Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 11:13 PM
Aviak

Banking and selling in Neriak is easy once you are 34 and have Call of Bones: Fill 3 or 4 backpacks with red wine and do the Bottle of Red Wine quest.

The guard faction needs a lot of turn ins to raise to dubious (1 bottle at a time. Using 4 x 1 or even 4 x 4 doesn't work, probably a bug). By the time you are dunious with the guards (doesn't apply to 3rd Gate, guards there can be on guild factions as well) the vendors should consider you as an ally. - Just con Lokar, but make sure that you are safe with the guards as well when you are done.

Call of Bones alone raises faction in Neriak enough to be not killed - with the notable exception of the Necro and SK guild sadly. They are not deceived by the illusion. In Neriak Commons roams a wizard who is on the Necro guild's faction. Once you are down in the Underground you are safe. Be careful or use invis when you are running around above.
Last edited by Chryorn; 05-28-2018 at 11:15 PM..
Old 05-28-2018, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm currently level 9. I'll probably hit Kurns Tower until I'm at least 12 or 16.

Would that be a good time to find a port to Toxx? Or should I wait until a later level to grind faction?
16+ probably if you're going to Warrens to farm faction ^^

It's a long process, easier the higher level you are as the pet can kill faster ^^
Old 05-29-2018, 02:30 AM
Sarnak

I had my necro in kerns until 20, the got a port to Tox and went into the warrens. My pet had a fun time killing doggies.
They really like me in Pain So anytime I need to bank I get a port to tox.

You can make some plat in pain as well.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:57 AM
Sarnak

Once you get call of bones, you can bank/vendor in neriak, and I think grobb/oggok as well.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banking and selling in Neriak is easy once you are 34 and have Call of Bones: Fill 3 or 4 backpacks with red wine and do the Bottle of Red Wine quest.

The guard faction needs a lot of turn ins to raise to dubious (1 bottle at a time. Using 4 x 1 or even 4 x 4 doesn't work, probably a bug). By the time you are dunious with the guards (doesn't apply to 3rd Gate, guards there can be on guild factions as well) the vendors should consider you as an ally. - Just con Lokar, but make sure that you are safe with the guards as well when you are done.

Call of Bones alone raises faction in Neriak enough to be not killed - with the notable exception of the Necro and SK guild sadly. They are not deceived by the illusion. In Neriak Commons roams a wizard who is on the Necro guild's faction. Once you are down in the Underground you are safe. Be careful or use invis when you are running around above.
Question - would the benefit for doing this quest = being able to vend and bank *without* Call of Bones up?

I'm working my way up to lvl 34 on my Ikky Necro and probably got ripped off buying CoB in EC -- however, I was pumped at the notion of opening up banking/vending spots. Just curious if you guys have experience with this, thanks!
Old 06-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question - would the benefit for doing this quest = being able to vend and bank *without* Call of Bones up?

I'm working my way up to lvl 34 on my Ikky Necro and probably got ripped off buying CoB in EC -- however, I was pumped at the notion of opening up banking/vending spots. Just curious if you guys have experience with this, thanks!
I've found that Call of Bones allows me to vendor and bank in Evil cities. For example, Oggok is a city I use a lot.

You have to watch your health though. Ironically it's easier to keep your health up when in combat, so you don't pay attention to CoB life drain as much.

Seeing your health drop to 10% while you're deep in an unfriendly city can cause slight panic attacks.

As far as Freeport goes, as a Iksar Necro you can give the Necro guildmaster 4 bone chips and you can sell and train in the sewers.

Banking in North Freeport is incredibly easy. Just invis to the bank, stand on the other side of the wall next to the bankers, face the door and 3rd person zoom out until you can click on a banker and voila...you can bank. You can also FD if you want to feel extra safe.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Thank you DinoTriz! Great to know. I am looking forward to using Call of Bones and will take your advice on the guildmaster in the Freeport sewers.

Lol, funny that "the sewers" in both Qeynos and Freeport are the best places for an Ikky Necro to take a swim
Old 06-11-2018, 08:50 AM
Aviak

What level are you?

The truth is, old world factions don't really matter much at all. FD banking allows you to bank anywhere. Sell druid rings pre-kunark (watch out for hostile druids). Buy food using an alt and drop transferring or sell that way too. Some zones merchants will allow you to sell in illusion: skeleton. Pick up cha cheap cha gear where you can find it.

When you're 50 get a worker's sledgemallet via charm and you can hammer back to OT as much as you like. Also, if you join a guild, you can find free ports back to EJ most likely.

AFAIK, Paineel, Grobb, Oggok, Qeynos Sewer required 0 faction for me, just lllusion skeleton to sell... only sometimes. Qeynos sewers no one cared. Neriak isn't the friendliest place to an Iksar. On Faydwer, i'd always sell at the druid rings. To get into Paineel is as easy as popping illusion skeleton and charming a guard outside.
Last edited by Asaer.Nil; 06-11-2018 at 08:55 AM..
Closed Thread