Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

I think I made probably 1-1.5 million selling power levels over a few years, but I don't think I ever had more than like 400K on me at once.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I made probably 1-1.5 million selling power levels over a few years, but I don't think I ever had more than like 400K on me at once.
Oh yah you are pretty good PL

Heard a lot of good things from you =)
Old 10-29-2020, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like main way people get rich on this server is by doing the following

>Be a 60 Enchanter
>Have no job/no life
>Sell MQs or poopsock camps
>Tunnelquest all day
The question didn't ask about getting rich though...it asked about getting 500k. There is a big difference between "rich" and having 500k on blue.

I know how snobby it sounds to say 500k isn't much money to most newer players...but really it isn't that much if you've been playing for years on a static server.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like main way people get rich on this server is by doing the following

>Be a 60 Enchanter
>Have no job/no life
>Sell MQs or poopsock camps
>Tunnelquest all day
Pretty much
Old 10-29-2020, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question didn't ask about getting rich though...it asked about getting 500k. There is a big difference between "rich" and having 500k on blue.

I know how snobby it sounds to say 500k isn't much money to most newer players...but really it isn't that much if you've been playing for years on a static server.
I mean, to me, 500k is considered to be "rich'

Not everyone has 500k+ sitting in their bank

Even as someone who plays on this server a lot and is somewhat dedicated would

not have 500k+ plat unless they got lucky on loot drops or something

500k+ plat takes dedication or being very lucky
Old 10-29-2020, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean, to me, 500k is considered to be "rich'

Not everyone has 500k+ sitting in their bank

Even as someone who plays on this server a lot and is somewhat dedicated would

not have 500k+ plat unless they got lucky on loot drops or something

500k+ plat takes dedication or being very lucky
Like I said, 500k sounds like a lot...but there is a big difference between the 500k crowd and the big hitters on the server. There are truly rich folks who make single trades worth 500k.

I'd guess that about 20% of the server has (or could easily liquidate droppable gear in EC) about 500k at their disposal. Top 20% is wealthy, but not rich imo...the 1% crowed is WAY wealthier than 500k.

It is all relative I guess.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

I'm bar far and away not the richest person on the server but I have had > 1mil on my banker on multiple occasions and I can tell you one thing is for certain; more money can be made in EC than at any camp.

When I first hit 60 on the ENC I farmed HS and PoM for months saving up enough to buy items that were, at the time for me, exceptionally expensive, like PoM robe. For a long time I would farm for a solid month, then buy something for around 40k, then do it again. This worked for about a year.

Then I transitioned to selling LR in SG which was good when there were buyers but absolutely abysmal when there were not. So I moved to killing elementals which cost me more money than I made and took over a year to really become profitable. None of this was ever as good as just farming BM or something else.

Then at one point or another I got to about 200k and I bought a zheart for 120k, which I then promptly sold for 175. I did this type of thing a few times until I had 400k, which I used to buy a manastone. (I know, right?) Which I promptly sold for 600k. I very rapidly learned that EC is by far the best pp/hr, if you can bring yourself to sit there all damn day. Also, the blue economy I think is overall worse for this now than it was in years past.

TLDR; there are no shortcuts. Find a good camp. Do it forever. Find a good LR or MQ. Do it forever. Or sit in EC forever.

There are no shortcuts in EQ.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

/SHRUG
Old 10-29-2020, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah...the 1% crowd probably had like 4-10 million in platinum a few years back. I wouldn't be surprised if the top 1% is now like 10-15 million, assuming they've been playing consistently for like a decade.

I remember Nordenwatch got super pissed when one of the GMs announced his character Teleportation he had the most platinum on him of any character, as people started to bug him a lot.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiter02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm bar far and away not the richest person on the server but I have had > 1mil on my banker on multiple occasions and I can tell you one thing is for certain; more money can be made in EC than at any camp.

When I first hit 60 on the ENC I farmed HS and PoM for months saving up enough to buy items that were, at the time for me, exceptionally expensive, like PoM robe. For a long time I would farm for a solid month, then buy something for around 40k, then do it again. This worked for about a year.

Then I transitioned to selling LR in SG which was good when there were buyers but absolutely abysmal when there were not. So I moved to killing elementals which cost me more money than I made and took over a year to really become profitable. None of this was ever as good as just farming BM or something else.

Then at one point or another I got to about 200k and I bought a zheart for 120k, which I then promptly sold for 175. I did this type of thing a few times until I had 400k, which I used to buy a manastone. (I know, right?) Which I promptly sold for 600k. I very rapidly learned that EC is by far the best pp/hr, if you can bring yourself to sit there all damn day. Also, the blue economy I think is overall worse for this now than it was in years past.

TLDR; there are no shortcuts. Find a good camp. Do it forever. Find a good LR or MQ. Do it forever. Or sit in EC forever.

There are no shortcuts in EQ.
Pretty good advice!

Guess its all about flipping items that doesn't really have an " exact" value

like some items have a range

so the mindset is : buy low sell high?

Tbh I don't really like this behavior

I remember when I started the server back in 2016, I sold an item for cheap to a noob

for about 60p; I later saw him resell it almost immediately for 100p like wtf?

this happened to me a lot of times on green too but most of the time is not right away

in fact, they must have waited till I was logged off

then Ill be on an alt and see them selling my items higher than sold

So like wtf, I be nice to noobs and my reward is shit money? feels bad man

or maybe Im too gullible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread