inspect is broken, it's because you're using a Titanium UI. Don't. Some EQTypes have changed and it won't work quite properly. Your inventory display will be missing a bag slot, for sure.

Consider colours have changed slightly, yes. The level range is different. Green doesn't mean no xp anymore, gray does. Most mobs that are green are really light blue. Most mobs that are light blue are really dark blue. If you want to see the colour they used to be with Titanium, you can always change the level range on your target indicator by editing your UI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Fire Giant

My sig contains a working default and velious UI for the SoF client.
Last edited by Savok; 07-30-2011 at 09:19 AM..
Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

Also, see here for a version of my modified Vert UI that works with SoF.

Quote:
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Aviak

ok did that, all seems ok save for the transparencies for the enchanters pet, this pinkish wood elf model holding the sword and shield. heh.

I used the luclin gems icons, and ran around conning things which seems all better. Thanks for the advice.

That all said I do seem to be using the Titanium client more, but sometiems I just cant look at my oger shamy anymore and have to use SOF heh.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

is the sof client not working with the most recent patch, or am i doing something wrong?
Old 08-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

There is more wrong with the SoF client now. Many clickies / spells aren't working. I've submitted a bug, but... it isn't supported, so who knows what may come of this.

The client itself does still work, though, yes. What issues are you having?

Quote:
Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

it was my mistake. it was a wine problem (dll error). i got it working.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Large Rat

I can answer the question as to why.

I like the mechanics of the game.

I have come back and played for a while now and for the most part enjoy the graphics and models retro feel. But the trolls for example are not to my liking. Maybe its cause i made a SK troll in luclin era graphics, but its just too wide and clunky compared to the other races. I would upgrade just so i could make a troll and ejoy how i look.

But the mechanics of the game would be the same.

I guess my feelings are, that since this isnt a server issue, its a client issue, no one will be forced to see anything they dont want. This solidly falls in the same camp as loading a custom UI. Changes the game in no way, only makes it more enjoyable for the person doing it.

Im real tempted, i am just worried about the bugs.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Has anything changed with this? Does this work now, or are there still a ton of bugs with it?

From what i've read it seems to be quite buggy. But my wife would love the difference.

Hope someone can reply and let me know.

Thanks for your time