Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Default Ashes of Creation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI5yPLhDQYc

Thats a pretty solid looking game........... dot dot dot
Old 06-08-2021, 05:37 PM
Banned

I mean - do people even get to stare at walls waiting for mobs to spawn in this game?
Old 06-08-2021, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Not gonna lie this looks pretty good. It's been a while since I looked into this game. They've come a long way.

It's like everquest 1, dark age of Camelot and guild wars 2 had a baby.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-08-2021, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Not a fan. Really just hate the basic stuff like horse traveling, seeing them disappearing after dismounting is terrible to me.. The small things that no one cares about anymore just erk me. Instant travel.. Instancing.. YUCK.

That and I am not a fan of the roster, the community managers etc.. Especially Margaret Krohn, yuck, shes bad news. Just EQ Next all over again I feel..

But we need more MMORPGs no matter how bad they are imo. Pantheon Rise of the Fallen and New World, MAYBE Camelot Unchained is all I really have any hope for. I really like New World but I hate their money making model now so I just stick with EQ for life I think [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2021, 06:35 PM
Banned

Doesn't look good at all, and i WANT to like. I really wanted to like it, and every other MMO for that matter. It's not really like this MMO is trying to do something unique. They are literally just making a WoW clone and the only "unique" thing about it is the class system, which is basically a clone of what Rift had and very, very, very comparable to the classic spec systems in WoW. It's not new or innovative, and likely everyone will be running around with the exact same builds since something like this will be impossible to balance and certain builds will surely outshine others.

Also y'all need to stop hyping New World. It's literally just a Guild Wars 2 Clone, and it was focused around world PVP, but they removed the world PVP, so there's essentially nothing to do in the game now. It's very comparable to SWG in 2021. SWG was built around world PVP, and the other players made the game interesting. In 2021 now that most SWG emulators are literal ghost towns, and there's no PVP, 90% of the content is gone. It's not that SWG was a bad game, it's that the players were the content, and it really shows when there aren't people playing the game.

Same thing happened with New World. It was designed to be played around world PvP, but they essentially removed that, so now you run around a world that is empty and it feels like a pointless endeavor.
Old 06-08-2021, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same thing happened with New World. It was designed to be played around world PvP, but they essentially removed that, so now you run around a world that is empty and it feels like a pointless endeavor.
We will see, they did say we didn't see the real PvP in the stress test, and we only saw a supposed 5-10% of the actual map etc. I have hope for it even though it is trying to this cash shop bullshit AFTER i payed for the fucking thing.. Hate those tactics.. Hiding behind agreements etc.

I see their Pvp in New World being comparable to something like Warhammer Online, so it makes sense that we didn't see any of it as the first zones are more for the starter stuff. That said.. The way that game is done was really fun, but you can easily be a dumb content absorber like a lot of people did and just play the content wrong, like I saw people just going from "rift" to rift like people did in the Mmorpg called Rift.. which is doable but a really bad way to experience that game as there was a metric fuck ton of side content, the trades alone were fun af.. Hell, id play that game just to chop trees and gather resources lol, that alone was fun. Hearing the ting of someone mining ore from up on a mountain, seeing that person.. And the fluid combat etc, you can already see how it is superior to ashes in that sense..

I just appreciate New worlds principles, how fast travel etc was done.
Last edited by Shawk; 06-08-2021 at 06:43 PM..
Old 06-08-2021, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Anyone who talks about pantheon still launching probably wears three masks.
Old 06-08-2021, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean... I have hope because of Brad but ya I dunno I can't disagree, but the same can be said for Camelot Unchained. There isn't too much to be done but wrapping up a MMORPG seems to be the hardest part of making one.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've actually wondered what Vanguard is like. I bought it years ago when it was new but the game ran so terribly I was never actually able to play it. I always wondered if it had the same depth to it that EverQuest did. I kind of doubt it could given how quickly it was produced..

At 17:36 he kind of goes over the exact problem I had. Game was unplayable on what was considered a high-end computer at the time. I spent a lot of time and money upgrading hardware and still never got to really experience the game.. most people (including me) quit by level 3 because it was running at like 10 FPS...
Old 06-08-2021, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Looked cool, I wonder if someone will resurrect it
Closed Thread